• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If Home Run Contest isn't being added in a patch, I'm really confused as to why the music is there.
Where else would it fit at all?
We don't know how much of the music is actually used in game.

It could be music that's here just because it got ported over.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Amist all of the music leaks and possible World of Light leaks, remember that Nintendo Live is on now and will have Smash Ultimate gameplay later on!
I don't think Japanese schoolchildren cockfights will come back again, but I think possibly another appearance by Sakurai will happen!

This is strange...

I remember Sakurai saying he would show off WoL gameplay, and today at this point would be the only day. He should show up, based on that.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Its labeled under "SBX" which is Smash Bros X, the japanese version of Brawl. It simply is just brawl music in the game. I don't expect HRC to come back, same with Target Smash, Coin Shooter, and stage editor. I would be happy about day 1 patch modes, but I don't think the music hints at them, they are simply Brawl music files.
The thing about the Home-Run Contest music in particular, compared to most of the music tracks from other cut modes, is that it doesn't loop, so they can't just add it to other stages or menus as that doesn't make any sense; there'd only be 10 seconds of music and then dead silence.

It could definitely just remain unused, or maybe exist only in the sound test, but yeah.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I've been in the mood to suck her paws all day.
I understand that you have your kinks, but please keep that kind of stuff to yourself.

Anyways,
the lack of new Tropical Freeze music
might mean good things for Dixie Kong's chances. Or maybe not. I think she would be a great choice for a newcomer though. Although if she doesn't get in, I won't be upset.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Victory Themes are up.

Imagine being the only rivals to not have their own victory themes: :ultganondorf::ultwolf:

This message was made by the rivals gang: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultkrool::ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwario:

At least Ganondorf got Death Mountain, I'm hoping that does mean Ganon will be a boss.
Thanks for this.
I'm seriously pissed that Ike doesn't have his own theme when goddamn Corrin and the FEA trio duo do. Like come on, he's had 2 games where he's the protag.

And I don't even like Roy, but his own game has a BUILT IN VICTORY THEME.
IT'S CALLED "WINNING ROAD" COME ON.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I don't know why so many people get hung up on which companies characters are owned by and not the characters themselves. Maybe the reason why Capcom has a lot of representation in Smash is because they happen to have the most iconic and popular franchises out of any third party company.
That and they're less stingy.

So what's new fam? News involving Phoenix Wright?

potato69

Smash Apprentice
At the risk of getting infraction, I'm going to say this.
It's something I've been holding back for weeks and was just content with blocking the user in question to avoid seeing that kind of talk. Right now, I don't care to hold back any further.

Anyone, and I mean anyone who has sexual fantasies about a literal dog, cartoon or otherwise, let alone a PUPPY, is completely sick in the head and needs serious help. That should never be considered acceptable.
This is it, chief. I've been avoiding this thread more than I should have to due to certain disturbing posts catching me by surprise.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I’m glad to hear that the Id Purpose remix is more distinct than people thought it was going to be.

It’s interesting that they decided to include the second part. I figured they’d omit it.

D

Deleted member

Victory Themes are up.

Imagine being the only rivals to not have their own victory themes: :ultganondorf::ultwolf:

This message was made by the rivals gang: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultkrool::ultmetaknight::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwario:

At least Ganondorf got Death Mountain, I'm hoping that does mean Ganon will be a boss.
THE ICE CLIMBERS VICTORY THEME IS ****ING RUINED
WHY EVEN LIVE ANYMORE

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm not buying the "Modes on Day 1" patch belief yet.

Coin Launcher and TROPHY RUSH both have songs, and I'm fairly certain that Trophy Rush ain't returning, and it seems really counter-intuitive to have a Shop and a Spirit Board and then throw in the Coin Launcher on top of all that.
Smash 4 had Trophy Rush and a shop, so I don't know if that would matter. Not that I think Trophy Rush or Coin Launcher are returning

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Wow.

Okay, so where are these other modes then, because Home-Run Contest cannot be found anywhere on the main menu, unless if it was a demo build of the menus we've previously seen.

That, or unlockable?
That playtester guy who leaked Ken/Incineroar only and Pirahna plant nearly finished like a month ago (that nobody believed) also said Day 1 patch modes were coming. This could possibly be it.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’ll leave it up to you to decide the sheer length spirits are going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom