• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I'm starting to feel like I'm in the minority for thinking Gen VIII Pokemon > Eldegaurd.

Was Incineroar THAT underwhelming? Has "too many Pokemon" really become a prominent complaint?
I think you were right about what you said ealier. Some people just dot get the new characters.

Question for you guys, who do you think had the best reveal trailer in Ultimate? I want you to answer as non-biased as possible, don't just pick your favorite character's trailer unless you really think they had the best one.

In my opinion it's a tie between :ultkrool: and :ultincineroar:. :ultkrool: had the comedy and that kick-*** song, while :ultincineroar: had a really cool theme with the boxing ring matches. The bit at the end with Bowser Jr, K Rool and Villager was pretty funny.

:ultsimon: was also good.
I personally would go with :ultpiranha:. :ultridley: for second. :ultkrool:Third.

I would put :ultincineroar: if it wasnt for some YouTube Poop video.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Question for you guys, who do you think had the best reveal trailer in Ultimate? I want you to answer as non-biased as possible, don't just pick your favorite character's trailer unless you really think they had the best one.

In my opinion it's a tie between :ultkrool: and :ultincineroar:. :ultkrool: had the comedy and that kick-*** song, while :ultincineroar: had a really cool theme with the boxing ring matches. The bit at the end with Bowser Jr, K Rool and Villager was pretty funny.

I was with a large group at the time of :ultpiranha:'s reveal--maybe 10-15 people.

I've never heard so much confused screaming and laughing all at once before.

So, yeah--I'd say that one.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Vampire Killer is my favorite reveal because Richter was one of the few legit surprises this time around and I ended up loving the guy.
A Piercing Screech is my favorite one because mother****ing Ridley but ugh he just had to be leaked beforehand.
Clash of Flames has the best directing and editing, no doubt, the fight between Ken and Little Mac is the best piece of animation to come out of these trailers and the transitions between gameplay and CG was done seemlessly. I also really liked the 5-second foreshadowing of Incineroar too.
Incineroar is here to beat the **** out of everyone who called him "leaker-bait"

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Pretty much exactly my predictions except I have King Boo instead of Fire Emblem.
Considering him and E.Gadd are Spirits, I doubt Nintendo will choose either of them for Luigi’s Mansion 3 since they’re already promoting it with :ultluigi:‘s new Polterguist.

I really don't like reading peoples fighter pass predictions and seeing "steve" pop up so frequently. The sad thing is that I can't just dismiss it because it can actually happen.

This is a dark timeline.
Truly, I wanna deny it but unless we see a Minecraft Spirit and Hitagi was wrong....we may very well get Steve.

*shudders* I can already imagine the salty anti Banjo fan-art and people gloating on how we were stupid for expecting an “irrelevant” character instead of someone who impacted gaming.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I really think Simon’s was just so cool. The only way it would have been better is if 2 people on this forum didn’t spoil the fact that Simon was in the game for me.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
Considering him and E.Gadd are Spirits, I doubt Nintendo will choose either of them for Luigi’s Mansion 3 since they’re already promoting it with :ultluigi:‘s new Polterguist.

Truly, I wanna deny it but unless we see a Minecraft Spirit and Hitagi was wrong....we may very well get Steve.

*shudders* I can already imagine the salty anti Banjo fan-art and people gloating on how we were stupid for expecting an “irrelevant” character instead of someone who impacted gaming.
as long as we don't get sans, I'll be able to sleep soundly at night.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

:ultdaisy:

Because it had :ultdaisy: in it.

D

Deleted member

So was the DM actually real or was it fake and that guy can see into the future?
Either way the plot thickens, and we go back to knowing potentially nothing beyond "Square Enix character"

:ultridley:
Seeing "Ridley Hits the Big Time!" felt like the largest payoff in Smash history, and I'm not even a fan of the character. I was watching the Direct with a friend before we went to E3 that day and we both got pretty hype.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Sakurai give me bunny suit Chrom alt.
Bunny Lucina too pls
Or the Exalted costume, or summer, or the OST dress, or the yukata.
Girl has a ton of costumes.

-

Oh, and I found something interesting looking for the summer alt. Cipher card.

I don't want to call :ultlucina: or :ultdarkpit: lazy because they were literally added after development, but they kinda pale in comparison with Ultimate echoes. Eh, still beats being an alt. (Also if it's any consolation, her stance is unique to her now that Marth have a different one)
Yeah, I know, I'm grateful she's in and all that, but her idle animation in Awakening is too good. It's a shame it's missing from smash.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Isabel-

Well, seems I broke your rule already...

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

I personally liked Simon and Richter's reveal the most. Luigi was a great addition to the trailer and seeing Richter appear was a nice surprise since he wasn't leaked.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So one can either take this with "STEVE ISN'T A CONFIRMED NAME" or "SQUENIX REP ISN'T CONFIRMED" in mind and they're both pretty shocking revelations.
Since SE char came from Vergeben and has been part of his line up for a while and Hitagi was the one who said Steve, I would guess that SE char is the one I would still call to be safe,

D

Deleted member

We really don't. He puts himself through so much grief just to please a bunch of ungrateful fans that only want more and more.
I mean... Sakurai is makes BIG numbers off Smash games. He does overwork himself sometimes and puts himself through a lot of stress, but he gets a completely deserved salary for it. Not saying Sakurai ISN'T a workaholic at times, but he's not doing this work to "please a bunch of ungrateful fans that only want more and more" he's doing this work to make those 7-figures. He doesn't need to be treated like a baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That directly breaks the non-biased rule but i'll allow it.
What, didn't everyone like Daisy's reveal? I thought it was objectively the best. :smash:

D

Deleted member

I’m back. Did something big happen?
The leaked characters we know of, which is to say Steve, maybe the SE rep, the Bamco rep, and the Nintendo swordfighter, may not be happening at all and we're back to square 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I don't want to call :ultlucina: or :ultdarkpit: lazy because they were literally added after development, but they kinda pale in comparison with Ultimate echoes. Eh, still beats being an alt. (Also if it's any consolation, her stance is unique to her now that Marth have a different one)
I have to agree, they completely missed an opportunity to spruce them up even just a little bit. Comparing Lucina's 1:1 animations to Dark Samus' fresh, ghostly ones is like comparing an old cookie to one fresh out of the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom