• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I agree my friend, but we shall see anything is possible at this point. I mean seriously I never thought FF15 was coming to the Switch much less FF7, but it is. So we really can't 100% rule out stuff, Nintendo just might surprise us. I did see that, thats good Square is willing to add more content. Im still disappointed about One Winged Angel not being apart of the song choice. However if you look at Vergebens leaked conversation for SE rep, perhaps their is a reason for that.
We shall buddy. But FF7 on the Switch? that's the PS version right? To be honest when they announced those bunch of FF titles coming to Switch I was like "Ok, but who want to play through those again!?", aside maybe from collecting, I'm not sure why would anyone want to buy those. Especially since FF games are not that connected and since FF7 remastered is on the way, honestly that was weird. To me it was like Square saying to Nintendo "ok, we frogive you.. but we still despise you. Here, have some old titles. AND BE SURE TO TREAT THEM WELL.. AND BE THANKFUL" XD.. something like that.

Wait, I didn't know FF15 is com.. ohh, the pocket version. Yeah yeah, they treat Nintendo's Switch like a mobile. Are you interested in that game? I mean are FF fans interested in a pocket version of a AAA game? Does it capture the same feeling and excitement?

I've looked at some of Verg's recent leaks but I'm not sure which do you mean, nor that I recall one that talked about some Square coversation specifically. May you elaborate?

D

Deleted member

*narrator voice* Can I, Faygoshill, last less then 2 weeks without spoiling myself on some of the coolest parts of WoL?
Haha, of course not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We shall buddy. But FF7 on the Switch? that's the PS version right? To be honest when they announced those bunch of FF titles coming to Switch I was like "Ok, but who want to play through those again!?", aside maybe from collecting, I'm not sure why would anyone want to buy those. Especially since FF games are not that connected and since FF7 remastered is on the way, honestly that was weird. To me it was like Square saying to Nintendo "ok, we frogive you.. but we still despise you. Here, have some old titles. AND BE SURE TO TREAT THEM WELL.. AND BE THANKFUL" XD.. something like that.

Wait, I didn't know FF15 is com.. ohh, the pocket version. Yeah yeah, they treat Nintendo's Switch like a mobile. Are you interested in that game? I mean are FF fans interested in a pocket version of a AAA game? Does it capture the same feeling and excitement?

I've looked at some of Verg's recent leaks but I'm not sure which do you mean, nor that I recall one that talked about some Square coversation specifically. May you elaborate?
Nintendo fans would want to play those on account of them never being on Nintendo systems before and, y'know, Final Fantasy being one of the most popular franchises of all time

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Give your reactions to each of these characters being announced for a Smash:
Skull Kid
Sylux
Bandana Waddle Dee
Zerazora
Paper Mario
Lyn
Mach Rider
Ryu Hayabusa
Soma Cruz
Erdrick
Dante
Sora
Kazuma Kiryu
Dovakinn
Doomguy
Monster Hunter
Cole Macgrath
Commander Shepard
Skull Kid - No strong feelings
Sylux - Never Ever
Bandana Waddle Dee - Excited
Zerazora - Not interested
Paper Mario - Interested
Lyn - *laughs at people writing 50 page essays on why Fire Emblem doesn't deserve more characters*
Mach Rider - No strong feelings
Ryu Hayabusa - No strong feelings
Soma Cruz - Never heard of you
Erdrick - Not interested
Dante - No strong feelings
Sora - Excited
Kazuma Kiryu - Never heard of you
Dovakinn - No strong feelings
Doomguy - No strong feelings
Monster Hunter - No strong feelings
Cole Macgrath - Never heard of you
Commander Shepard - No strong feelings

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
So basically to unlock everyone asap you have to play a vs match, unlock the character, reset the game and then rinse and repeat?
Not sure why they apparently implemented a ten minute cooldown but alright...
just play classic mode. its more fun than vs matches for unlocking charecters + every character's classic mode unlocks someone unless the character supposed to be unlocked is already unlocked by some other means.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
just play classic mode. its more fun than vs matches for unlocking charecters + every character's classic mode unlocks someone unless the character supposed to be unlocked is already unlocked by some other means.
Yeah I'll probably do that, plus it kills two birds with one stone too.

D

Deleted member

When it's found out someone hmu with the classic mode that unlocks Shulk

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
You can also change your Switch's system clock forward ten minutes, play a match and the next one is a newcomer.

That's perfect cause I guarantee you for locals and anime conventions there's gonna be one setup that just has the base characters.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You do know that your argument there falls apart due to the fact that every console is getting the pocket edition right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If it's completely random, why do certain characters always seem to be unlocked early? And I'm not talking about the WoL unlocks, Ness, Jigglypuff, Bowser, and King K. Rool get unlocked early in almost all of the streams I've watched. I'm not doubting the time-delay thing, just the "completely random" thing.
I've also seen Zelda and Sonic unlocked early a lot too.

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
does anyone else get really hyped up when they see a 'challenger approaching' screen? Because i do! when i was at my dad's workplace when smash 4 came out for 3ds and i saw the challenger approaching screen for bowser jr i freaked out. then i lost. then my 3ds ran out of battery...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
play. classic. mode. it. is. fun.
This is just like my joke about practicing art
"Ugh I don't want to play World of Light to unlock characters"
Play Classic mode
"My god this is going to be so dull"
Play Classic mode
"I don't want to wait at all, just give me an easy way to unlock the characters"
Play Classic mode
"This isn't streamlined at all, if only there was something I could do quickly and unlock a character by just doing that"
Play Classic mode
"I'm going back to Gamestop"

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hold up. I got an idea. We have Crazy Hand as the Echo. Glover is a semi clone that uses a ball mechanic similar to his own game.

Basically, Glover can’t lose his ball or he will lose a stock if it goes past the blast zone.
corpo-thing-addams-family.jpg

So , Thing is another echo?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Its
- Sephiroth
- Chrono
- Erdrick
- Luminary
- Slime
- Geno
- Sora

Vergeben specifically states Sora is not one of them by his source. We dont have the direct DM but apparently Vergeben believes another character on this list is impossible due to sheer complicated design (its not Geno). Many people are speculating that to be Sephiroth.

That leaves the 3 DQ reps, Geno and Chrono. There's apparently also hints of Nintendo picking 2 fan requested reps from the guy who leaked it and his source.

In my personal opinion, like Sephiroth, i find all the DQ reps impossible due to their music alone, which is even more of a nightmare compared to Final Fantasy. My personal opinion though, maybe Nintendo managed to get something.

But if I HAD to guess, its either Geno or Chrono
Source?

D

Deleted member

Checking a stream, seems like there is a boss rush near the end of WoL. Sorry, can’t link the stream.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
when you complete a classic mode at a high difficulty for any character, you get their spirit, thus disproving spirits deconfirming anyone!
This is kinda old news and isn't a valid argument tbh

Those are fighter spirits who are unlocked in that particular way

so yeah

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
when you complete a classic mode at a high difficulty for any character, you get their spirit, thus disproving spirits deconfirming anyone!
That... doesn't disprove anything. Fighter spirits have been known to exist since they were revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom