• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh key!
But what's with the (not very interesting) mark. I thought you were asking about the word "typical", didn't you?
The mark was just to show emphasis on those words, since there are quite a lot of words there. Also. I was asking about how you said it was typical, when it read "not very interesting" for me.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Y'all shunning other sites for being toxic when this site had someone use a literal altright conspiracy theorist as an avatar. Not as in "SJW GOT TRIGGERED COMPILATION 29769271 BECAUSE BEING OFFENSIVE IS COOL" but as in "WHITE PEOPLE ARE UNDER ATTACK AND GETTING OPPRESSED BY THE FILTHY NONWHITES! HOLLYWOOD IS CONSPIRING TO TELL CHILDREN THAT MEN ARE OBSOLETE! FROZEN IN LEFTIST PROPAGANDA! BLACK PANTHER ACTUALLY PROMOTES ANTI IMMIGRATION! FEMINISTS ARE RUINING CHILDREN PASTA CANS BECAUSE I GOT ICKY FFFFFEEEEEMAAAAAALES ON MY KIDDY PASTA CANS INSTEAD OF THE ONE WITH BATMAN" The guy had that as an avatar for well over a month, hasn't seen any consequences as far as I could tell and one of the mods here KNOWS the guy in question is a neonazi and knew who the guy in his avatar was
*scans post* *sees nothing relating to smash bros* I love smash bros discussion.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
When you
**** a man’s young sister, older sister with amnesia due to almost dying by falling off a huge cliff, two daughters from the future with only one being a baby in the present day, his wife, the woman he’s crushed on by, related to a god, illegally tip scales, **** the bff, and then leave him to die by the hands of a Falcon who’s also a Captain...you’re a villain
If tipping scales is illegal, does that mean Robin is breaking the law is smash?

D

Deleted member

Y'all shunning other sites for being toxic when this site had someone use a literal altright conspiracy theorist as an avatar. Not as in "SJW GOT TRIGGERED COMPILATION 29769271 BECAUSE BEING OFFENSIVE IS COOL" but as in "WHITE PEOPLE ARE UNDER ATTACK AND GETTING OPPRESSED BY THE FILTHY NONWHITES! HOLLYWOOD IS CONSPIRING TO TELL CHILDREN THAT MEN ARE OBSOLETE! FROZEN IN LEFTIST PROPAGANDA! BLACK PANTHER ACTUALLY PROMOTES ANTI IMMIGRATION! FEMINISTS ARE RUINING CHILDREN PASTA CANS BECAUSE I GOT ICKY FFFFFEEEEEMAAAAAALES ON MY KIDDY PASTA CANS INSTEAD OF THE ONE WITH BATMAN" The guy had that as an avatar for well over a month, hasn't seen any consequences as far as I could tell and one of the mods here KNOWS the guy in question is a neonazi and knew who the guy in his avatar was
....Huh? What the hell are you on about?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is Isaac literally the most punished character in all of Smash history now? He got dunked on by Sakurai himself, albeit indirectly. When main characters like Marth and Pit were also unknown when they were added, but I guess Sakurai just liked those games more?

I don’t even have many fond memories of Golden Sun or anything, but it’s like, “stop, stop, he’s already dead!”
Pit is a bit weird case but Marth wasn't unknown in Japan at all.

D

Deleted member

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm not sure how's this making you look bad, but sure thing, anything for a fellow Goe supporter. Ask what you need.
(I'm just poking fun, but I'm just referring to the fact that there are maybe like 3 of us so it's a guilty by association thing haha)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wait, what are you talking about?

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Is Isaac literally the most punished character in all of Smash history now? He got dunked on by Sakurai himself, albeit indirectly. When main characters like Marth and Pit were also unknown when they were added, but I guess Sakurai just liked those games more?

I don’t even have many fond memories of Golden Sun or anything, but it’s like, “stop, stop, he’s already dead!”
Marth was strongly considered for Smash 64, acting as a "finesse" rival to Link's "force" (hence why stuff like Shulk's trailer has them together).

Pit is a completely different situation; Sakurai rolled with him with the idea of redesigning a retro character as if they'd been a regular feature in an ongoing series (citing Link's evolution).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
i love it when a voice actor says they got a new gig and literally everyone think it has to be smash and only smash
To be fair, Adam Howden teased Shulk fans about a new project he was in that was actually Shulk in Smash Bros, so there's a precedent for it.

It's still likely not Smash though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
....Huh? What the hell are you on about?
Wait, what are you talking about?
I'm fed up of seeing hypocritical "Ugh ERA is so toxic" posts because a literal neonazi had an avatar of an altright conspiracy theorist here and went unpunished because one of the mods is friends with him despite said mod being fully aware the guy in question is a literal "Black people are objectively less intelligent because of their genes" neonazi. This site is ****ing garbage too. Which is my point. Especially as I've seen people link that guy's terrible writing because people think the guy who claimed that Ken leak literally nobody could debunk was fake because "Oh I've seen better looking fakes on 4chan therefore this is fake and Ken isn't playable"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i wanna join the cool kids club of people quoting this

uhhhh

CAPS LOCK CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

FreeFox

Smash Lord
"Rather, I believe it’s important to have a good balance as a game. In the past titles in the series, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Dog were some of the examples we offered outside of people’s typical expectations. However, if we don’t have these types of fighters, and we only had typical “hero/heroine” type fighters in the lineup, there’s not much difference. It’s probably not very interesting. Correct?"- Sakurai.

Ya hear that? Yes you, who call for more FE, Pokemon, clones or any of those uninteresting typical characters.
Umm…. you know that Pokémon probably bring some of the most diverse and gimmicky characters in smash, right? They arent anything like "typical heroes". I dont get where you get that impression.

Don't be ashamed. Wanting more is just human nature. If your complaining, that's a different situation.
I know but maybe some of us people (including me) in the "MOAR" community need to stop moving goalposts. That is why I am ashamed. Maybe, I should appreciate what we have a bit more.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Umm…. you know that Pokémon probably bring some of the most diverse and gimmicky characters in smash, right? They arent anything like "typical heroes". I dont get where you get that impression.

I know but maybe some of us people (including me) in the "MOAR" community need to stop moving goalposts. That is why I am ashamed. Maybe, I should appreciate what we have a bit more.
When I said "Always wanting more." I was referring to moving goalposts. No worries, your fine.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Pit is a bit weird case but Marth wasn't unknown in Japan at all.
His series still technically sold less up to that point, than the first two Golden Sun games did (yes that’s actually true), and he was totally unknown outside of Japan, unlike Isaac.

If anything, Marth and Pit are proof that Sakurai can single-handedly revive series on a whim, so there’s really no reason for him to being relevancy arguments into it. Maybe the context of this game is different from previous games tho, it sounds like there were less development resources for whatever reason, which I would understand.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
You're pretty grossly taking it out of context.

Sakurai's specifically talking about Piranha Plant and other joke characters being done because he'd think it would be boring if the roster was entirely just composed of the protagonists you'd typically expect to get into Smash. It has nothing to do with Pokemon and FE; just his philosophy about Game and watch, ROB, Duck Hunt, and Piranha Plant.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'm fed up of seeing hypocritical "Ugh ERA is so toxic" posts because a literal neonazi had an avatar of an altright conspiracy theorist here and went unpunished because one of the mods is friends with him despite said mod being fully aware the guy in question is a literal "Black people are objectively less intelligent because of their genes" neonazi. This site is ****ing garbage too. Which is my point. Especially as I've seen people link that guy's terrible writing because people think the guy who claimed that Ken leak literally nobody could debunk was fake because "Oh I've seen better looking fakes on 4chan therefore this is fake and Ken isn't playable"
But if that user bothers you that much, could you not just block them like a sensible adult?

D

Deleted member

'Kay, but

How about you don't bring that up here?

Seriously, what does this have to do with anything?

osby

Smash Obsessed
His series still technically sold less up to that point, than the first two Golden Sun games did (yes that’s actually true), and he was totally unknown outside of Japan, unlike Isaac.

If anything, Marth and Pit are proof that Sakurai can single-handedly revive series on a whim, so there’s really no reason for him to being relevancy arguments into it. Maybe the context of this game is different from previous games tho, it sounds like there were less development resources for whatever reason, which I would understand.
"Revive?" Fire Emblem had more games than Metroid when Melee was out.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, because you’re certainly giving it a better image by typing in all caps and acting like a raving lunatic. If it bothers you that much, you could just ignore them.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

...the second Kid Icarus game was released exclusively in Western territories on the Gameboy and never made it into Japan. Pit was a gigantic unknown in Japan, moreso than in the West.

And the success of the first Advanced Wars game had more to do with FE coming over than Smash-- heck, Marth and Roy were initially slated to be removed from the international releases of Melee.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, because you’re certainly giving it a better image by typing in all caps and acting like a raving lunatic. If it bothers you that much, you could just ignore them.
This.

There are ways to handle things. A mature, calm, and respectful way, or screaming at everyone for no reason. The second option seems to be what was chosen here.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
(I'm just poking fun, but I'm just referring to the fact that there are maybe like 3 of us so it's a guilty by association thing haha)
sigh.. ok TB, for you. But you should read carefully what that friend of yours has written.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
But if that user bothers you that much, could you not just block them like a sensible adult?
I don’t think she’s talking about the user specifically, I think she’s saying the site is garbage for not punishing them.

which it kinda is

D

Deleted member

Nah.
Let’s jump on the Fantastic Four fan instead.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ok, I get that you wanted to vent but this isn’t the right place to do that. You can always just ignore or write your thoughts down on a piece of paper then rip it up and throw it away.

EDIT: I do understand what you mean by the site not taking action and banning the user causing issues though. I went through a similar situation with an individual on YouTube who was being toxic and saying things I’d rather not say here and no action was taken which did piss me off ngl.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
[citation needed]
Can confirm they aren't. There was even hubbub when Phil Spencer signed a petition trying to get them brought over.

With the influx of Final Fantasy ports to Switch and X1 I'm kind of amazed that SE hasn't brought over the HD collections to X1, especially since they're releasing KH3 on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom