• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I highly doubt this because why would it be Gresit, which is primarily used in the Netflix series, and not...yknow... Wallachia or Castlevania.
Sense I know very little about Castlevania, that went over my head. I just saw Shantae and was like "yup, fake."

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
OH! About that list posted on twitter.

I think we saw parts of pacmaze before in world of light trailer

here's proof:

Sorry for poor drawing, I am on surface and am on thanksgiving vacation
Is that really the Pac-Maze tho? The Pac-Maze has a very specific look with darker blue walls etc. Unless this is from a different Pac-Man game

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
OH! About that list posted on twitter.

I think we saw parts of pacmaze before in world of light trailer

here's proof:

Sorry for poor drawing, I am on surface and am on thanksgiving vacation
Good find! Also there's elements of Green Hill on the overworld, and Green Hill is on the list so there's that. But Tails' laboratory? Not sure about that.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Here's even more proof:

Does this place looks like bowser's castle to you? Pretty sure that we've seen it before in past mario games.

also,
Umm... not really?
Compare pixels to pacmaze in original pacman, you will see they are simliar but with different colors.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
The only thing this "proof" means is that someone payed more attention to the trailer than most.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So I found this
Can anyone confirm if this list is real or not?
Assuming it's real, it'd be pretty funny if the stages shown for World of Light actually hints at his inclusion (as well as a Monster Hunter and Shantae) as 3 of the 5 DLC characters.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Here's even more proof:

Does this place looks like bowser's castle to you? Pretty sure that we've seen it before in past mario games.

also,

Compare pixels to pacmaze in original pacman, you will see they are simliar but with different colors.
In some footage of World of Light, we saw some race track with an F-ZERO car on it. I don't see where it would fit on that list, and it has to be early game since the guys taking the footage weren't allowed to show much of World of Light.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post, censor dodging
I think this list is bull****
Why Gresit instead of the most iconic castle in video games ? Gresit is from the animated series, what's next to gresit in smash ? Goku ? Shrek ? both ?

Last edited by a moderator:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
In some footage of World of Light, we some a race track with an F-ZERO car on it. I don't see where it would fit on that list, and it has to be early game since the guys taking the footage weren't allowed to show much of World of Light.
Yeah, It seems like that list isn't complete afterall, We saw the village where Isabelle is near so I think it may be some village shown in Animal Crossing.

Chance are, there's few hidden areas in the world that we didnt know about until we unlocked it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Kinda off topic but today is Thanksgiving in Japan so it’s a holiday. I’m a part of the international association here so I am helping with the International Thanksgiving Festival. I made my Chili.

We also have food from Peru, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and obviously Japan. It’s my third time to do this.

But I promise this isn’t like Sakurai’s version of the Super Spicy Curry. It’s very mild.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kinda off topic but today is Thanksgiving in Japan so it’s a holiday. I’m a part of the international association here so I am helping with the International Thanksgiving Festival. I made my Chili.

We also have food from Peru, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and obviously Japan. It’s my third time to do this.

But I promise this isn’t like Sakurai’s version of the Super Spicy Curry. It’s very mild.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!
I personally didn't know Japan celebrated Thanksgiving to begin with. I thought that was just a Canadian and American thing.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
D

Deleted member

I think this list is bull****
Why Gresit instead of the most iconic castle in video games ? Gresit is from the animated series, what's next to gresit in smash ? Goku ? Shrek ? both ?
And sakurai said there will be 34 tracks not 35 so fake

D

Deleted member

THE FOREIGNER WON THE ARMS TOURNAMENT.
ONCE AGAIN, AMERICA PREVAILS.

LOG 'EM, TWINED. LOG 'EM.

Screenshot (935).png

Now, where's some of that Smash Ultimate gameplay? I wanna see some more new tracks...

D

Deleted member

Wait so when you fight characters to recruit them in WoL are only some on Final Destination? The Falcon one was on an omega F-Zero stage but Mario and Marth are on FD iirc

Bee Card

Smash Ace
The fact that all the characters get spirit-killed like Elma, Bandana Dee, Rayman gives me new little hopes for my boi Geno in addition to the first SE character (I think that firstly, we will get Erdrick).

I think the possible dlc will be Erdrick then Steve then Heihachi or Lloyd then the gen 8 pokémon then Geno (but I think it's more likely that it will be a nintendo or capcom or namco rep).

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The fact that all the characters get spirit-killed like Elma, Bandana Dee, Rayman gives me new little hopes for my boi Geno in addition to the first SE character (I think that first we will get Erdrick).

I think the possible dlc will be Erdrick then Steve then Heihachi or Lloyd then the gen 8 pokémon then Geno (but I think it's more likely that it will be a nintendo or capcom or namco rep).
if geno is an icon, he's also gonna be a spirit. sorry dude

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The fact that all the characters get spirit-killed like Elma, Bandana Dee, Rayman gives me new little hopes for my boi Geno in addition to the first SE character (I think that firstly, we will get Erdrick).
IMO that's only a theory. Popularity or a fun moveset should take priority over a character already having a presence somewhere in the game.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Alright you get permission to make fun of me if Shantae gets a dedicated spot

Luckily she's not going to so don't worry about it

wiping tears d-don't be so sure
You aren't Sakurai, you haven't played the game, we haven't even seen the whole map yet. Keep your lips closed and instead of saying she isn't getting a dedicated spot like a condensending jerk, you wait until we actually get some ****ing evidence for the claims.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You aren't Sakurai, you haven't played the game, we haven't even seen the whole map yet. Keep your lips closed and instead of saying she isn't getting a dedicated spot like a condensending jerk, you wait until we actually get some ****ing evidence for the claims.
can't wait to play world of light in ****ing gresit which isn't even in the Castlevania games outside of instruction manual backstory

there are a lot of sus things about that tweet my dude you gotta calm down

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tf Jacob calm down seriously man go drink some water god damn

Take a step back, realize you're only entertaining this concept because of a literal typed up list in Notepad I could go make myself that has 0 actual evidence, then consider why you're suddenly telling me to shut up and that I'm a jerk

Noipoi

Howdy!
We cannot confidently say they don't, and we can't say confidently they do either. It's wait and see, even after the first dlc pack is done.
I agree that we can't say with certainty, but Spirits are replacing trophies. :ultmewtwo: and :ultlucas: were trophies who were later made into dlc in Smash 4, so I don't think Spirits deconfirm characters.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Tf Jacob calm down seriously man go drink some water god damn

Take a step back, realize you're only entertaining this concept because of a literal typed up list in Notepad I could go make myself that has 0 actual evidence, then consider why you're suddenly telling me to shut up and that I'm a jerk
You know what? No, I'm not gonna listen to you. You sound so smug and egotistical saying, with absolute confidence even though, again, you aren't Sakurai, you haven't played the damn game and we haven't seen the full map, that Shantae isn't getting a spot on the map. She could have one, she couldn't, we don't know yet, so actually stop sounding so condensending.

I agree that we can't say with certainty, but Spirits are replacing trophies. :ultmewtwo: and :ultlucas: were trophies who were later made into dlc in Smash 4, so I don't think Spirits deconfirm characters.
Trophies: Things that aren't significant to the game (outside of brawl, but that was only in the story mode).
Spirits: Actually effect gameplay in a way and are a part of story.
You. Cannot. Compare. Them. If anything, you should compare them to Brawl's stickers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom