• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just gonna put it out there that Fossil Fighters main hero is missing from spirits despite the series having other spirits (such as nibbles and Trex) its incredibly weird the series main protagonist isnt there
Isn't the main draw of that series the dinosaurs, though?
If they got a fighter, shouldn't it be Nibbles or T-rex?...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i mean

it is

that is the right attitude
thank you

edit:
before anyone decides they wanna square up with me: eat my shorts
Being disappointed your character is represented in some capacity is an alien concept for me.
Real only disappointment for me is no Joshua Spirit but from FE I got Lyon, Nino and Hector; Shovel Knight got 4 Spirits more than I expected, of those include Shield and Specter Knight; two of my favorite Pokemon are in; and one of my most wanted characters, Wonder-Red, is in alongside his buddy.
I'm ginna enjoy using the heck out of Spirits in World of Light

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the main draw of that series the dinosaurs, though?
If they got a fighter, shouldn't it be Nibbles or T-rex?...
The main protags still do a ton and are the main focus of the plot. Fossil Fighters is FAR more plot driven than any pokemon game. The dinosaurs are generally only there for the actual battles. So the hero is far more important to the game than say a pokemon trainer.
The hero also has an official name in the 3rd game (each game has a diff set of heroes)
But considering in ultimate Fossil Fighters got a song and some spirits and the main character isnt present is just odd and no ones commented on it really which is kinda surprising me lol

Koopaul

Smash Champion
damn Diskun has a spirit now he'll NEEEEVER be playable :cry::cry::cry:
Diskun doesn't even look like he has moveable parts to his body. How could he be playable anyway? What would his moveset be like? It's not like Game & Watch where he has a bunch of his own games to draw from.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Diskun doesn't even look like he has moveable parts to his body. How could he be playable anyway? What would his moveset be like? It's not like Game & Watch where he has a bunch of his own games to draw from.
"he uh

he

uh

DISKUN PAWNCH" - Sakurai

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Weirdly absent spirits atm (that are first party and not 3rd party)

> Porky
> Sylux
> Fossil Fighter
> Adeline
> Magnus (assist is gone too)

idk if im missing anyone but these are the oddest exclusions right now

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The main protags still do a ton and are the main focus of the plot. Fossil Fighters is FAR more plot driven than any pokemon game. The dinosaurs are generally only there for the actual battles. So the hero is far more important to the game than say a pokemon trainer.
The hero also has an official name in the 3rd game (each game has a diff set of heroes)
But considering in ultimate Fossil Fighters got a song and some spirits and the main character isnt present is just odd and no ones commented on it really which is kinda surprising me lol
Yes but does the protagonist fight him/herself? Or is it the dinosaurs? If there was ever a fighter character it should be the dinosaurs. Even the Pokemon Trainer just uses Pokemon to fight and he's only there to switch between three. Otherwise Charizard would just fight alone like he did in the Wii U.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

> Porky
> Sylux
> Fossil Fighter
> Adeline

Would most Kirby fans riot if Adeline got in before BWD?

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I thought he was a spirit....

Magnus is who I mean, forgot to add quotes

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
An Aegislash, Arcanine, AND Hydreigon spirit? Along with playable Lucario, Greninja, and Incineroar, Sakurai has got great taste in Pokemon.

now where tf is best starter line Turtwig spirit?

D

Deleted member

> Porky
> Sylux
> Fossil Fighter
> Adeline

Pretty sure Magnus's Spirit was listed in the pastebin doc

D

Deleted member

Oh OH something just dawned on me. Concept: DLC fighters bringing, like, 5 or so new Spirits with them but they all get Spirit Battles for free, you don't need to buy the Fighter itself to get the Spirits.
An Aegislash, Arcanine, AND Hydreigon spirit? Along with playable Lucario, Greninja, and Incineroar, Sakurai has got great taste in Pokemon.

Every starter should have gotten in tbh, it makes me really annoyed Chikorita is the only Johto starter present.

D

Deleted member

So lemme get this straight.

I can choke hold Lucas, a small child that has lost most of his family, and be able to just end it all for him by snapping his neck with pure ease, releasing him from the torment he's dealt with.

Yet Mythra is a no go.

I mean I'm glad Pyra is OK and I'm more leaning towards her, but even then, huh???

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

> Porky
> Sylux
> Fossil Fighter
> Adeline

I still think Deathborn is a very valid addition to this list since he did have a trophy in Smash 4. Espically since were getting spirits for Baba and Bio Rex, which are... not that popular F-Zero characters

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
ToasterBrains replied to the thread
SPOILERS Smash Ultimate Discussion:
Age of DLC Speculation Begins
[potential spoilers]. There may be more
posts after this.

Oh OH something just dawned on me. Concept: DLC fighters bringing, like, 5 or so new Spirits with them but they all get Spirit Battles for free, you don't need to buy the Fighter itself to get the Spirits.
neat little freebie.

I've been kinda thinking about them occasionally tossing a bunch of spirits in an update every once in a while

LetterO

Smash Lord

> Porky
> Sylux
> Fossil Fighter
> Adeline

IIRC Magnus has a spirit.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

Honestly, I feel the opposite. All my favorites (Cyndaquil Line, Sceptile, Weavile, Decidueye, Lycanroc) are absent, plus I still don't like Incineroar.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So lemme get this straight.

I can choke hold Lucas, a small child that has lost most of his family, and be able to just end it all for him by snapping his neck with pure ease, releasing him from the torment he's dealt with.

Yet Mythra is a no go.

I mean I'm glad Pyra is OK and I'm more leaning towards her, but even then, huh???
Wait who says Mythra's a no go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom