• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
if geno is an icon, he's also gonna be a spirit. sorry dude
I will not be surprised if icons aren't spirit. Cause perhaps Nintendo wants the icons clear to see : spirits are artwork so that means every spirits doesn't fit well in a little circle icon and aren't clear in it. And if all the spirits are in the game it would be so much work to centre all the spirit into the circle (cause there will probably be more than a thousand of spirits).

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm really glad someone brought this up because that was the nail in the coffin for this being fake to me. Like wow, somebody's seen the anime...
It's such an obvious "I only know about the show" tell. I could see the town from Ecclesia or Simon's Quest perhaps, but when Castlevania (the location) exists they aren't going to go for Gresit.

Not that there's anything wrong if all you know about Castlevania is the show. The show is an awesome way to get into the series. But, like, c'mon.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Tails laboratory is a weird location to choose since its from the one of the more "everyone forgot about this game despite being pretty good" sonic games

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know what? No, I'm not gonna listen to you. You sound so smug and egotistical saying, with absolute confidence even though, again, you aren't Sakurai, you haven't played the damn game and we haven't seen the full map, that Shantae isn't getting a spot on the map. She could have one, she couldn't, we don't know yet, so actually stop sounding so condensending.
You really need to chill, dude. You're getting upset for no reason, take a break from this site or something.

D

Deleted member

Y'know what's kinda sad?
Figuring out what all the 36 songs Street Fighter has alone is much better news than what the entirety of the November Direct had lmao

Goes to show how much power Guile's Theme really does have over everything.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know what? No, I'm not gonna listen to you. You sound so smug and egotistical saying, with absolute confidence even though, again, you aren't Sakurai, you haven't played the damn game and we haven't seen the full map, that Shantae isn't getting a spot on the map. She could have one, she couldn't, we don't know yet, so actually stop sounding so condensending.
Damn if you want me to **** off you can just say so. Sorry for pissing you off somehow. Been trying my god damn best to be decent all throughout this godforsaken holiday.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It baffles me why Shantae and Rayman would get an entire area in WoL despite being repped only in spirits. It would've made more sense if it listed areas from Bomberman and Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Nobody is demonizing you. But when you make long gloating posts about how people who didn’t believe the box theory are “pathetic”, it’s not like you’re proving me wrong about what I said. Stop acting superior and maybe the community can start to move on.
No, read it again. I find it pathetic that people consider a post like the one that provoked the ire on box theorists to be considered nasty. Acting like a victim for a post like that? Yeah, it is pathetic. People want to complain about a post being nasty? I can show you a post that is actually nasty (grinch leakers gave me enough material). The post that people complain about is pretty tame by comparison to lots of grinch leakers posts.

I am not acting superior. I dont like attacks on others especially for really weak reasons. If you think one post from a nobody is nasty experience that should devolve into attacking a whole group of people, then by your own logic insiders, box theorists and incineroar fans should demonize grinch leakers everyday for a month. Because they were getting daily posts ten times worse than the ones that are provoking ire against the box theorists. The post isnt calling names, it isnt insulting others, it isnt putting labels one anyone. One post gloating about winning isnt enough to demonize a whole group of people. So yeah, it is pretty pathetic to overreact over something so small.

Edit: As a side note, if you want to bring people to see your side of the suffering, do it with actual nasty posts. I can assure you that people will react different (including me). Do it without scapegoating others. And dont make a mountain out of a molehill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright you get permission to make fun of me if Shantae gets a dedicated spot

Luckily she's not going to so don't worry about it

wiping tears d-don't be so sure
Nintendo likes to support indies a lot and they’re a big part of gaming today

Nintendo could promote an indie as a fighter and shantae the original indie darling is the perfect choice

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm spending Thanksgiving watching my favorite anime, so sorry if I'm not active as of the moment...

Anyways, I still kinda want my most wanted characters as Spirits even if it disconfirms them :yoshi:
I didn't know there was a Yoshi anime :4pacman:

Stop ****ing telling me to calm down every damn day. It's not gonna work
I think you should take one of these
image (1).jpg
Doctor's orders :4drmario:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nintendo likes to support indies a lot and they’re a big part of gaming today

Nintendo could promote an indie as a fighter and shantae the original indie darling is the perfect choice
What? This isn't about her as a /fighter/. This is about her getting a dedicated spot in World of Light in base game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seriously though, I'm gonna stay away from the inevitable YT comments when individual matches get uploaded. That Greninja was pretty good, I have to admit.

Sorry, but Red is better. I can't take that back.

We also have those here, but those ones look pretty small...
Civil War
LIFE IS SUFFERING
A sad occasion
Y'know what's kinda sad?
Figuring out what all the 36 songs Street Fighter has alone is much better news than what the entirety of the November Direct had lmao

Goes to show how much power Guile's Theme really does have over everything.
I assume 12 SF characters gets 3 songs each?
It baffles me why Shantae and Rayman would get an entire area in WoL despite being repped only in spirits. It would've made more sense if it listed areas from Bomberman and Shovel Knight.
Shantae and Rayman needed more than just simple spirits to make up for Shovel Knight being an AT (gives them all good ****)

D

Deleted member

You guys are right, already having a presence in the game probably deconfirms a character for DLC. I mean, why even put the Spirit in the first place when you could just save it for that characters DLC? It makes no sense! Still irks me that Mewtwo and Lucas never got in as DLC in Smash 4 though... ;)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Someone mentioned on another thread that we should probably keep an eye on these characters. All of who had been Mii Costumes in the previous game.

Chrom - Playable
Isabelle - Playable
King K. Rool - Playable
Ridley - Playable
Akira - Assist Trophy
Ashley - Assist Trophy
Black Knight - Assist Trophy
Knuckles - Assist Trophy
Takamaru - Assist Trophy
Zero - Assist Trophy

So that then leaves.

Heihachi
Geno
Lloyd
Monster Hunter
Tails
Toad
Viridi

It's a conspiracy I tell you guys! A conspiracy!!!! New theory.

Mii Costume Theory.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm spending Thanksgiving watching my favorite anime, so sorry if I'm not active as of the moment...

Anyways, I still kinda want my most wanted characters as Spirits even if it disconfirms them :yoshi:
You get it.

Sometimes any acknowledgement is better than none at all. I still want Elma as a fighter, but her Spirit battle sounds like a ton of fun and considering there was a very real fear X would get no content at all it's a big step up to have an Ace-level spirit. I can't wait to unlock Ashley Robbins and Kyle Hyde, and if there's a Marina Liteyears Spirit I honestly think I'd cry.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just saying, the spirits were decided before the dlc was decided. I don't think Sakurai would decide against putting a character in as a fighter because they already have a .png in the game.

LetterO

Smash Lord
You all should take Spirits as deconfirmations in case they actually are. We wouldn't want a repeat of the Box, now would we? I also still don't think Geno is a spirit.

D

Deleted member

I assume 12 SF characters gets 3 songs each?
Yup. All of the original 12 characters from Street Fighter II will have 3 versions of their stage themes. So pretty much...
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Chun-Li
  • Vega
  • Sagat
  • M. Bison
  • Blanka
  • Guile
  • Dhalsim
  • Balrog
  • E. Honda
  • Zangief
Will have their CPS1 and CPS2 versions of their theme with a Smash Ultimate-exclusive remix. Ryu and Ken, however, have their CPS1/CPS2 + Smash remix songs back from Smash For.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
You guys are right, already having a presence in the game probably deconfirms a character for DLC. I mean, why even put the Spirit in the first place when you could just save it for that characters DLC? It makes no sense! Still irks me that Mewtwo and Lucas never got in as DLC in Smash 4 though... ;)
Spirits and trophies aren't ****ing comparable.
*Ahem*
If I may repeat myself...again...
Spirits. Effect. Gameplay. They actually do something to the game, and have value.
Trophies. Are. Collectables. They do not effect gameplay, and the only real time they had value was in brawl, as it was a part of the story, but for your example, trophies have little effect on Smash 4.
At this point, anyone that compares trophies and spirits is not worth the effort. So this is the last time I'll say this. Understand?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Someone mentioned on another thread that we should probably keep an eye on these characters. All of who had been Mii Costumes in the previous game.

Chrom - Playable
Isabelle - Playable
King K. Rool - Playable
Ridley - Playable
Akira - Assist Trophy
Ashley - Assist Trophy
Knuckles - Assist Trophy
Takamaru - Assist Trophy
Zero - Assist Trophy

So that then leaves.

Heihachi
Geno
Lloyd
Monster Hunter
Tails
Toad
Viridi

Mii Costume Theory.
Heihachi: Big maybe. I don't think so just because they couldn't get him to work in 4 though.
Geno: I don't ****ing know anymore
Lloyd: Also a big maybe. Him and Heihachi are the 2 realistic choices for a Bamco rep.
MonHun: No. Already got their rep in base game.
Tails: Probably not happening.
Toad: Part of Peach's moveset. Sakurai must've felt this was enoguh.
Viridi: Not happening.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Chrom - Playable
Isabelle - Playable
King K. Rool - Playable
Ridley - Playable
Akira - Assist Trophy
Ashley - Assist Trophy
Knuckles - Assist Trophy
Takamaru - Assist Trophy
Zero - Assist Trophy

So that then leaves.

Heihachi
Geno
Lloyd
Monster Hunter
Tails
Toad
Viridi

Mii Costume Theory.
Viridi and Toad are not going to be playable. I can see the others, though.

EDIT: Probably not MH, actually. If Sakurai wanted them playable, he could've added her when he confirmed Rathalos.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait, are there any former ATs that aren't represented in literally any way, in this game? Like, characters such as Jill?

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I'm just saying, the spirits were decided before the dlc was decided. I don't think Sakurai would decide against putting a character in as a fighter because they already have a .png in the game.
But isn't wrote in a video that "spirits cannot go back to life" something like that ? Idk if it was fake or not and I don't found it anymore.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Spirits and trophies aren't ****ing comparable.
*Ahem*
If I may repeat myself...again...
Spirits. Effect. Gameplay. They actually do something to the game, and have value.
Trophies. Are. Collectables. They do not effect gameplay, and the only real time they had value was in brawl, as it was a part of the story, but for your example, trophies have little effect on Smash 4.
At this point, anyone that compares trophies and spirits is not worth the effort. So this is the last time I'll say this. Understand?
Whoa whoa whoa you can talk to me like this but don't you be coming at faygoshill like this
Also seeing as there's hundreds of more Spirits than trophies, showing how they require miniscule effort, thus implying they're really not as planned out or meaningful as you want, I fail to see a point here.

D

Deleted member

I don't get why people think Spirits are deconfirmation, like, at all unless they want to be needlessly pessimistic

Literally Mewtwo and Lucas being trophies in Smash 4 and then DLC fighters disprove basically every argument there is against Spirits being disinformation

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't get why people think Spirits are deconfirmation, like, at all unless they want to be needlessly pessimistic

Literally Mewtwo and Lucas being trophies in Smash 4 and then DLC fighters disprove basically every argument there is against Spirits being disinformation
Well actually you see Luigi in a tennis outfit is in fact a different entity and Spirit from Luigi so you're dumb

(I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad point for #teamspiritsdeconfirm but...it sure is a funny one)

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Whoa whoa whoa you can talk to me like this but don't you be coming at faygoshill like this
Also seeing as there's hundreds of more Spirits than trophies, showing how they require miniscule effort, thus implying they're really not as planned out or meaningful as you want, I fail to see a point here.
You reeeeaaaalllyyy want me to talk to you like that? I can if you want.
Well actually you see Luigi in a tennis outfit is in fact a different entity and Spirit from Luigi so you're dumb

(I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad point for #teamspiritsdeconfirm but...it sure is a funny one)
Don't you dare

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yup. All of the original 12 characters from Street Fighter II will have 3 versions of their stage themes. So pretty much...
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Chun-Li
  • Vega
  • Sagat
  • M. Bison
  • Blanka
  • Guile
  • Dhalsim
  • Balrog
  • E. Honda
  • Zangief
Will have their CPS1 and CPS2 versions of their theme with a Smash Ultimate-exclusive remix. Ryu and Ken, however, have their CPS1/CPS2 + Smash remix songs back from Smash For.
This is kind of sad, sense I wanted some songs from the other games (Q's Theme, Volcanic Rim, Rashid's Theme, etc) but it's not like Street Fighter II's soundtrack is bad, and I get 3 versions of Guile's Theme. Regardless, sense they're all getting new arrangements, this is way better than some other third party series (Sonic, Final Fantasy) have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
S

Heihachi
Geno
Lloyd
Monster Hunter
Tails
Toad
Viridi

Mii Costume Theory.
Heihachi: If I recall he was considered before, I could see it.
Geno: I wish with all my heart.
Lloyd: I could easily see it.
Monster Hunter: Maybe.
Tails: Perhaps.
Toad: Sorry, not today.
Viridi: lol nope.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Heihachi: Big maybe. I don't think so just because they couldn't get him to work in 4 though.
Geno: I don't ****ing know anymore
Lloyd: Also a big maybe. Him and Heihachi are the 2 realistic choices for a Bamco rep.
MonHun: No. Already got their rep in base game.
Tails: Probably not happening.
Toad: Part of Peach's moveset. Sakurai must've felt this was enoguh.
Viridi: Not happening.
If anything, I'd think this would make it a more obvious choice-- definitely out of everything Capcom has to offer, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom