• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
They're already patching out mr game and watch's attack, so I'm almost positive they'll patch out the spirit too. You know that Nintendo doesn't like controversies, reguardless of how stupid they are.
More like theyre afraid of having employees doxxed, chased to their homes, and lynched. But i get what youre saying

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They're already patching out mr game and watch's attack, so I'm almost positive they'll patch out the spirit too. You know that Nintendo doesn't like controversies, reguardless of how stupid they are.
Besides, it's only two frames. Not in the sense that "it's two frames it doesn't matter" more like "it's two frames that stand still, it's so easy to fix".

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
>Fire Attack
HERE WE GO AGAIN GUYS!! WOOOOO!!!
Ayyy Dragonite

Also interesting to see that Fire Attack Spirit: there are so many Spirits I could easily see them forgetting to change it when they patch out G&W's feather

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I would wager that the people who want those characters don't find them uninteresting.
Probably, but that's not what Sakurai thinks.
He's a hero who just so happens to be one of the most used fighter archetypes used in Japanese media. Not very interesting, don't you think? Especially with the **** like Naruto making anime looking ninjas more popular than ever
Haha, you're still proving you know null about The Mystical Ninja XD
mysticalll.. ~mysticalll.. ~call XD

LetterO

Smash Lord
The Spirit has it’s own special battle and bonus when equipped. I’ll be much more peeved if this gets cut out than the 2 frames of animation it had on G&W.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Oh shoot all Pokemon are the same? all 800+ of them?
Obviously, all they do in Pokémon is use one of their four moves, the animations mean nothing as they don’t have hitboxes that interact, you can even turn off attack animations and it absolutely completely definitively proves that they are in no way unique. /s

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Someone just posted this about the new song

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ting_about_the_new/?utm_source=reddit-android

The intro to the new song is apparently from SMRPG, while the rest is from SMB3.

Geno plz
I really hope Geno gets in, not because I like the character or anything (because I'm honestly not a fan of him) but because one of my best friends wants Geno in more than any other character, so I hope his number one character (Geno) gets in just so it'll make him happy (even though my most wanted didn't get in, but I'm not upset about that)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Sakurai never claimed he disliked those. If he didn't like a certain character, I doubt he would include them. Heck, when Incineroar got revealed, he said he has always wanted a wrestling character.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Here is a news about Sakurai discussing something in terms of Smash Ultimate Content:

Sakurai:
"This time, I worked with the same company and same team that worked on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS titles. And in those titles, we were able to include quite a few fighters. So I thought, if we work a bit harder, we can make the dream of including all fighters come true, so we went for it.

There will be people who might feel disappointed if fighters that appeared in a previous title are not included. I didn’t want any players to feel that way, so we worked really hard to make this happen.

But what I learned is that regardless of doing our utmost, no matter how hard we try, and no matter how many fighters we include, there will always be people who feel that way."
Ouch, what a shame. Sakurai did a lot more than most people in his position have ever done. Lets take a look at everything:

-He gave us a new story mode
-All characters are back and we even got new ones that cater to both hardcore and casual fanbases. Even some unlikely characters managed to get in with the Echo Fighter mechanic (which I still dont understand the complain about.).
-All characters have received notorious buffs.
-Game has been made faster
-There are new features for both the competitive audiences (short jump attacks, run canceling attacks, perfect shield) and the casual fandom (smash bar, stage morph, new combinations like stamine+stock)
-New game modes like Smashdown and complete changes to past modes like Classic Mode.
-An amazing soundtrack
-Over a hundred stages.
-Once again, we can play with the gamecube controller.
-Online features.
-A huge amount of representation for a variety of franchises. (We got Shovel Knight, Shantae, Monster Hunter, Castlevania and more)
-5 dlc characters are coming. (6 if you count :ultpiranha:)

Funny that we come here and complain about the acheivements of this game.
-I want my character.
-Why is my char an echo?
-I want more modes.
-I hate this new game mode.
-My char is an asisst trophy. WHY!?
-I hate this char, why did they have to add it to the game?
-Where is character representation? My franchise deserves more characters. I dont care about the ítems, assist tropies and stages they got.
-This franchise has enough content! SAKUBIAS!

I feel kinda ashamed of myself even if I am part of the "want MOAR" side of smash players rather than the "I didnt get this" side of the smash community.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If you think promotional titles are something good, then wait till you hear the irony of Long John's name for his ah..... soosig
Poor Draug. He's only a novice...
That's accurate to how useful Draug has ever been tbh

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I really hope Geno gets in, not because I like the character or anything (because I'm honestly not a fan of him) but because one of my best friends wants Geno in more than any other character, so I hope his number one character (Geno) gets in just so it'll make him happy (even though my most wanted didn't get in, but I'm not upset about that)
That's pretty much why I want Sora instead not gonna lie.. That and been on a Kingdom Hearts thing on my own.

D

Deleted member

I mean to be fair, Pokemon and Fire Emblem haven’t been good for years, now.
I mean, I don’t care about the two in the slightest, but I have enough sense not go “Hurr Pokemon and Fire Emblem took muh characters chance away REEE!”

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He's a hero who just so happens to be one of the most used fighter archetypes used in Japanese media. Not very interesting, don't you think? Especially with the **** like Naruto making anime looking ninjas more popular than ever
that

what in the world are you even talking about Gwen, lmao it doesn't even sound like you're talking about the same character

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ouch, what a shame. Sakurai did a lot more than most people in his position have ever done. Lets take a look at everything:

-He gave us a new story mode
-All characters are back and we even got new ones that cater to both hardcore and casual fanbases. Even some unlikely characters managed to get in with the Echo Fighter mechanic (which I still dont understand the complain about.).
-All characters have received notorious buffs.
-Game has been made faster
-There are new features for both the competitive audiences (short jump attacks, run canceling attacks, perfect shield) and the casual fandom (smash bar, stage morph, new combinations like stamine+stock)
-New game modes like Smashdown and complete changes to past modes like Classic Mode.
-An amazing soundtrack
-Over a hundred stages.
-Once again, we can play with the gamecube controller.
-Online features.
-A huge amount of representation for a variety of franchises. (We got Shovel Knight, Shantae, Monster Hunter, Castlevania and more)
-5 dlc characters are coming. (6 if you count :ultpiranha:)

Funny that we come here and complain about the acheivements of this game.
-I want my character.
-Why is my char an echo?
-I want more modes.
-I hate this new game mode.
-My char is an asisst trophy. WHY!?
-I hate this char, why did they have to add it to the game?
-Where is character representation? My franchise deserves more characters. I dont care about the ítems, assist tropies and stages they got.
-This franchise has enough content! SAKUBIAS!

I feel kinda ashamed of myself even if I am part of the "want MOAR" side of smash players rather than the "I didnt get this" side of the smash community.
Don't be ashamed. Wanting more is just human nature. If your complaining, that's a different situation.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean to be fair, Pokemon and Fire Emblem haven’t been good for years, now.

I personally think Pokemon is pretty great. However, they need to stop ditching mechanics every game and cashing in on Gen 1 all the time. I'm still super salty they just ignored Mega Evolutions after giving Gen 1 and 3 and overdose amount while ignoring the other Gens, where many Pokemon could still use a similar boost. Really hoping Gen 8 just combines Mega Evos, Z moves and Regional Variants into one game. Give us 50-70 new Pokemon and the same amount dedicated to variants and mega evolutions.

The innovation is there, they just keep abandoning it.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The Spirit has it’s own special battle and bonus when equipped. I’ll be much more peeved if this gets cut out than the 2 frames of animation it had on G&W.
I had a talk with a friend who got an early pre-patched copy. All the spirit does is make Game and Watch say slurs and that's it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I had a talk with a friend who got an early pre-patched copy. All the spirit does is make Game and Watch say slurs and that's it.
So that's why he's always beeping.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Agreed. People getting upset over a change of something to look a little less racist kinda worry me tbh.
If something considered insulting to a certain culture, people have a right to want in changed. (Although I don't know much about that specific culture, so I'm not aware how a feather is insulting. I believe it's a reference to indians?)

osby

Smash Obsessed
USUM was great, as was LGP/E
Three Houses looks more than decent
I fail to see your point
They don't like it, so they are bad. Never mind a lot of people praised Sun & Moon and Fates sold better than all the older ones.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I don’t. I hope that site burns like NeoGAF did.
I hope the whole site dies and gets forgotten. Not the people, the site itself. It's one of the most toxic, stupidest, and disgraceful things on the internet, and I consider it worse than 4chan in literally every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom