• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pretty sure the Absolutely Safe Capsule is supposed to represent Porky and it's a joke on how he's trapped inside it as it has an usable Smash tag icon

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hear me out, guys: Girl themed dlc. Adding some female fighters, echos, and spirits.
(Aka: "I really, Really want to play as Rouge the bat")
Fighters: Style Savvy, Elma, Rouge the Bat, Shanoa, Dixie, Arle Nadja
Echoes: Toadette (assuming Toad/Captain Toad are already in), Jeanne, Roll

I like it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Being serious though, do you actually support Zoe for Smash? Or is it an ironic thing?
Yes, I do support Zoe for Smash.
Jab: A standard 3-hit combo: left paw strike, right paw strike, and an overhead swipe with both paws.

F-Tilt: Swings a microphone in front of her.

Up-Tilt: Spins a scarf above her, similarly to Palutena’s up-tilt.

Down-Tilt: Rolls forward. Can be used quicker in succession than Dedede’s roll, but deals less damage and slightly higher knockback.

N-Air: Kicks with her front and back paws, damaging fighters both in front of her and behind her.

F-Air: A quick 2-hit swipe of her claws.

Back-Air: Slams the microphone used in her F-Tilt into any fighters behind her. Has a very slight windbox.

Up-Air: Whips the scarf used in her Up-Tilt straight upward.

Down-Air: Charges for a moment, then swings her tail down. Has a meteor effect right when she swings.

Grab: Grabs a foe and pummels them with a coat hanger.

F-Throw: Throws the grabbed opponent forward, quickly following up with a barrage of sequins.

Back-Throw: Throws the grabbed opponent backward and kicks them away.

Up-Throw: Throws the grabbed opponent upward and slices them with her claws.

Down-Throw: Slams the grabbed opponent down, burying them.

Get-Up Attack: Fires 2 quick bursts of sequins on either side of her.

Ledge Attack: Fires a burst of sequins in front of her. Slightly stronger than her Get-Up Attack.

F-Smash: Quickly extends a microphone stand forward.

Up-Smash: Quickly extends a microphone stand upward.

Down-Smash: Swings the scarf she uses for her Up-Tilt and Up-Air in a circle around her. Has a slight windbox.

STANDARD SPECIAL: Strike a Pose!

Strikes a pose in place, damaging and launching nearby foes. If you hold the button, small shockwaves will be sent out on either side of Zoe, but this leaves her vulnerable to anyone who blocked the pose attack.

SIDE SPECIAL: Highest Note

Shoots a mid-low range, music note shaped projectile. It doesn’t deal much damage but has the second-highest knockback of any projectile, second only to Mega Man’s F-Smash.

UP SPECIAL: Spinnerrific Recovery

Zoe spins in an upward tornado motion, gaining height while also pushing opponents away. When used on the ground, this becomes a damaging move where she spins in place.

DOWN SPECIAL: Pocket Mirror

Zoe uses a pocket mirror to reflect projectiles at 1.5x the power and speed. If used when a fighter is right in front of Zoe, it does a small amount of damage but no knockback.

FINAL SMASH: Down the Runway

Like other characters with cutscene Final Smashes, Zoe attempts to trap fighters with an attack and, if successful, triggers the cutscene. For Zoe, the trapping attack is a dress rack that rolls onto the stage from the foreground, and the cutscene is her dazzling the trapped fighters with her runway moves. After the cutscene ends, the trapped fighters are launched.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Alright so this is kinda late, but here’s who I’m playing as in ultimate! Hope this isn’t too big, I’ve never posted an image here before so if anyone has any tips I’m all for it! I use mobile
18EE7C9C-2C63-4523-A630-E6D3E0E86B6B.jpeg

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I saw on reddit that someone's reporting that certain Assist Trophies and Pokeballs can't appear on some stages:

- Palkia won't spawn on Spear Pillar
- The Moon won't spawn on Great Bay
- Klap Trop won't spawn on Jungle Japes

...we have a precedent to remove Assist Trophies and Pokemon from the rotation! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I don't know if it was fake or not but I saw a screenshot where it was wrote that Spirits doesn't have the possibilities to get back to life (implying that no dlc for them). Did anyone saw this screenshot ? It was like a screen of a video related to smash.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I saw on reddit that someone's reporting that certain Assist Trophies and Pokeballs can't appear on some stages:

...we have a precedent to remove Assist Trophies and Pokemon from the rotation! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
Why? Are those characters part of those stages or something? I Mean, you'd think those stages would be perfect for those stages.

D

Deleted member

That's actually really cool. They're taking time and effort to make sure these small details are perfect... it's just amazing how much work they're putting into this game!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if it was fake or not but I saw a screenshot where it was wrote that Spirits doesn't have the possibilities to get back to life (implying that no dlc for them). Did anyone saw this screenshot ? It was like a screen of a video related to smash.
Considering all of the fighters have a spirit of themselves, I don't think this is a thing.

I'm not joking. Check out the Smash Wiki page for Spirits. They have pics.

D

Deleted member

Oh. Now I feel silly.

But all this means is that Robin's Final Smash is probably going to be different when fighting Chrom.
Nope, it's still the same.
Unless they add Alfonzo to Robin's Final Smash when Chrom is on the field...

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
OK. Haven't been here for a couple weeks. Did I miss anything interesting?

Feel free to answer in song.
Wellll....

Some people leaked the game
And pirated it (lame)
But we now know Spirits, World of Light, and that Snake's codecs are the same (The same!)

And Style Savvy
may just be
coming to DLC...

Certain characters' spirits are gone
Which means speculation's on
And we may get a patch with some brand new modes including Home Run Con...

...test.

So if you don't want spoilers...I'd recommend leaving this thread, until maybe next year.
Or at least until the 7th where this is all coming out here.

Acceptable?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Pretty sure the Absolutely Safe Capsule is supposed to represent Porky and it's a joke on how he's trapped inside it as it has an usable Smash tag icon
Then it would be called "Porky (Absolutely Safe Capsule)" like the other spirits that represents characters with variations.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Considering all of the fighters have a spirit of themselves, I don't think this is a thing.

I'm not joking. Check out the Smash Wiki page for Spirits. They have pics.
Yes I was thinking the same about the fact that fighters have a spirits. I didn't find the picture on the smash wiki :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom