• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Piranha Plant doesn't have a spirit, that means spirits disconfirm characters and only ones without spirits are in. That means Paratroopa is in. And Dry Bones. And Monty Mole. And Buzzy Beetle. And Cheep-cheep. And Pokey.
Pokey would be legit pretty interesting if he got in though.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’d main Monty, no lie.

We need more rodents in Smash.

I agree that romers should be punished but customers that bought the game early in Mexico is clearly the store’s fault, not theirs.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't even know what you mean by that. Was it in Classic Mode? If so, which character was it? What was the battle?
Bassically it was classic mode, and Kirby was fighting a Giant yoshi, he was constantly getting the thunder strike when he hit him, over, and over, and over. all in a row as well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can get this for people sharing roms but people just streaming an early copy they got I feel is a harsher punishment than needed.

On a different topic it is looking like unlocks are random to me but the criteria for characters to challenge you are the same. So two people could do the same unlock criteria and unlock different characters
For those streaming it (without roms) are getting a harsh punishment...but they shouldn’t be streaming it this early in the first place (unless Nintendo give people permission to upload something from their game, it shouldn’t be shown at all until the Embargo ends)...but instead we get massive leaks and spoilers for days

oh well guess they need to face punishment
DEB7BD18-6455-44E3-883E-03B78CF521AE.jpeg

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I feel like bringing this up here, so anyways, at this link

https://mobile.twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1066276640324501504?s=19

we have multiple things that may increase Banjo-Kazooie's chances exponentially. How?

Apparently, Rare's copyright is cited multiple times in the games files (this is found in the comment section of the link above)

But the bigger evidence is that there is proof of Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini content in the game removed for some reason.

If, say, Ender Dragon actually is a boss, but not yet in the game, is it possible that the rumored Day 1 DLC patch will include a bunch of Microsoft and Rare related content, including Banjo-Kazooie?

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

we have multiple things that may increase Banjo-Kazooie's chances exponentially. How?

Apparently, Rare's copyright is cited multiple times in the games files (this is found in the comment section of the link above)

But the bigger evidence is that there is proof of Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini content in the game removed for some reason.

If, say, Ender Dragon actually is a boss, but not yet in the game, is it possible that the rumored Day 1 DLC patch will include a bunch of Microsoft and Rare related content, including Banjo-Kazooie?

Doubt they would add a character in a day 1 patch. If banjo is in, it’s more likely that the Blast Corps stuff is future proofing for dlc spirits from Rare

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

A day 1 DLC patch with Banjo? I'll have whatever you're smoking lol.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Guys, I don't want to scare anyone, but it seems that "Blue", the velociraptor from Jurassic World, is not a spirit... so DLC confirmed!?!?!??!?!'1'1?!'1?!'1'!'!º1
You joke but I’d shed tears if we got a Jurassic Park stage in the style of Dracula’s Castle. It’d be based on the scene from JP1 where Rexy breaks out (with details like overturned cars and the outhouse). Various dinosaurs would appear and we could Smash it out to some nice John Williams pieces.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So had you guys seen that over 2 hour long video that's now been taken.

It seems you unlock characters randomly by beating Classic or other modes with characters. The guy who was playing unlocked :ultness: by beating Classic with :ultkirby: and unlocked :ultkrool: by beating Classic as :ultlink:

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I guess something that should be taken away from this is that, at some point, you gotta be aware of the fact that your natural curiosity or sense of self satisfaction can harm yourself and others.

Of course, maybe I'm not one to talk considering I'm in a thread rife with spoilers, but I would never go so far as to pirate the game and encourage others to do so.

These guys will definitely get into some legal trouble soon.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
As I predicted, character unlocks will be random. Won’t that be fun?

On another note, Vergeben now claiming there’s a stage boss for Minecraft sounds more like a boon to Steve than a bane (and honestly I hope it’s the Ender Dragon cause that thing is so cool).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

On another note, Vergeben now claiming there’s a stage boss for Minecraft sounds more like a boon to Steve than a bane (and honestly I hope it’s the Ender Dragon cause that thing is so cool).
There is no minecraft boss

Shroob

Sup?

Funny thing is that reskinning the Rathalos to be an Ender Dragon works scarily well.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do like how continues actually have you continue from right where you left off, percent staying on the opponent and all now. Also, that move list pretty much invalidates the existence of the manual, and I don't even think it does exist...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
THAT KAPPA DUDE JUST GOT ANNIHILATED BY DARK LINK WITH A MUSHROOM

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
If "minecraft" is a boss and not connected to any other dlc (such as steve), there is the potential it is coming in that rumored day 1 new gamemode patch

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So either assists are set for some classic stages or there's an extreme amount of luck as I have seen Jeff summoned during the exact same stage in Ness' classic mode in two different streams

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Ninjas trying to keep up with leaks.
(I totally didnt steal this from reddit or anything...)
CL7BDY0.png

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace

I honestly think that, out of all the highly requested third-party characters there are, Banjo has the biggest shot at the roster. He's probably one of the only third-party characters that can legitimately be called a Nintendo all-star. Because back in the day, he WAS. Add to that Phil "Robert Xbox" Spencer himself has vouched for his inclusion and moreover there's now this evidence.
I'm calling it, I think he'll be one of the DLC five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom