• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's a thought.

Petey Piranha is a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces.
He also appears as Piranha Plant's stand in Smash Brothers.

Pauline is a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces.
Who's stand will she be?
What are you talking about with this Pauline going to be in Smash nonsense, it's quite obviously going to be Chain Chomp who becomes playable.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh, Ryu and Ken's designs, as in how they look, not how they play, are more inline with the Street Fighter 2 era. I'd call that classic. MM's based on his NES Sprites rather than his artwork, which is why his pupils are so big. BTW, what's Ken's F-Smash? Cause Ryu's is a move that's usually exclusive to him.

Cloud's got it both ways as does Bayo, having their original looks and an alternate.

Speaking of Bayo, I wonder what she'll look like in B3, seems like she gets a redesign after every game like Dante.
Her design in the trailer was just her first game design. It might be a place holder but maybe they decided to return to her more iconic design.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about with this Pauline going to be in Smash nonsense, it's quite obviously going to be Chain Chomp who becomes playable.
With the fact that we have piranha plant i wouldn't be surprised if we got another mario enemy.

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Honestly would love a Peachette Alt costume! Never been huge on the whole Bowsette thing, but I think Peachette is actually adorable!
I also want alts for villager that give them appearance from the original gamecube/N64 games with the cute little hats or alts that portray modern designs
Luigi should get an alt based off of the Luigi balloon game from Mario Odyssey!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Here's a thought.

Petey Piranha is a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces.
He also appears as Piranha Plant's stand in Smash Brothers.

Pauline is a playable character in Mario Tennis Aces.
Who's stand will she be?
Captain Toad. He's already in New Donk. It's time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
With the fact that we have piranha plant i wouldn't be surprised if we got another mario enemy.
We have one generic Mario enemy and two women that Mario had to save. Sakurai seems to have a bias.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Geno's spirit battle is actually with Sheik as Geno with a party. Kirby fills in for Mallow, and then you have Peach, Bowser, and Mario.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Here’s some costume ideas I think would be great if they were implemented as future dlc content or update content.

:ultlink: Breath of the Wild Ancient Armour

:ultzelda: Breath of the Wild costume

:ultsnake: Venom Snake costume

:ultryu: Evil Ryu or Bearded Ryu costume

:ultken: Violent Ken or Street Fighter Alpha longer hair ken design

:ultpacman: Mrs Pac-Man costume

:ultyoshi: Boshi Costume

:ultfox: James McCloud costume

:ultness: Ninten costume

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly would love a Peachette Alt costume! Never been huge on the whole Bowsette thing, but I think Peachette is actually adorable!
I also want alts for villager that give them appearance from the original gamecube/N64 games with the cute little hats or alts that portray modern designs
Peachette can happen due to actually being canon. Plus, it'd probably be a big bone for Toadette fans as they could feel like they are playing Toadette using the Super Crown.
That said, I could totally see Modders using the Super Mario Odyssey Bowsette on Daisy, due to Daisy's more energetic postures and animations.

D

Deleted member

One notable thing about spirits is that spirit battles usually involve the characters, stages, elements, and items already apart of the game in order to create a scenario that is a homage to them (ex. Elma using Bayonetta and her Jeanne alt because she has dual guns and an alt that is similar to hers). Porky doesn’t seem to have anyone to allude to a scenario to at least be a homage to Porky.
That is the worst excuse I've ever heard.

So pray tell, who can allude to the ****ing ABSOLUTELY SAFE CAPSULE?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
idk anything about Geno but doesn't he have a gun-arm? Wouldn't he fit better as Mega-man or Samus?
You'd think, but it's Sheik filling in for him.

Maybe they have Samus or Mega Man fill in for him in the Mallow battle?

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Why wanting a Peachette costume when you can have a Bowsette character ? :awesome:

beans

Smash Lord
Wouldnt Bowser Junior be able to fill in for a Porky spirit?
Since both use a similar kind of "machine" to fight in.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Here’s some costume ideas I think would be great if they were implemented as future dlc content or update content.

Honesty it baffles me that no other dlc besides fighters were announced, costumes just seem like free money

D

Deleted member

You cant hurt Kirby.
I mean he is freaking invincible.
Also maybe Down Special, since in Kirby's rock form you are somewhat invencible but immobile, a reference on how Porky uses the Absolutely Safe Capsule.
Oh okay

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hear me out, guys: Girl themed dlc. Adding some female fighters, echos, and spirits.
(Aka: "I really, Really want to play as Rouge the bat")

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That sounds too mature for Smashboards. :V
you could say that about literally anything around some of these people tbh

You cant hurt Kirby.
I mean he is freaking invincible.
Also maybe Down Special, since in Kirby's rock form you are somewhat invencible but immobile, a reference on how Porky uses the Absolutely Safe Capsule.
i mean the match conditions could make that definitely possible.
giant gray kirby that takes no knockback etc etc

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Some DLC costumes I’d like:

:ultbayonetta:: Fancy dress
:ultganondorf:: Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, Desert Voe set (BotW)
:ultlink:: Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, proper Fierce Deity, Sumo pants (TP), Soldier set (BotW, no helm), Magic Armor (TP), Snowquill set (BotW)
:ultlucario:: proper Shiny
:ultluigi:: Mr. L
:ultmario:: Fire Mario, Jumpman, Wario colors
:ultmewtwo:: Armor, proper Shiny
:ultpeach:: Shadow Queen
:ultdaisy:: Classic Daisy
:ultpokemontrainer:: Team Rocket (Squirtle with shades, Black rose Ivy, Shiny Zard), Team Aqua (all mons bluish with bandanna)
:ultridley:: bring back the black color from E3
:ultryu:: Bearded
:ultsimon:: Ginger
:ulttoonlink:: Outset, Engineer
:ultyoshi:: bring back the black
:ultyounglink:: Purple
:ultzelda:: Twilight Princess, BotW royal gown, BotW prayer gown, Ocarina of Time

beans

Smash Lord
I was thinking about but:
Isnt it weird that Mewtwo and Solid Snake are similar in canon origins?

D

Deleted member

Kirby and Mega Man make perfect sense for Mallow and Geno but they only possess those characters when they appear as the other's ally. Instead, the Smash team went, "lol robin and sheik makes sense right?"

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Man. I hope there are some additional DLC costumes or even echo fighters beyond what we're getting with the pass.
They don't really have to continue adding in new fighters, but it would be kind of weird not to support the game at all beyond February 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom