• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
People are theorizing the bosses found refer to the stages they're on instead of the bosses. That's why Giga Bowser and the Hands aren't there.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thanks for this.
I'm seriously pissed that Ike doesn't have his own theme when goddamn Corrin and the FEA trio duo do. Like come on, he's had 2 games where he's the protag.

And I don't even like Roy, but his own game has a BUILT IN VICTORY THEME.
IT'S CALLED "WINNING ROAD" COME ON.
I don't know if it's which is worse: Roy doesn't have Winning Road for a victory or Chrom doesn't have the Awakening victory theme.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't know if it's which is worse: Roy doesn't have Winning Road for a victory or Chrom doesn't have the Awakening victory theme.
In the case of Chrom, it's literally just using a different theme.
It's so bizarre, and it probably leads credence to Chrom being finished later on.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People are thinking

Home Run Contest is an actual bonus game/mode in WoL, hence why nobody has seen it as a mode in the demos. Same could be for other modes we have missed

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People are theorizing the bosses found refer to the stages they're on instead of the bosses. That's why Giga Bowser and the Hands aren't there.
In addition to possibly Master Core/Fortress and Tabuu, as they also are on FD.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

LetterO

Smash Lord
Why are so many victory fanfares shortened while others stay the same length. Ice Climbers didn't deserve this.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
In the Banjo thread, there is a picture of Steve being a spirit, and there’s discussion whether it’s real or not.
I still think it's foolish that they're using spirits as evidence of their character having a higher chance. Spirits don't officially deconfirm fighters, and I will always maintain that belief until I'm proven wrong.

D

Deleted member

You mean that small jingle at the end? So what?
Nope. It used to go like this and now it goes like this. The cut is extremely sloppy; part of the "dun dun dun dun" before the final note is left in the Ultimate version.

I hate the guy and even I notice something is wrong. Are you just blind to it because Yoshi?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
In the Banjo thread, there is a picture of Steve being a spirit, and there’s discussion whether it’s real or not.
I doubt it... Microsoft is expensive... I doubt they'd get Steve just for a Spirit
EDIT: It's been confirmed fake...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
**** IT.
If Square Enix won't give me a Final Fantasy 7 Remix, I'll just use one of theirs

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nope. It used to go like this and now it goes like this. The cut is extremely sloppy; part of the "dun dun dun dun" before the final note is left in the Ultimate version.

I hate the guy and even I notice something is wrong. Are you just blind to it because Yoshi?
No, I noticed it. And still, so what?

Are you just trying to start something?

D

Deleted member

No, I noticed it. And still, so what?

Are you just trying to start something?
No. I just think the cut is awful and sounds really unprofessional. Why are you like this whenever anyone says anything that can be construed as negative about Yoshi? It's really ****ing depressing.

D

Deleted member

Wait, are Ganon and Marx the only remaining bosses? Not that I'm complaining but I expected more

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

what the **** was that painful cut Yoshi’s VT has now? My Gawd was that part bad

D

Deleted member

Oof. No offense to Zinith Zinith but Yoshi's victory them is kinda...yikes.

Also, the new Metal Gear remixes are amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They should've cut the last note and kept the dun dun dun dun.
Seriously. It still would've been worse than what we had in Brawl and 4, but it would sound way better than what we're getting.

Last edited by a moderator:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Wait, are Ganon and Marx the only remaining bosses? Not that I'm complaining but I expected more
Not necessarily. It seems like that screenshot was only referring to bosses with new stages

Last edited:

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that based on Ganon getting his OoT arena as a boss arena for his WoL fight, we're probably getting Marx's fantastic boss arena for his fight. hyyyyyyyyyyyypppeeeee

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
We dont know but its possible there are more because the text that had those bosses mean they likely have exclusive stages to them. Master Hand/Crazy Hand/Giga Bowser. arent mentioned on there because they are on Final D.

Dracula and Rathalos certainly do, and we saw that Ganon was on a weird stage a few days ago in the Xander Mobius trailer.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It is time I become my true self. Listening to those remixes has given me new life.
I think someone had said Rayquaza is back as well as Tabuu. Trying to find that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom