• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ahh how I have missed the optimistic Tots

I agree with you tbh. Lloyd, Heihachi, and Geno are the only real Mii Costume contenders.
Lloyd would easily make it in Nintendo also listens to us so he’s the perfect bamco rep along pac man

Heihachi can’t because of 2 things

1.he wouldn’t work in smash4 that’s why we have ryu

2.playstation allstars battle royale

And 3. We don’t need another ryu. 2 is enough

Noipoi

Howdy!
We are all gonna look mega silly when the first DLC characters are Musashi from Sushi Strikers and Cranky Kong.
Cranky is the DK rep we need.

The PTSD thing was a failed edgy joke, sorry.

No, I need this. I got nothing better to do >_<
You can easily get something better to do. Take a class, read a book, even go for a walk, you don't have to be here.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Lloyd would easily make it in Nintendo also listens to us so he’s the perfect bamco rep along pac man

Regarding points 1 and 3-you have not played Tekken. The main reason he can't work in Smash is because Sakurai wasn't able to conceive a way to implement his 2.5D roots. That's the only actual point you have here.

He plays /nothing/ like Ryu.

Regarding point number 2:
Hazards switch

D

Deleted member

We are all gonna look mega silly when the first DLC characters are Musashi from Sushi Strikers and Cranky Kong.
IMPLYING THAT WOULD BE A BAD CHOICE YET WE WOULD GET MORE GOOD DK MUSIC?

Like, I'm sorry to anyone who loves DKC: Returns and Tropical Freeze, but my god, the music they chose were not memorable for Smash. The MOMENT King K. Rool joined? Banger after ****ing banger.

Snakey Chantey, Crocodile Cacophony, Ice Cave Chant, The Map Page / Bonus Level...

YOU KNOW WHEN HOT HEAD BOP COMES, THAT **** REALLY GONNA BE A BOP.

D

Deleted member

Regarding points 1 and 3-you have not played Tekken. The main reason he can't work in Smash is because Sakurai wasn't able to conceive a way to implement his 2.5D roots. That's the only actual point you have here.

He plays /nothing/ like Ryu.

Regarding point number 2:
Hazards switch
What are you talking about point 2?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just ready for the game to release. Dlc speculation is interesting and all, but we won't really for a while. I just wanna play the game!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
IMPLYING THAT WOULD BE A BAD CHOICE YET WE WOULD GET MORE GOOD DK MUSIC?

Like, I'm sorry to anyone who loves DKC: Returns and Tropical Freeze, but my god, the music they chose were not memorable for Smash. The MOMENT King K. Rool joined? Banger after ****ing banger.

Snakey Chantey, Crocodile Cacophony, Ice Cave Chant, The Map Page / Bonus Level...

YOU KNOW WHEN HOT HEAD BOP COMES, THAT **** REALLY GONNA BE A BOP.
As someone who made an online radio station that specifically only plays the Donkey Kong Country series and Mario Sunshine's OSTs because I wanted an easy way to listen to them 24/7, I wholeheartedly support anything that gets more Tropical Freeze in Smash.

Also, Cranky is the closest I'll get to Scrooge McDuck in Smash, so I unironically support him wholeheartedly.

I mean seriously, look at him :yoshi:
oh god I'm losing my **** zinith you are a blessing

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Katalina's boobs are a wonderous example of fluidity in character design while still remaining appealing to the eye, yet not overly sexualized and turn-offy. In this essay I will
...eh, I still feel more attracted to Link's Hylian Shield, and I'm not really. You're gonna have to try harder.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
We need some more misc music, from random franchises.

And for people worrying, cheer up, I'm fIIIIIiIiiIINEEEE

LetterO

Smash Lord
Remember they got raden instead of snake
I'm pretty sure it was promotion for Metal Gear Rising.

This is just another fan-rule that doesn't exist. Just because something was in PSASBR doesn't mean it cannot be in Smash. Raiden's a spirit. That already breaks your point.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

1. He could work. We've had 2D interpretations of Tekken characters before in Street Fighter x Tekken and like you mentioned, PSASBR.
2. PSASBR has nothing to do if a character can be included or not. PSASBR has never even been mentioned to be a restriction.
3. He's not another Ryu. He's Heihachi. And with his large amount of depth, Sakurai could very easily make him unique.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I wouldn't mind this. It would actually be very cool to see how they'd utilize a possible taxi mechanic. Maybe something similar to Wario's side-B?
Haha yea, I have no idea how it would actually work, but I'd love to see what they'd come up with. Crazy Taxi was my jam growing up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom