• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm no Pokemon fan but I'll tell you exactly who I would have picked:

Always loved this dude's design and the things it could do, whenever I play Pokken at a friend's house Garchomp's always my top pick.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
As a Grincher and Box denier, I really don’t understand why Incinaroar got so much hate prior to the Direct.
He was pretty unpopular in Sun and Moon prior to his reveal too because everyone wanted a quadrapedal tiger Pokemon and we ended up getting a bipedal fire-type again. Unlike Greninja and Lucario, he wasn't even that popular in his own generation, with pokemon like Rowlet, Mimikkyu, and Lycanroc beating him in popularity polls consistently, so people got upset that he was chosen out of all of them.
I think another underlying reason is that while we always preach here that "slots" don't exist, Sakurai basically said that he reserves a slot every game for a Pokemon newcomer without knowing who it'd be, and with so few newcomers this time around, people thought it was a waste of a slot.
That being said, I think he looks fantastic and can't wait to play as him and I was one of the people who put an eviolite on Torracat and called it a day.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's confirmed that Smash Ultimate copies are out in the wild. Be prepared.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
As a Grincher and Box denier, I really don’t understand why Incinaroar got so much hate prior to the Direct.
I was here to discuss for the last bit of the race and as Shroob can back-up, I posted defending Incineroar´s inclusion. Many grinch leakers considered incineroar a threat since his appearance could be treated as confirmation that the grinch leak is fake (it didnt). There were many that treated the grinch leak as the full roster and there was no place for incineroar. Add that incineroar got related with certain stuff like Vergeben (that people absolutely hated and wanted him to be proven wrong) and the box theory (that box theorists correctly guessed was one of the two last characters). He was also a glaring point that insiders brought up. He was just in a really awkward place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random question, but what are some characters everyone wants in Smash that you don't want?
I can think of a few:
Geno
Any Pokemon character
Any Fire Emblem character
Any Rythem Heavan character
Shovel Knight
Shante

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was here to discuss for the last bit of the race and as Shroob can back-up, I posted defending Incineroar´s inclusion. Many grinch leakers considered incineroar a threat since his appearance could be treated as confirmation that the grinch leak is fake (it didnt). There were many that treated the grinch leak as the full roster and there was no place for incineroar. Add that incineroar got related with certain stuff like Vergeben (that people absolutely hated and wanted him to be proven wrong) and the box theory (that box theorists correctly guessed was one of the two last characters).
I was a Grincher, and to be honest, I wanted Incineroar xD.

Noipoi

Howdy!
GOD.
DAMN IT.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Oh boy...time for leakz

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Random question, but what are some characters everyone wants in Smash that you don't want?
Sora, Dante and Heihachi come to mind. Steve too but I know that's not a minority.

I'd pretty much rather not have any more Capcom characters because 4 from one company would just come off as biased to me. At that point they should just make Nintendo vs. Capcom (which I'd be super down for).

D

Deleted member

Who are these people that have early copies and how can I contact them?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I can assure you, not everyone wants Shantae, not by any stretch...
Boy you think everyone wants Geno in? You're mistaken
For clarification, I meant character a lot of people want in.

I can think of a few:
Geno
Any Pokemon character
Any Fire Emblem character
Any Rythem Heavan character
Shovel Knight
Shante
Your opinion in invalid since you spelled heaven wrong /s

Steve.

The answer is still Steve.
Why so? Just curious.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think only one copy actually leaked, and they've kinda disappeared off the internet for now.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I rather not say. I said it before, and I got reasonably yelled at and attacked by the supporters of that character... Imo, you really shouldn't say your least wanted character regardless if it's popular or not, cause you're gonna make people upset either way...

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
GOD.
DAMN IT.
Noipoi has left the party
Uh...I'm gonna trigger somebody out there, but the Chorus Kids for me.
Hey, I won't get triggered :p

Sora, Dante and Heihachi come to mind. Steve too but I know that's not a minority.

I'd pretty much rather not have any more Capcom characters because 4 from one company would just come off as biased to me. At that point they should just make Nintendo vs. Capcom (which I'd be super down for).
Eh, In my opinion being "biased" isn't really a good reason for not wanting a character in. But hey, to each their own. And why do you not want Steve in? I'm curious on hearing your opinion.
I rather not say. I said it before, and I got reasonably yelled at and attacked by the supporters of that character... Imo, you really shouldn't say your least wanted character regardless if it's popular or not, cause you're gonna make people upset either way...
Shame, I'm really curious who you didn't want in xD Well, best to avoid toxicity.

Honestly, there isn't really a character I don't want xD

D

Deleted member

So, to take a spin on Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! 's question from earlier, who are some random characters you want in Smash that everyone else doesn't want.

I have a ton, but to save some time, I'll just say Cole McGrath, Alex Mercer, and Max Payne.
Another tournament's starting in japan, if anyone wants to see some gameplay and/or potential new music.
Damn! I was listing to Max Payne 3's soundtrack and forgot about this! XD

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I said Chocobo should be in and everyone got really pissed lol
I think it'd be cute, but obviously I think Geno or Sora should get in before Chocobo, come on guys.
personally chocobo would be more exciting for me than sora or geno..
the only reason i have no qualms about geno joining teh roster is because it would be make a lot of people happy. but certainly isn't a character that rocks my boat too much. and i would almost prefer anyone else from SE (anyone with a sliver of a chance, not literally anyone mind you XD)

It's Caterpie.... right? is Caterpie... just because you are a Wurmple supporter so you wanna se caterpie fail, so wurmple can steal its slot, right?
(droping a /s just in case)

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, to take a spin on Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! 's question from earlier, who are some random characters you want in Smash that everyone else doesn't want.

I have a ton, but to save some time, I'll just say Cole McGrath, Alex Mercer, and Max Payne.

Damn! I was listing to Max Payne 3's soundtrack and forgot about this! XD
You forgot already? Seriously though, I thought you were about the only one hyped when I showed you it...

Anyway, I need footage from the following characters: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo::ultpit::ulttoonlink::ultsimon::ultmarth::ultyounglink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom