• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright, I'm full on against "Spirits disconfirm fighters" now.

Alright, so now that I've totally spoiled myself on the story, this is what I think. I'm not even sure if there are 3 endings or just one proper one, but at the end of what appears to be the "good" ending, all of the spirits are freed and sent back to their former selves. What does this mean? It means that the story mode results in all spirits being sent back to being who they were before. For example, Elma would go back to being Elma.

The logical reasoning for Fighter Spirits to be their own thing is that the fighters are the equivalent of the Avengers, being the last standing warriors against a threat. That's the literal storyline relevance to the fighter spirits.

Assuming you beat World of Light before most DLC is out, then logically, a Spirit being freed can return to it's former self, and then join the battle. I see no reason why this can't be the case.

In addition, the World of Light map is set. Characters are set on given spaces on the map, and it's fully designed. I would believe that DLC characters wll not be added to the map, but could just be added at the beginning with Kirby. I'm not sure that I really know what to think when it comes to it all, but one thing is for sure, I really do not think png files rule out characters.
That out of the way, I'm panicking because I don't think the store I preordered from is doing a midnight launch. If I have to get my Gamestop credit back and use it at another store, then I will. But it looks like I have a few best buys I can go to if needed.

Anyone running into preorder issues?

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Weirdly absent spirits atm (that are first party and not 3rd party)

> Porky
> Sylux
> Fossil Fighter
> Adeline
> Magnus (assist is gone too)

idk if im missing anyone but these are the oddest exclusions right now
I'd throw Grovyle/Sceptile on there. The line was very popular in the Smash 4 DLC era, you would think they'd at least give one of them a spirit.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I don't know... It's not impossible...
Where's the Sakurai rule stating that two characters from the same third party company can't get in as DLC around the same time?
Banjo and Steve getting announced in the same direct isn't too out of the question, if you ask me...
Its possible, one might be a costume. And unfortunately I think it would be Banjo.
Although making a character out of steve would be a simpler task than say most of the other characters. Animations for him would be simple. The only thing potentially complexed about his character would be game mechanics.

However after watching PapaGenos' latest video(A Very informative channel, sure, he is just speculating based on leaks,but his logic is sound. I definitely recommend) Im personally convinced we will see Banjo+K as a playable character.

Now there is this confusion about a minecraft boss. But maybe dlc characters have to be unlocked like any other character? Possibly adding a new section to the world of light mode.

As for the Square Enix character, Im still hoping for Sora or Geno. But my theory is that we get Geno along with some other Square rep. The whole world of light theme is too perfect for Sora not to be in. And seeing as Cloud is already in the game, he would make for good temporary villain to counter Sora, just like in Kh1.
I can definitely picture Sora saying some corny line about the darkness in Cloud's heart.

Geno will definitely receive some kind of promotion in here. So for anyone who is holding out for him, I wouldnt lose hope until the end of next year. For a costume that got a lot of attention and is just now missing from the game doesnt make much sense. He will either be a costume again, an echo, or a new fighter. My bet is still on an echo of some kind and we will get a true square enix representative as well.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Oh so if magnus is already deconfirmed that leaves the weirdly missing spirits as just
>porky
>fossil fighter
>sylux
>adeline

Can anyone double check if these 4 are anywhere

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Oh OH something just dawned on me. Concept: DLC fighters bringing, like, 5 or so new Spirits with them but they all get Spirit Battles for free, you don't need to buy the Fighter itself to get the Spirits.

Every starter should have gotten in tbh, it makes me really annoyed Chikorita is the only Johto starter present.
I agree tbh. It’s how I felt with Piplup spirit. It’s the only Sinnoh starter in Smash? I don’t hate it, but it IS my least favorite one.

I mean, I guess I can’t conplain too much considering a bunch of my faves are playable, but no Torterra spirit means preorder canceled. :v

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm full on against "Spirits disconfirm fighters" now.

Alright, so now that I've totally spoiled myself on the story, this is what I think. I'm not even sure if there are 3 endings or just one proper one, but at the end of what appears to be the "good" ending, all of the spirits are freed and sent back to their former selves. What does this mean? It means that the story mode results in all spirits being sent back to being who they were before. For example, Elma would go back to being Elma.

The logical reasoning for Fighter Spirits to be their own thing is that the fighters are the equivalent of the Avengers, being the last standing warriors against a threat. That's the literal storyline relevance to the fighter spirits.

Assuming you beat World of Light before most DLC is out, then logically, a Spirit being freed can return to it's former self, and then join the battle. I see no reason why this can't be the case.

In addition, the World of Light map is set. Characters are set on given spaces on the map, and it's fully designed. I would believe that DLC characters wll not be added to the map, but could just be added at the beginning with Kirby. I'm not sure that I really know what to think when it comes to it all, but one thing is for sure, I really do not think png files rule out characters.
That out of the way, I'm panicking because I don't think the store I preordered from is doing a midnight launch. If I have to get my Gamestop credit back and use it at another store, then I will. But it looks like I have a few best buys I can go to if needed.

Anyone running into preorder issues?
Can't read the spoiler right now and am averting my eyes from the now expanded spoiler in the quote but I'm trusting Jones here!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Probably I missed it, but.... There's not even a Cloud spirit? Man, his Smash journey is getting very weird.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
So, I was looking for the "Ness's Father" Spirit, but couldn't find it in the Google Drive; then, I found "dad," and it's the phone from Mother/EarthBound Beginnings, lol.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
When I do the adventure mode, I'm gonna need a 100% completion guide on GameFAQS to do it. I hope one is around by the time I get the game.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Well, with the rumor of Cloud not being in WOL deconfirmed (thank god), perhaps we can now put the possibility of a new SE rep back on the table. Though considering Verge's credibility is quickly spiraling down, and the state of all the FF content in the game, I'd still consider it unlikely.

Roberk

Smash Champion
An Aegislash, Arcanine, AND Hydreigon spirit? Along with playable Lucario, Greninja, and Incineroar, Sakurai has got great taste in Pokemon.

now where tf is best starter line Turtwig spirit?
>Torterra/Turtwig line nowhere to be found despite being starters
>Sinnoh remakes on the horizon
>Pokemon as DLC would be promotional

Guys! Torterra as the DLC Pokemon!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That would be aproximately 5 matches per character then

I would like to know if :ultridley: is possible to unlock near the beginning is what I would like to know I know :ultkrool: can
I did see a few instances where you complete classic as Link, K. Rool appeared as the challenger approaching.
I not sure if it's random, but I saw it happen twice for Link's classic mode. (For some weird reason)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Eliwood should have been the Marth clone and not his useless son
I don't see why they don't add the rest of the Fire Emblem Lords in as echoes instead of just the Awakening crew.
Sigurd,Seliph and Eirika for Marth
Eliwood, Leif, and Alm for Roy

SonicMario

Smash Master
Damn, that's long
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Hold up!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Having more controllers active in a match speeds up the process. So basically if you have multiple controllers. You can speed up the process. Just have those characters (other then the character you want to use to unlock characters) SD on one stock matches if you want all of the characters ASAP

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eliwood should have been the Marth clone and not his useless son
You can't be a clone of a horseless unit when you have a horse.

Shoe this is first grade stuff.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
>Torterra/Turtwig line nowhere to be found despite being starters
>Sinnoh remakes on the horizon
>Pokemon as DLC would be promotional

Guys! Torterra as the DLC Pokemon!
Don’t you ****ing play with my feelings now I would literally cry tears of joy if that ever happened my first ever Pokemon being in smash would be such an honor oml I want Sakurai to make this a reality

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Is there really no Fossil Fighter spirit? Didn't it get a ported song?
They got spirits such as nibbles and trex but NOT the main protagonist
they did get a song
Im commenting on it cause its incredibly weird that the main protagonist is completely absent.
If the series hadnt gotten other spirits or a song it wouldnt be notable, but the main hero missing when p much every other series has their main protag is just an oddity. Its like how sylux is just completely missing too. And porky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom