• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Interesting.

I'd actually love if those were the DLC...
And maybe they did remove Spirits when they decided on the DLC, so the Stylist was removed.
That's...huh.

....Huh.

I mean, I haven't actually seen any further substantiation of the idea that we haven't seen all the Spirits, so this IS a pleasantly optimistic viewpoint, especially if it means Style Savvy 5 is coming. I'm not gonna get my hopes up but it's also not impossible.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
There's no accent in the English version of the word "niche" (there is when it's French, though).

*removes Grammar Nazi cap*
my native language is Dutch and my country is basically split half in a Dutch speaking part and a French speaking part

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I gotta be honest, I was so sure that Porky was gonna be a boss that I was kinda happy to see him coming back... not being even a boss or a spirit kinda scares me, because if he is not a DLC that means he is less relevant for Smash than the freaking dog from mother 3 or Lucas's mom.
To be fair, Boney is a party member and Hinawa is a very important character. But yeah, I would take this as a snub if he’s not DLC, I mean, Salsa gets a very faithful spirit battle with Diddy Kong on Gerudo Valley, where you have Wario standing in for Fassad, and banana peels all over the stage. Hell, Ness’s dad is in the game, and he’s probably just a sprite of a telephone.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well, IDK if I will get yelled at for this by everyone but hear me out

I just dont like the fact we have 13 days to go and someone has already hacked it. Its not even out, at least give it some time to come out of the womb before you start doing that. Im all for spoilers, well, music spoilers in general. But not for hacking the game 13 days ahead of release
I feel the same way, although I still am lurking the thread just to be with the "cool kids" :laugh:

I've never really been for hacking, etc. but I do think it's a shame how it happened weeks before the game even released, I don't really care if I'm spoiled but for those that do it's going to be really hard for them

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I gotta be honest, I was so sure that Porky was gonna be a boss that I was kinda happy to see him coming back... not being even a boss or a spirit kinda scares me, because if he is not a DLC that means he is less relevant for Smash than the freaking dog from mother 3 or Lucas's mom.
Boney is a party member and a friend and you will treat him with respect!

D

Deleted member

My ideal DLC picks are these:

-Sylux
-Porky/Pokey Minch
-Crash Bandicoot
-Banjo
-Steve

D

Deleted member

My ideal DLC picks is literally any ****ing xenoblade/zelda newcomer please daddy sakurai im begging you

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Dude, no offense but there’s really no need to be so rude and immature, your previous posts on the thread have been inflammatory and kind of irrelevant to the larger topic at hand, so please, relax.
Don't relax? Alrighty

D

Deleted member

So, where are y'all gonna be on December 7th?

I have classes all day that day until like 7 lmao. Preloading is my best friend

Flyboy

Smash Hero
To be fair, Boney is a party member and Hinawa is a very important character. But yeah, I would take this as a snub if he’s not DLC, I mean, Salsa gets a very faithful spirit battle with Diddy Kong on Gerudo Valley, where you have Wario standing in for Fassad, and banana peels all over the stage. Hell, Ness’s dad is in the game, and he’s probably just a sprite of a telephone.
YO WHAT THIS IS THE BEST **** EVER

GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ALL THESE SPIRIT BATTLES

Ivander

Smash Legend
So apparently, the whole "Cloud is not playable in World of Light" is fake? Apparently, it was a speculation/joke from somebody and it just ended up spiralling into chaos?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The most baffling thing to me is that Frederick didn't get a spirit. Awakening has three playable characters and several spirits, but Frederick is entirely absent.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
SON OF A--

Tell me its more than just an intro and ending
There's a definite story going on with stuff that's unrevealed. Just don't expect anything substantial at all.
There's 7 cutscenes in total, I believe, and the playable fighters barely feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom