• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If anything, I'd think this would make it a more obvious choice-- definitely out of everything Capcom has to offer, anyways.
Especially with Monster Hunter content already featured in the game.

Watch that one of the five DLC stages is that one where you fight Rathatos in the game. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Spirits and trophies aren't ****ing comparable.
*Ahem*
If I may repeat myself...again...
Spirits. Effect. Gameplay. They actually do something to the game, and have value.
Trophies. Are. Collectables. They do not effect gameplay, and the only real time they had value was in brawl, as it was a part of the story, but for your example, trophies have little effect on Smash 4.
At this point, anyone that compares trophies and spirits is not worth the effort. So this is the last time I'll say this. Understand?
Uh bro I hope you understand just how low effort Spirits are

Even if they ARE as substantial as you say they are what's stopping them from simply making another Spirit for the fighter a la Smash 4 Mewtwo/Lucas (iirc might be remembering incorrectly)

I.E. Elma is a DLC fighter so they make a new spirit called Elma (fighter) and the og Elma spirit is still a thing.

D

Deleted member

Heihachi: Big maybe. I don't think so just because they couldn't get him to work in 4 though.
Geno: I don't ****ing know anymore
Lloyd: Also a big maybe. Him and Heihachi are the 2 realistic choices for a Bamco rep.
MonHun: No. Already got their rep in base game.
Tails: Probably not happening.
Toad: Part of Peach's moveset. Sakurai must've felt this was enoguh.
Viridi: Not happening.
Out of this entire list, Heihachi and Geno are the most likely. I feel that Heihachi might be included for a sentimental reason, like how Iwata was a huge reason for Ultimate's development and push for a December release. After all, the Japanese VA for Incineroar also voiced Heihachi before he passed away. Feels like something Sakurai would do.

And Geno y'all already know. If Incineroar was the Roman of this Smash Era, Geno is gonna be our CM Punk and BTFO every single person who ever made a rule for Smash.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I don't get why people think Spirits are deconfirmation, like, at all unless they want to be needlessly pessimistic

Literally Mewtwo and Lucas being trophies in Smash 4 and then DLC fighters disprove basically every argument there is against Spirits being disinformation
Because it's apparently the same feeling as seeing a character get an AT role, and I personally don't see that as bad. But Spirits realistically aren't that hard to implement at all, and I don't think Sakurai would count characters out through that.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Yup. All of the original 12 characters from Street Fighter II will have 3 versions of their stage themes. So pretty much...
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Chun-Li
  • Vega
  • Sagat
  • M. Bison
  • Blanka
  • Guile
  • Dhalsim
  • Balrog
  • E. Honda
  • Zangief
Will have their CPS1 and CPS2 versions of their theme with a Smash Ultimate-exclusive remix. Ryu and Ken, however, have their CPS1/CPS2 + Smash remix songs back from Smash For.
So Castlevania aren't the third party that get the most tracks ? Instant pre-order cancelling.

D

Deleted member

So Castlevania aren't the third party that get the most tracks ? Instant pre-order cancelling.
Depends on how you look at it. Street Fighter has more tracks in terms of quantity, but it's really just 3 different arrangements of 12 tracks.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Bro I understand you may have some stuff going on at home but that really doesn't excuse you suddenly becoming a tough guy and implying you're just gonna completely ****ing own us if we Talk Back (TM) please chill on god
We are not, I repeat, not bringing back the teams thing. I already have some trama from the grinch thing and some other stuff, and you are absolutely not bringing more pain to me or anyone else with the teams.

Please

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Someone mentioned on another thread that we should probably keep an eye on these characters. All of who had been Mii Costumes in the previous game.

Chrom - Playable
Isabelle - Playable
King K. Rool - Playable
Ridley - Playable
Akira - Assist Trophy
Ashley - Assist Trophy
Black Knight - Assist Trophy
Knuckles - Assist Trophy
Takamaru - Assist Trophy
Zero - Assist Trophy

So that then leaves.

Heihachi
Geno
Lloyd
Monster Hunter
Tails
Toad
Viridi

It's a conspiracy I tell you guys! A conspiracy!!!! New theory.

Mii Costume Theory.
I really feel like Heihachi or Lloyd are coming, and I'd be satisfied with either. Team Lloyd all the way though. It's just with Akira becoming an assist, this was the perfect time to upgrade Heihachi to an Assist as well, yet he's nowhere to be seen. I'm sure his costume is still in, but it sure is off. As for Lloyd it's a huge deal that he was a Mii and honestly he'd just be a great fighter.

I don't see Toad making it, but I do think Captain Toad is a big possibility. I'd be pretty happy about that.

I'm with other posters who say that if Monster Hunter was in she'd have been confirmed with Rathalos. Rathalos is the MonHun rep.

Viridi is a no. Tails is also unlikely in my eyes. Geno is a big ol' question mark.

D

Deleted member

This is kind of sad, sense I wanted some songs from the other games (Q's Theme, Volcanic Rim, Rashid's Theme, etc) but it's not like Street Fighter II's soundtrack is bad, and I get 3 versions of Guile's Theme. Regardless, sense they're all getting new arrangements, this is way better than some other third party series (Sonic, Final Fantasy) have it.
Trust me, Volcanic Rim and RAAAAASHIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO would be ****ing fantastic, but I think mainly due to the fact of the licensing and copyrights that the more modern Street Fighters like IV and especially V have (lol thanks Sony yet again), SFII seemed like it'd be the only feasible solution. But hey, Sakurai made sure to not let this in vein. We essentially got 10 new Street Fighter remixes.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Out of this entire list, Heihachi and Geno are the most likely. I feel that Heihachi might be included for a sentimental reason, like how Iwata was a huge reason for Ultimate's development and push for a December release. After all, the Japanese VA for Incineroar also voiced Heihachi before he passed away. Feels like something Sakurai would do.

And Geno y'all already know. If Incineroar was the Roman of this Smash Era, Geno is gonna be our CM Punk and BTFO every single person who ever made a rule for Smash.
Ahh how I have missed the optimistic Tots

I agree with you tbh. Lloyd, Heihachi, and Geno are the only real Mii Costume contenders.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
We are not, I repeat, not bringing back the teams thing. I already have some trama from the grinch thing and some other stuff, and you are absolutely not bringing more pain to me or anyone else with the teams.

Please
I don't think "teams" or anything of the sort were even mentioned at all?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Please
Fam...I don't want to downplay anything but...it was a leak. It's just a learning experience.
Team has existed since "#TeamEdward vs #TeamJacob" , I'm not snarkily referencing the Grinch or anything it's just an expression.

Dude, you are getting way too distressed, it's not amusing or anything I'm getting genuinely worried. Take a break.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
can we talk about katalina's boobs again

please stop fighting this is just like how my parents used to be
Just this once, I'm gonna wild out, and I'm gonna say, if y'all don't put Katalina's #thick self in as DLC...consider my pre-order CANCELLED.

(i have not pre-ordered this game this posts a joke pls dont come for me)

Please don't. I can't last through that.
I'm sorry, little one

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Fam...I don't want to downplay anything but...it was a leak. It's just a learning experience.
Team has existed since "#TeamEdward vs #TeamJacob" , I'm not snarkily referencing the Grinch or anything it's just an expression.

Dude, you are getting way too distressed, it's not amusing or anything I'm getting genuinely worried. Take a break.
Luigi, I cannot handle the team thing for smash. I cannot. Smash has driven me crazy and I'm addicted to it now.

It's an addiction, Luigi

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last page, aka the thing she quoted. One of the things she said in between "( )" s is #teamspritsdeconfirm or something. Just the team concept gives me so much PTSD
1. She's a girl
2. If you really got PTSD from The Grinch leak you seriously need to leave this place and get your life together. I say this with no ill intent, but if a leak gave you PTSD there may be something wrong here.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
We are all gonna look mega silly when the first DLC characters are Musashi from Sushi Strikers and Cranky Kong.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
1. She's a girl
2. If you really got PTSD from The Grinch leak you seriously need to leave this place and get your life together. I say this with no ill intent, but if a leak gave you PTSD there may be something wrong here.
The PTSD thing was a failed edgy joke, sorry.
If you're getting addicted to this it's time to bust out a temporary website blocker and block this site for a while. Literally quit cold turkey.
No, I need this. I got nothing better to do >_<

D

Deleted member

Please don't. I can't last through that.
Katalina's boobs are a wonderous example of fluidity in character design while still remaining appealing to the eye, yet not overly sexualized and turn-offy. In this essay I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom