• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
On one hand, I feel like asking for a link to the stream.

On the other hand, I don't want any boss spoilers, save for Marx as he's the only reason I was interested.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Er... Guys?

Want to know the funny part. The Ender Dragon can basically echo Rathalos. They do very similar attacks in their games.

But this is interesting. Minecraft has two bosses. The former Ender Dragon, and the Wither. I do want the wither though, it looks the most unique with it’s skull attacks.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Celica would feature management as well, because she has to manage her own damage taken. She would be able to be more aggressive as it would all only break down once she gets hit, but there is still a clear "risk/reward" in both characters; Robin with how he can waste his stronger weapons and Celica with how her own attacks can spell her doom.
That somewhat sounds like the triple/double Brazen Desperation Celica builds in Heroes.

Neat.

Shroob

Sup?
Want to know the funny part. The Ender Dragon can basically echo Rathalos. They do very similar attacks in their games.

But this is interesting. Minecraft has two bosses. The former Ender Dragon, and the Wither. I do want the wither though, it looks the most unique with it’s skull attacks.
Skull attacks you say?

*Smash is now banned in China*

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Big bright glowing tail that screams HIT me.

Doesn't hit the tail.
Somebody meme this...because seriously, this person is terrible at playing.

Why does every person who has the fortune of playing Smash early plays the game at the level of a toddler...

EDIT:
Did Dark Beast Ganon ever use the electrical blast? Because if not, that is a reference to Demise from Skyward Sword.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't see how I'm stretching this; Celica would feature a management aspect with her magic, except instead of her running out with it, she's putting her own life on the line. It's not exactly the same as Robin, and I'm not saying it is. But it is similar.
You're saying it's TOO similar when it isn't. It isn't management when there's only a single factor! Management is "Ok I have A that I can use now because I think I used B a little too often, can't risk using C as wasting that would REALLY hurt me and D is unavailable for another 30 seconds". Celica would be "They're open/Ready to get opened! FLOOR IIIIIIIT" or "They're being pretty defensive, I should wait"

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Was Robin the main character of Awakening? Chrom was the lord, yet Robin was the one who managed to get in Smash first.

Axes aren't anything groundbreaking but for a series with a weapon triangle I'd expect to have more than one corner of the triangle in after eight characters in Smash. We haven't seen enough of Edelgard to realistically judge either way if she'd be unique or not, but I'm in the camp that she'd be more of a varied addition than Celica; all movesets I've seen for her are essentially Robin but with a twist.
Chrom, Robin, and Lucina were the main characters.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You're saying it's TOO similar when it isn't. It isn't management when there's only a single factor! Management is "Ok I have A that I can use now because I think I used B a little too often, can't risk using C as wasting that would REALLY hurt me and D is unavailable for another 30 seconds". Celica would be "They're open/Ready to get opened! FLOOR IIIIIIIT" or "They're being pretty defensive, I should wait"
It is management because it's still keeping something in check; you can use your magic attacks but you have to make sure you're in a position where they can hit first, otherwise you're just damaging yourself. You can use your magic, but is it worth using it on a lightweight character? It's not an inventory like Robin, but with Celica your status as a whole would be something to consider because you wouldn't want to take too much damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom