• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Paging Cyn Cyn , @NonSpecificGuy, @Legendary Spirit Tamer, and @Venus of the Desert Bloom (the mods I know of) to create rules to prevent or lessen the impact of game spoilers in this thread before the game's release.

For once I don't want a leak.
All I can really do is to plead with you guys to please put potential spoilers in spoiler tags. The title warns anyone who enters this thread that there is the potential to learn something you’d rather not. I tried making a leak thread, but people took advantage of it in a negative way so unfortunately, that is not an option now.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Last time everyone complained because 2/7 of the DLC was leaked. I don't think we can survive from a full one.
Man, Street Fighter has it rough.

Both of its character inclusions were leaked before their official reveals.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
*after blocking ProfasiaGaming*

- Greetings, my name is AisaforpGaming, and I have some Smash Ultimate spoilers.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
First one:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/537124693030945770/

Second one:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/304485624787697752/

Third one:
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/801576-super-smash-brothers

None of them from the you-know-what site if that's what you were worried about...
This just links to another person who stole the art

Saddening that this is the norm these days
What I was worried about was artists not getting credit. Sadly that was a well founded fear. True epidemic these days.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This just links to another person who stole the art

Saddening that this is the norm these days
What I was worried about was artists not getting credit. Sadly that was a well founded fear. True epidemic these days.
To be fair, the knowyourmeme link has the source in the notes section.

Pinterest though, pinterest sucks.

While people are freaking out over leaks my BOTW CE Master Sword snapped in half. I can't help but feel this is a bad omen.
With a username like mine, good thing i'm not supertitious... hahaha-

*heavy breathing* mister RyuhoFox i don't feel so good.. i don't know what's happening.. i don't wanna go... .

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308

Hey there wonderful friends! I'm pretty curious. Which controller will you all be using this time around? I'll be going with the Switch Pro Controller of course! Since it's pretty similar to the Wii U Pro Controller I used for Smash 4, I should have no trouble making the shift. So I'm pretty set here! I always did prefer the digital triggers these controllers have over the gamecube controllers analog triggers~

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Hey there wonderful friends! I'm pretty curious. Which controller will you all be using this time around? I'll be going with the Switch Pro Controller of course! Since it's pretty similar to the Wii U Pro Controller I used for Smash 4, I should have no trouble making the shift. So I'm pretty set here! I always did prefer the digital triggers these controllers have over the gamecube controllers analog triggers~
GCC.
Always.
Forever.
*Tried to share some art I liked*

*Got lectured about it*

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I'll be using both controllers

Unless the Gamecube one has some issues...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
With a username like mine, good thing i'm not supertitious... hahaha-

*heavy breathing* mister RyuhoFox i don't feel so good.. i don't know what's happening.. i don't wanna go... .
Oh no o.o, I tried gluing it back together and the flowers on the base ended up falling off too >_<

Im just going to use the joycons most likely or a splatoon 2 wired controller I got

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Let's play a game: Pick your main, as soon as someone has claimed them you can no longer choose them
I choose Conker​

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Nothing to ease here, they're the ones who need to worry about how to claim my money. The thing is with all other fighting games is that they circle around a single universe, the game universe itself. Smash however is not. For example, if we talk Dragon Ball, we do inherently accept all fighters from that universe. Because any would surely fit and be awesome. But say a new DLC came up with a chance of Sponge Bob, Mickey Mouse, Steve.. etc. to be playable. Would any DB fan throw his/her money on that blind DLC? I don't think so. I don't care of saving $5 on that Fighter's Pass, I might save myself more for charcaters that I don't like or wish to play.

That would be nauseating. If that happenes, I hope people make a point with their wallets. Again, I still stand on my weapon view, at least to me personally, it doesn't make a fighter, I'll still look at it as another FE character that I don't need. What a bad call it would be if that happenes. From a celebration of multi-universe fighting game to a mere sales point. It's their ship, they can sink it whenever and however they choose.

No one would buy a DLC with two pieces, that character must be REALLY good or well demanded for that to happen (if ever).
I agree with you my buddy and I really hope your prediction of them releasing the information before hand is true, Iv learned to not expect too much though. Even the best of games may dissapoint you, that how I was with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Infinite. I am in the few who preferred MVC2 to MVC3, and hated the fact they took out Gambit and Ken. Then Infinite came around and really shot my expectations, so Iv learned to be more of a realist when it comes to my predictions. I mean like I said Injustice 2 added a lot of characters who were not DC related, a lot of people were furious that both Sub Zero and Raiden got in Injusctice 2. As its not a Mortal Kombat game and thats taking a character slot away from someone great like Lobo, Etrigan, Constantine etc. Then they added Hellboy and TMNT. I mean TMNT no one really saw that coming, everyone was thinking the TMNT silhouette was Constantine or Spawn. A lot of people were really disappointed that Spawn was not added in when Ed Boom had been hinting at it for months. So if Nintendo does do what I said they most likely will do, they will not be the first fighting game to do so. Also they will not be the first to have characters in their fighting pass that people did not want or not put in characters people wanted more. So we will see, but I hope you are right.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
GCC.
Always.
Forever.
I'll be using both controllers

Unless the Gamecube one has some issues...
Sadly I never felt the Gamecube controller fit my hands just right. So it was always a tad comfortable for me. The Pro controller have a perfect grip shape for me. But I'm glad it seems to fit pretty good for you guys~
Im just going to use the joycons most likely or a splatoon 2 wired controller I got
Hmm...I never thought of using the joycons. Did you mean using them seperately? Or on that grip as a single controller?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Sadly I never felt the Gamecube controller fit my hands just right. So it was always a tad comfortable for me. The Pro controller have a perfect grip shape for me. But I'm glad it seems to fit pretty good for you guys~

Hmm...I never thought of using the joycons. Did you mean using them seperately? Or on that grip as a single controller?
Probably with the system itself in handheld mode. I really like my portability so that tends to be my way to play

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Something that I noticed about the World of Light trailer but I never wrote about:
Every character tries to avoid those light rays or to defend themselves, but everyone fails.
The only one who successfully deflects one of those rays is Link, with his shield.
So, while Kirby is the only one who survived, Link is the only one who managed to successfully defend himself from an hit.
Well, at least he tried...

Anyway, I think that Sonic and the Fox gang should have survived too. It's ok that Cpt Falcon didn't survive, the scene when he is hit whiletrying to jump into the car is funny.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Old Indigo and I have been together since Brawl, and I have no intent on abandoning him just yet. We've seen some hard fought battles together, and I'm looking forward to many more.

Indigo is the name of my Gamecube controller btw.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice

I'm going to buy one of these

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Let's play a game: Pick your main, as soon as someone has claimed them you can no longer choose them
I choose Conker​
__kos_mos_and_kos_mos_re_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_corne__7b56aa6cd8386da6381451188d13...jpg
DAMN IT. :ultgreninja:'d by NineS NineS Excellent taste, my friend! Can't be mad at your choice.

Since he chose KOS-MOS before me, I'll choose Ike.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Paging Cyn Cyn , @NonSpecificGuy, @Legendary Spirit Tamer, and @Venus of the Desert Bloom (the mods I know of) to create rules to prevent or lessen the impact of game spoilers in this thread before the game's release.

For once I don't want a leak.
I would honestly suggest not visiting Smash Bros websites that discuss Smash Bros right before Smash Bros releases if you want to avoid Smash Bros spoilers.
I would also suggest not visiting Star Wars websites that discuss Star Wars right before Star Wars releases if you want to avoid Star Wars spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom