• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Fate franchise plays with the Multiverse concept no differently than Marvel comics and DC honestly. Even in those companies, there are gender swaps of other characters. My personal favorite Fate servant is Mordred though.

Seriously, look at her:

I also have a pvc figure of the armored version (without the helmet). It's awesome.
My love for Mordred is so weird because I love both her and Artoria a lot but they hate each other so ****ing much lol
Helps a lot Mordred was my first 5* in FGO, and her characterization in Apocrypha is what made me fall in love with her. First her sad backstory which paints her in a much more relatable light than other depictions of the character, to her development with Sisigou and finally her finding out what she truly wanted. Amd god, that battle against Semiramis ALMOST redeemed the absolute ****show the second half of Apocrypha was.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Press FF to show respects
Actually, I thought the FF stood for "French Fries". Wait a minute...
>French fries come from potatoes
>Potatoes are historically significant to Ireland
>Chris O'Neill AKA OneyNG (currently hosting OneyPlays) is Irish
>OneyNG made "Pointy Bits", a parody of Final Fantasy VII
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 5.36.14 PM.png

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Not really. This is as meh as it gets right here. These are all incredibly safe picks, and there's no off the wall hype-worthy additions.

THIS is a good DLC lineup
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Slayer
  • Euden/Nintendo promotional rep
  • Lloyd Irving/Heihachi
A+ **** right here.
Idk this sounds pretty boring to me. The original was much better. Here's my personal predictions:
  • Geno
  • Banjo
  • Elma
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Lloyd Irving
I know some would say it sems a bit more like a wishlist and doesn't have Steve/Erdrick or Sora, but Idk I just feel like a lot of these predictions are relying so heavily on current speculation characters that they kinda seem unlikely by default. I'm pretty sure, with the exception of at least one Square character (and Steve with a hard maybe, I'm still doubtful but he has a very good chance) we're all gonna get a pretty big surprise for the DLC.

Also, calling it right now: there's gonna be free DLC for 2 echoes, one being Funky Kong, and one being the Octolings. Also Break the Targets DLC.

Also can I just ask where all the hype for Heihachi came from? I mean I dunno, I almost never heard his name brought up until Sakurai said he was considered for Wii U/3DS and now I hear his name brought up on these lists all the time. I dunno, the fact that Lloyd was so much more popular at the time makes me thing he has a much, much better chance.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just had a thought about Young Link's Classic Mode path. What if he faced off against some Inklings as Octoroks at Great Bay? It could work (or be close)...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Wow, you really didn't get what I was trying to say and went on answering things I didn't point! well anyway..
Of course anyone would be glad to have more, human. I'm saying there's planty enough already. And no, it's not the number 1, that would be Mario and Sonic. What does that even has to do with what I said!? and who said anything about another Pokemon inclusion!? and last, that "out of context" quote wasn't pointed at you. Relax.
:confused: Pokémon arent human.
:confused: Pokémon is the number 1 franchise in the world.
:confused: You spoke about another Pokémon inclusion.
:confused: Why do you think I am angry?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I already hate fighting Luigi. His nair was already stupid, he didn't need a second combo breaker. If this ends up being any good, I'm legit forfeiting every time I come against Luigi in bracket.
I've been a Luigi main in every Smash game, so all these changes are very interesting to me.

Luigi is gonna feel really different this time around.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not really. This is as meh as it gets right here. These are all incredibly safe picks, and there's no off the wall hype-worthy additions.

THIS is a good DLC lineup
  • Sora/Erdrick
  • Steve
  • Doom Slayer
  • Euden/Nintendo promotional rep
  • Lloyd Irving/Heihachi
A+ **** right here.
TFW you'd only buy two of those...and it is Sora and Heihachi who aren't a sure thing on that list.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
We dont try to understand Sakurai. This is the guy who put Piranha Plant and Corrin in smash.

Just nod and smile.
Yes, just nod and smile... or throw a fit and cuss him out like a lot of people do :p

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Can someone explain why Square has so many legal issues with their characters?
I don't think it has anything to do with "legal issues".

I think it's a simple matter that Square way overvalues it's content. So what Nintendo gets, like, 20 Mega Man and 20 Street Fighters songs from Capcom for, only buys them 2 Final Fantasy songs.

Square isn't unwilling to let these character and such be added, they just want more money than Nintendo wants to give them.

D

Deleted member

So, which of these pack options would you take?

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy
A lot of the characters on Pack 3 are tempting, but I gotta go with Pack 1 just because all the characters would be cool additions. Especially Dante.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What isn't awesome is a certain aspect of her backstory/creation...
Ehh, I still like her. Just the thought of having her in the same roster as Cloud, Ike, Link, Shulk, etc. is just really damn cool. DLC could be entirely safe choices or contain a bunch of wild picks like the previous ones:
-Ryu: Sakurai supposedly resented the idea of including a fighting game character in Smash until giving it a second thought
-Cloud: No one saw it coming, and when it did, it blew the whole internet up. There isn't much left in terms of reveals that will do that sort of thing now
-Bayonetta: Again, no one expected it. She's as much a cult favorite as someone like Raiden or 2B, and yet she managed to pull through
None of these characters were boring picks in any way, but it's gonna be hard to top them DLC-wise, at least imo. So far, I haven't seen anything particularly hype-inducing that could reach that level. Closest characters to that are Sora and Dante, who are MIA atm.
My love for Mordred is so weird because I love both her and Artoria a lot but they hate each other so ****ing much lol
Helps a lot Mordred was my first 5* in FGO, and her characterization in Apocrypha is what made me fall in love with her. First her sad backstory which paints her in a much more relatable light than other depictions of the character, to her development with Sisigou and finally her finding out what she truly wanted. Amd god, that battle against Semiramis ALMOST redeemed the absolute ****show the second half of Apocrypha was.
Could you imagine what would have happened if Sakurai included Echoes alongside newcomers in the DLC pack? It wouldn't be unrealistic to assume that Artoria's Echo would be Mordred. Speaking of which, it's a crime that she doesn't have an official model available. I would have commissioned her over Ike a long time ago, but I settled for Bride!Nero over Roy.
FREDDY FREAKER CONFIRMED
The stage is "Puhskinti Day" which acts exactly like Pokéfloats, with random people shown eating spaghetti. You can hear sarcastic commentary by Dingdong in the background with Zach making up hypotheticals that come alive and act like stage hazards, and a laugh track done by Julian. Also, every character's death cry is Chris screaming. It doesn't matter what the character's species, gender, sex, age, or race is.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy
Easily pack 1.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy
Uh...Pack 2. I see Ryu Hayabusa, I pick.

Seriously though, this is the best one.

D

Deleted member

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy
Pack #4.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy
****! Why you gotta put Erdrick and Ryu in the same category!

Dante, Ryu Hayabusa and Kazuma Kiryu I guess.

Edit: Oh wait, I misunderstood.

DEFINITELY Pack 2.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Pack #1:
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Elma
-Heihachi
-Sora
-Dante

Pack #2:
-Eldeguard
-Erdrick
-Lloyd
-Dovakiin
-Ryu Haybusa

Pack #3:
-Monster Hunter
-KOS MOS
-Kazuma Kiryu
-Steve
-Doomguy
Highlighted it for you. KOS-MOS is my Most-Wanted, and it's got Monster Hunter which is also an awesome addition tbh. Sure, it has Steve, but that's one character out of many others. The good thing about his possible inclusion is that he could bump up the sales to a phenomenal amount, and that might encourage more DLC packs down the line.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
WHY ISN'T HE AN ECHO!!?!?!
Dr. Mario has a lot more to differentiate him from Mario than you think. None of his specials are exactly the same, he lacks FLUDD, is slower, has a different Dair and back throw, and deals different amounts of damage in his attacks.

Him and Mario are kind of like Link/Toon Link in Smash 4 minus the emphasis on different sizes. They're very similar, but they have just enough differences to qualify as a semi-clone.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
“My game, my rules....*****.”-Sakurai, probably.
That's literally what Sakurai said during his column with Ken. He was talking about how sometimes, the differences between Ken and Ryu make you wonder if he's an echo, but he ended it off with "Nah, I say that Ken's an echo, so he's an echo"

Moral of the story: Sakurai makes his own rules and we shouldn't be so persistent on fan rules.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario has a lot more to differentiate him from Mario than you think. None of his specials are exactly the same, he lacks FLUDD, is slower, has a different Dair and back throw, and deals different amounts of damage in his attacks.

Him and Mario are kind of like Link/Toon Link in Smash 4 minus the emphasis on different sizes. They're very similar, but they have just enough differences to qualify as a semi-clone.
He still has fewer differences than Ken does from Ryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom