• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Again, you may think that but it's not true. Mario is #1, Sonic is #2 then Pokemon is #3. You can google it.
I mean, could you Google it? Because that's not a thing in any measurement to my knowledge. Like, at all.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Let’s be honest, after Piranha Plant got in not because of being a shock pick but for being familiar and unique.

How exactly suprised would we be if a FIFA character got in because their games are recognizable, highly sold, and because Sakurai wanted to implement the first sports based character?

I’d laugh my *** off and be hilariously pissed at the same time because it would cause the ultimate floodgates to any video game character getting in.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Let’s be honest, after Piranha Plant got in not because of being a shock pick but for being familiar and being unique.

How exactly suprised would we be if a FIFA character got in because their games are recognizable, selling, and because Sakurai wanted to implement the first sports based character?

I’d laugh my *** off and be hilariously pissed at the same time because it would cause the ultimate floodgates to any video game character.
Football Manager Kicks Off!

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Not really. This is as meh as it gets right here. These are all incredibly safe picks, and there's no off the wall hype-worthy additions.

THIS is a good DLC lineup
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Slayer
  • Euden/Nintendo promotional rep
  • Lloyd Irving/Heihachi
A+ **** right here.
That...is an incredibly bland and boring list. If that were official I would not buy the Fighters Pass. Nintendo can do so, so much better than that.
the amount of ****posting when steve is confirmed will be funny
4chan has been posting those horrifying Steve renders for weeks, if he makes it in the whole site will be overrun with them.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Have we gotten any more info from this noatesty guy? He seems like he might be legit
He is legit lol, he made a reddit comment about piranha plant being the only dlc so far like a month ago, papagenos has a screenshot.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Not really. This is as meh as it gets right here. These are all incredibly safe picks, and there's no off the wall hype-worthy additions.

THIS is a good DLC lineup
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Slayer
  • Euden/Nintendo promotional rep
  • Lloyd Irving/Heihachi
A+ **** right here.
replace Euden with Edelgard and i will be pretty down with all of it

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Let’s be honest, after Piranha Plant got in not because of being a shock pick but for being familiar and unique.

How exactly suprised would we be if a FIFA character got in because their games are recognizable, highly sold, and because Sakurai wanted to implement the first sports based character?

I’d laugh my *** off and be hilariously pissed at the same time because it would cause the ultimate floodgates to any video game character getting in.
@JDCabrera

Sounds like Madden Player got some competition, eh?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
DLC prediction list:

>Sora
>Steve/Western 3rd party
>Byleth
>8th gen Pokemon
>Japanese 3rd party

all of two specific predictions out here

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm starting to feel like I'm in the minority for thinking Gen VIII Pokemon > Eldegaurd.

Was Incineroar THAT underwhelming? Has "too many Pokemon" really become a prominent complaint?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Fighter Pass prediction list? Ok.

1.Sora/DQ/Square Enix character
2.Gen 8 Pokémon
3.Fire Emblem 3 House character
4.Heihachi/Namco character
5.Steve

Iridium

Smash Hero
DLC Prediction List:

-I don't ****ing care right now let me play the game already.
I literally have all the money I need for what I want, thanks to that birthday gift a week and a few days ago, so I'm really just stuck watching other people play. I haven't even found a single location that has the demo for me that's convenient enough.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sorry tephony, but I see more salt than hype for those two. I like Dragalia Lost and Edelgard but ESPECIALY the latter.
>tephony

It's tehponycorn you guys. Not the, not te, TEH.

I've had this username for years (since I was like, 12) and I've been here for years. Come on guys. /s
Idk this sounds pretty boring to me. The original was much better. Here's my personal predictions:
  • Geno
  • Banjo
  • Elma
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Lloyd Irving
I know some would say it sems a bit more like a wishlist and doesn't have Steve/Erdrick or Sora, but Idk I just feel like a lot of these predictions are relying so heavily on current speculation characters that they kinda seem unlikely by default. I'm pretty sure, with the exception of at least one Square character (and Steve with a hard maybe, I'm still doubtful but he has a very good chance) we're all gonna get a pretty big surprise for the DLC.

Also, calling it right now: there's gonna be free DLC for 2 echoes, one being Funky Kong, and one being the Octolings. Also Break the Targets DLC.

Also can I just ask where all the hype for Heihachi came from? I mean I dunno, I almost never heard his name brought up until Sakurai said he was considered for Wii U/3DS and now I hear his name brought up on these lists all the time. I dunno, the fact that Lloyd was so much more popular at the time makes me thing he has a much, much better chance.
You mean like the same old boring wishlist characters on your list? ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Fate has made over 2 billion dollars
>2 billion of those are from FGO
Lmao, I tell you guys

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And still nobody here is talking about this yet xD

So new modes dlc confirmed. What modes do you want most?
As unrealistic as it is, I'm still hoping for at least a 'Spirit Gallery' with trophy-style descriptions. Some of my favorite memories with Brawl were honestly just being settled down and flicking through my trophies to this.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm starting to feel like I'm in the minority for thinking Gen VIII Pokemon > Eldegaurd.

Was Incineroar THAT underwhelming? Has "too many Pokemon" really become a prominent complaint?
I think there's more than enough Pokemon now, but I'm also not a fan of the series so I've got an outsider's perspective.

I sort of look at series based on their prominence. Like I think Mother is perfect with two characters, but Sonic absolutely needs another.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Question for you guys, who do you think had the best reveal trailer in Ultimate? I want you to answer as non-biased as possible, don't just pick your favorite character's trailer unless you really think they had the best one.

In my opinion it's a tie between :ultkrool: and :ultincineroar:. :ultkrool: had the comedy and that kick-ass song, while :ultincineroar: had a really cool theme with the boxing ring matches. The bit at the end with Bowser Jr, K Rool and Villager was pretty funny.

:ultsimon: was also good.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
And still nobody here is talking about this yet xD

So new modes dlc confirmed. What modes do you want most?
It's more likely one of the announced modes is a later addition and in a day one patch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still pretty confident on Lloyd and Steve. If Spirits do indeed deconfirm fighters there goes Bandana Dee.

And if also true increases other fighters chances like Banjo and such.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>tephony

It's tehponycorn you guys. Not the, not te, TEH.

I've had this username for years (since I was like, 12),

You mean like the same old boring wishlist characters on your list? ;)
TPC I love ya but are you telling me you think Erdrick and Nintendo Promotional Rep are more exciting and hypeworthy than Geno, or Bandana Dee, or even Banjo to an extent

I can understand /why/-because they're unexpected or at least were-but like...K. Rool is regarded as one of this games more hypeworthy moments, and a lot of us expected he was coming.

The picks listed up there would definitely hype the core fanbase this game is aimed for I think.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

With you on that. Pokemon are almost always colorful and creative, so I'd take that as a promo character over another from Flavor-of-the-Moment Emblem :p

Noipoi

Howdy!

I don't even know any Gen 8 Pokemon and I already like them more than Eldegaurd. I'd definitely take one.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
Question for you guys, who do you think had the best reveal trailer in Ultimate? I want you to answer as non-biased as possible, don't just pick your favorite character's trailer unless you really think they had the best one.

In my opinion it's a tie between :ultkrool: and :ultincineroar:. :ultkrool: had the comedy and that kick-*** song, while :ultincineroar: had a really cool theme with the boxing ring matches. The bit at the end with Bowser Jr, K Rool and Villager was pretty funny too.
Simon and Richter had my favorite trailer. I mainly liked it due to how kick-ass Simon's entrance was.

Untouch

Smash Master
It's more likely one of the announced modes is a later addition and in a day one patch.
The guy said he didn't want to spoil it.
Also I don't think they'd do that without announcing it beforehand, they would have announced it in the direct I feel.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, it's clear this guy has connections and is a real leaker but he could have been fed false leads.

D

Deleted member

tbh unless one of the DLC characters is Banjo I'll probably play them for a couple of weeks before the new character smell wears off and then go back to :ultness:/:ultkrool:/:ultganondorf:. Pretty much exactly what happened for me in Smash 4, just replace :ultkrool: with :ultlittlemac:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

In my opinion it's a tie between :ultkrool: and :ultincineroar:. :ultkrool: had the comedy and that kick-*** song, while :ultincineroar: had a really cool theme with the boxing ring matches. The bit at the end with Bowser Jr, K Rool and Villager was pretty funny too.
Definitely King K. Rool.

Despite Sakurai's nature with trolling with us I actually fell for it until my boi appeared and swatted King Dedede away. Sakurai is one brilliant son of a *****. :laugh:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Fighter Pass prediction list? Ok.

1.Sora/DQ/Square Enix character
2.Gen 8 Pokémon
3.Fire Emblem 3 House character
4.Heihachi/Namco character
5.Steve
Pretty much exactly my predictions except I have King Boo instead of Fire Emblem.

Foulds

Smash Cadet
I really don't like reading peoples fighter pass predictions and seeing "steve" pop up so frequently. The sad thing is that I can't just dismiss it because it can actually happen.

This is a dark timeline.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

In my opinion it's a tie between :ultkrool: and :ultincineroar:. :ultkrool: had the comedy and that kick-*** song, while :ultincineroar: had a really cool theme with the boxing ring matches. The bit at the end with Bowser Jr, K Rool and Villager was pretty funny.

:ultsimon: was also good.
Hands down :ultridley: for me, because of the crazy amount of references they managed to pack in and just how much it meant to me. When I saw Ridley reflected in Samus' visor just like in Zero Mission I completely lost it.

I would like to add that :ultken::ultincineroar: was very well-directed and got me hyped despite not actually giving any craps about either of those characters.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The guy said he didn't want to spoil it.
Also I don't think they'd do that without announcing it beforehand, they would have announced it in the direct I feel.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, it's clear this guy has connections and is a real leaker but he could have been fed false leads.
He shared his info prior to the direct. It could easily be a mode that was announced then.

It's really not that uncommon these days for advertised content to be added in a day one patch without fanfare.

I already know Pirahna Plant leaked, so I'm not doubting it's real. I'm just doubting there's unannounced content dropping day one.

D

Deleted member

Vampire Killer is my favorite reveal because Richter was one of the few legit surprises this time around and I ended up loving the guy.
A Piercing Screech is my favorite one because mother****ing Ridley but ugh he just had to be leaked beforehand.
Clash of Flames has the best directing and editing, no doubt, the fight between Ken and Little Mac is the best piece of animation to come out of these trailers and the transitions between gameplay and CG was done seemlessly. I also really liked the 5-second foreshadowing of Incineroar too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom