• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone tell me which classic mode gets DeDeDe or Mewtwo. K thnx

D

Deleted member

So the Great Maze all over again? Oh no.
Wouldnt say that. It’s just a straight up boss rush. You do get the whole multi character PM all star thing sub space had though, with 3 characters.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Its
- Sephiroth
- Chrono
- Erdrick
- Luminary
- Slime
- Geno
- Sora

Vergeben specifically states Sora is not one of them by his source. We dont have the direct DM but apparently Vergeben believes another character on this list is impossible due to sheer complicated design (its not Geno). Many people are speculating that to be Sephiroth.

That leaves the 3 DQ reps, Geno and Chrono. There's apparently also hints of Nintendo picking 2 fan requested reps from the guy who leaked it and his source.

In my personal opinion, like Sephiroth, i find all the DQ reps impossible due to their music alone, which is even more of a nightmare compared to Final Fantasy. My personal opinion though, maybe Nintendo managed to get something.

But if I HAD to guess, its either Geno or Chrono
Crono, Erdrick and Geno in that order would be coolest.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I like how everyone's going "Quick which Classic mode do I need to beat to get this specific character?" Like, calm down y'all. You start with 8 and end up with 84, I think it's best to just go "I'm picking ****ing uhhhhh that one" and see where you go from there

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I feel So bad For Sakurai Man Imagine trying this hard to please this fanbase only for them to leak the game and download it illegally.He tried so hard for you Guys and yet some of you act like he did nothing I love the smadh community but still this might be the most toxic fg community ever
Do you actually care or are you just fishing for likes? I feel like that’s the aim for most of the “DAE feel bad for soccer guy” posts. Plus, it’s not like the dude does this for free. He makes a lot of money probably. And it’s not like he’s singlehandedly making the game, don’t you feel bad for the team? “Nah, let’s just act all concerned about Sakurai so I can get them likes!”

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
1) Not really. They would run on the Switch fine considering they ran on PS3, SE knows a good portion of Kingdom Hearts fans are also Nintendo fans, and they have an entire division for Switch content.

2) Waluigi is already disqualified essentially, so that leaves Sora I believe. Saying Sora is just part of Kingdom Hearts is like saying Mario is just part of Super Mario, Cloud is just part of Final Fantasy VII, Goemon is just part of Mystical Ninja, or Dante is just part of Devil May Cry. He's the main character and face of the franchise. Bomberman isn't the game, just the main character whom the game is named for. I'm really not investing any emotions into this, just stating facts as I see them. I'm not mixing Sora's history with Disney's, no, Kingdom Hearts is a big thing for gaming, likely one of the biggest, most successful crossover series with a huge fanbase, probably just under Super Smash Bros honestly. Definitely one of the most popular RPG series.

3) Speculation is all we have, but educated speculation. Everyone essentially knows that Piranha Plant was Sakurai's WTF pick for this game.

They don't have any say in it. Disney consults with them as a courtesy and sign of respect, as well as to make sure characters are accurately represented, but there is no legal obligation to do so. Disney solely owns the series and all original content. Disney has been asked several times and they said as much. This is why a lot of Kingdom Hearts merchandise removes the Square Enix logo from the Kingdom Hearts logo. It's not belittling to state a fact.
Oh boy..
1) We were talking about KHIII. Is that coming to PS3 :/

2) I mean when were facts based on opinions?
Yet it's not a crossover of gaming, but animation and a splash of gaming, a very tiny corner of it too. Smash, is a real crossover of gaming.
Look, I'm not denying its popularity, but we can't say things like biggest, awesomest, most.., and most.. etc. without looking at real numbers. Again every fanbase think that, and again, it's not s deciding factor. Might help, but not a factor.

3) Did that educated speculation predict Piranha? No. That's what I was trying to say.

I have no knowledge of that so I can't argue, but I highly doubt it. I'm taking Namco-Bandai as an almost exact example.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Crono is in Verg SE character list
I want to believe...
Checking a stream, seems like there is a boss rush near the end of WoL. Sorry, can’t link the stream.
Is it the guy who kept spamming Axe with Simon? God, that was painful to watch

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
For anyone interested, I just started a support thread for the let's go partner eevee. It's super different from regular eevees, with tons of special moves of 9 different types that no other pokemon can learn and have bonus effects like casting leech seed and light screen alongside the damage. It also has access to other various abilities, like a piloting a small flying machine which could be its recovery. Partner Eevee would be a tricky character who relies on stacking various bonus effects of it's moves to win. Check it out!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Such impatience in this thread. Just play the modes and you'll gradually get characters. It's not a race and you get to use/try out characters you normally wouldn't.

If Wolf's the last character I get so be it. As long as I am having fun. I'll be using him loads after unlocking him anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Crono is in Verg SE character list
I want to believe...

Is it the guy who kept spamming Axe with Simon? God, that was painful to watch
I liked the axe spam. It’s painful but that’s what makes it funny.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Making this post from almost 1000 pages back.

I will avoid spoiling myself at all costs.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Such impatience in this thread. Just play the modes and you'll gradually get characters. It's not a race and you get to use/try out characters you normally wouldn't.

If Wolf's the last character I get so be it. As long as I am having fun. I'll be using him loads after unlocking him anyway.
Well when I have friends coming round I want all the characters unlocked.

D

Deleted member

>Literaply just playing the game in any way will unlock the characters
This thread: "ugh why is it so boring to unlock everyone"
Jeez guys, just, like, play one Classic Mode amd do a chain from there until you hit a dead end, or just play with friends and you'll be unlocking someone every ten minutes.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Same reason people buy any ports, especially on the switch:
They haven't played it before.
Or they want to play it again in a portable format.
I know, but it's an RPG. Most don't go twice playing an RPG, especially long ones. Besides, are new FF fans interested in games with lesser graphics. Weird.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

**** that I want to play Shulk on release night.

And also it's going to be a nightmare for small tournaments TOs

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'd rather not waste my time bashing my skull on gamemodes I don't care about, especially considering I have little time as it is to enjoy the game.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
>Literaply just playing the game in any way will unlock the characters
This thread: "ugh why is it so boring to unlock everyone"
Jeez guys, just, like, play one Classic Mode amd do a chain from there until you hit a dead end, or just play with friends and you'll be unlocking someone every ten minutes.
>Implying I have friends

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know, but it's an RPG. Most don't go twice playing an RPG, especially long ones. Besides, are new FF fans interested in games with lesser graphics. Weird.
You'd be surprised. A lot of people replay JRPGs if they're a big enough fan of them.

And Absolutely. FF13 has amazing graphics, but no one's itching to replay that. FF is a game defined by its story and gameplay, not how pretty it looks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom