• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I agree with you my buddy and I really hope your prediction of them releasing the information before hand is true, Iv learned to not expect too much though. Even the best of games may dissapoint you, that how I was with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Infinite. I am in the few who preferred MVC2 to MVC3, and hated the fact they took out Gambit and Ken. Then Infinite came around and really shot my expectations, so Iv learned to be more of a realist when it comes to my predictions. I mean like I said Injustice 2 added a lot of characters who were not DC related, a lot of people were furious that both Sub Zero and Raiden got in Injusctice 2. As its not a Mortal Kombat game and thats taking a character slot away from someone great like Lobo, Etrigan, Constantine etc. Then they added Hellboy and TMNT. I mean TMNT no one really saw that coming, everyone was thinking the TMNT silhouette was Constantine or Spawn. A lot of people were really disappointed that Spawn was not added in when Ed Boom had been hinting at it for months. So if Nintendo does do what I said they most likely will do, they will not be the first fighting game to do so. Also they will not be the first to have characters in their fighting pass that people did not want or not put in characters people wanted more. So we will see, but I hope you are right.
Oh! A.G.L. , what a change of pace, thank you.. Ok so let's go ahead..
Oh I know that, not just in gaming but life. It's upon the seller to convince, not to rely on blind faith. It's not even refundable.
Are you kidding? Of course MvC2 is the best out of the 4. I'm biased here cause I love sprites work and really appreciate their animation. Plus, it has Mega Man, Roll, Tron and a Servebot too. You know, when you think about it, Smash doesn't look that impressive compared to fighting games like MvC2. Sure it had 56 fighters. But all are sprites (it takes a ton of work to animate, especially that beautifully, I mean look at Spiral), and no clones stuffing whatsoever. Man, those were the greatest. No sales to satisfy, no dlc and every character had his/her/it unique move set. Oh and I love Gambit (not my favorite X-Men, but up there.. hmm, I can see why you like Gambit. Hehe). 3 doesn't compare but was somewhat good. Infinite, bluuggh. They say they'll improve it and rerelease it, let's see how it goes.
I haven't cought up with Injustice 2. Those games teach ya to wait for the full pack. XD so TMNT was the Piranha Palnt of Injustice XDD Well, yeah, I guess you see where I'm coming from now. But you see, since I've been out of the Injustice loop, I don't see what's wrong with TMNT, sure Lobo would've been great though. I say this because now we can see where Steve fans come from too. It doesn't make it sound good to use as much as it doesn't make it sound bad to them ;)
Yeah, that's why I'm not holding my breath for Nintendo's decisions. Though Hitagi says all their selections will be generally acceptable to all (not exact quoting). Still, unless they show me, I'm not considering. Nintendo, prove you have a good selection.

Edit: Btw, did you catch up on the latest. Rayman and Bandana Waddle Dee spirits were found. Oh and Goku too XD.. No not our Goku, but Goku & Chao from the Kirby series. That Sakurai.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Y'all are just asking for me to return to my previous avatar...

zinith, buddy, pal
you know i care for you
and that i care for yoshi, but
those eyes, man.
proxy-1.png
those eyes
Pft. Everyone knows the NES Turtles game was ****.

SNES is where they shined.

Looking at this makes me want the Battletoads to be DLC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh great, now we've got two guys obsessed with cartoony animals.

It's true then.
Birds definitely evolved from dinosaurs.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Just beat Donkey Kong Country. What a stellar game!

It also showed me how terrible I am at 2D platformers.

Makes me more excited to play as K. Rool in Ultimate.

And now... sleep time.

Last edited:

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Has it been confirmed whether we can remove Mii fighters from the character select screen like we could in Smash 4? If we can, it’ll make the roster a perfect rectangle when all the DLC is downloaded (if there is only one set).

LetterO

Smash Lord
You start World of Light. You unlock everybody. You get to Galeem. You start fighting him, and his theme plays.

its literally this
the original song
not remixed or anything just this song
the ending is galeem killing everybody while this song plays

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
You start World of Light. You unlock everybody. You get to Galeem. You start fighting him, and his theme plays.

its literally this
the original song
Terrifying...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

its literally this
the original song
Are you implying that Galeem is or will be a Yoshi character?

:yoshi:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Are you implying that Galeem is or will be a Yoshi character?

:yoshi:
Plot Twist: Yoshi didn't get featured in advertising too heavily or have any ATs because their franchise has the most dangerous enemy to the entire universe.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Ignoring the fact wikipedia has sources they link and you can get the links of, do you really want to argue with someone convinced goddamn Pokemon isn't the phenomenon it is?
It should be obvious by now that some of the users on this site live in their own little bubble, detached from reality.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So now that we have more concrete information, while the new Guile's Theme remix is pretty great, the CPS2 version is also in Smash Ultimate.
Yep.

The Family Man Version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>****ting on wikipedia

Are you guys one of those teachers who say don't use Wikipedia as a source but you let me get away with using Wikipedia's sources?

It's not a R.I.P. until someone gives me actual reasons for Spirits deconfirming.

also octolings if anyone cared too

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Maybe you should admit that it's not protected or always verified.
Capped sources, hooray..
Are you seriously trying to downplay Pokemon's significance? It is THE most popular franchise in the world, and even if you only count the games, it is still absolutely massive. I understand you don't like that Pokemon gets special treatment in Smash, but it deserves it.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Maybe you should admit that it's not protected or always verified.
Capped sources, hooray..
Dude literally look at the sources
My "protected and verified" point-which is true btw-doesn't even matter if you just look at the sources they use on that page

Also I hope you're not trying to be serious in telling me Sonic's more popular than Pokemon?

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
So now that we have more concrete information, while the new Guile's Theme remix is pretty great, the CPS2 version is also in Smash Ultimate.
Yep.

The Family Man Version.

Welp, now i know what theme is always going to be played in the Ryu stage.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

its literally this
the original song

BEST GAME 11/10

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Pft. Everyone knows the NES Turtles game was ****.

SNES is where they shined.

first one sucks on the nes.

but manhattan project is great on the nes, i highly recommend that one if you like turtles in time (which is obviously amazing)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THE CLASSIC
THE BEST VERSION ITSELF
The best part about all this is now we know why Street Fighter has 36 songs in Smash Ultimate.

Because there are three versions of all of the 12 stages for the characters that appeared in Street Fighter II, which includes a rip from SF II, Super Street Fighter II and an entirely new Smash Ultimate-exclusive remix.

So aside from Ryu, Ken, Guile and Vega, we should be getting remixes from E. Honda, Chun-Li, Blanka, Zangief, Balrog, Dhalsim, Sagat and M. Bison. Rounding out 12 remixes.

What the ****, Sakurai.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The best part about all this is now we know why Street Fighter has 36 songs in Smash Ultimate.

Because there are three versions of all of the 12 stages for the characters that appeared in Street Fighter II, which includes a rip from SF II, Super Street Fighter II and an entirely new Smash Ultimate-exclusive remix.

So aside from Ryu, Ken, Guile and Vega, we should be getting remixes from E. Honda, Chun-Li, Blanka, Zangief, Balrog, Dhalsim, Sagat and M. Bison. Rounding out 12 remixes.

What the ****, Sakurai.
...oh that's ****ing god tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom