• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Rather, I believe it’s important to have a good balance as a game. In the past titles in the series, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Dog were some of the examples we offered outside of people’s typical expectations. However, if we don’t have these types of fighters, and we only had typical “hero/heroine” type fighters in the lineup, there’s not much difference. It’s probably not very interesting. Correct?"- Sakurai.

Ya hear that? Yes you, who call for more FE, Pokemon, clones or any of those uninteresting typical characters.
"Pokemon clones"

Ah yes, the overwhelming amount of Pokemon clones currently present.

Pichu, and, uh...Pichu's alts.

Oh, yeah, and Mewtwo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
i love it when a voice actor says they got a new gig and literally everyone think it has to be smash and only smash
Please, don't give me flashbacks with Layton's voice actor, Christopher Miller, especially since he himself initially thought it was for Smash.

Although mistakenly as apparently he did some voice lines that where a bit unusual from what he usually did for Layton. The worst part is we still don't know what those voice lines where used for to this day...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
>Fire Attack
HERE WE GO AGAIN GUYS!! WOOOOO!!!
Yay! More controversy! /s
*slides 20$ to the table*

...So, about the content of this fighter pass
Oh yeah! Larry (The character in my profile pic, and the new role I was referring too) is in the fighter pass! Nintendo contacted me about it! /s

osby

Smash Obsessed
There are times when I feel parts of this fanbase doesn't know other video games, or other pieces of media period, exist.
There are a lot of video games besides the ones in Smash like Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Shovel Knight and uh, *looks to the smudged writing on hand* Dragoon Quack.

I think Pokemon are interesting and unique. In your opinion, what makes them not?

Also seems a bit insulting to call peoples favorites "uninstresting". I'm not offended, just saying it probably isn't the same for others. Also, what's bad about wanting those characters? :p
It's bad because it's not what they want.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
"Rather, I believe it’s important to have a good balance as a game. In the past titles in the series, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt Dog were some of the examples we offered outside of people’s typical expectations. However, if we don’t have these types of fighters, and we only had typical “hero/heroine” type fighters in the lineup, there’s not much difference. It’s probably not very interesting. Correct?"- Sakurai.

Ya hear that? Yes you, who call for more FE, Pokemon, clones or any of those uninteresting typical characters.
I would wager that the people who want those characters don't find them uninteresting.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Playable unique fighter > echo > part of a character's moveset > Mii costume > Assist trophy > Stage hazard/Boss > Stage dressing > Spirit

Regardless, having a character being an assist trophy definitely isn't a calculated insult to the fans*: Sakurai could be, and deserves to be, a lot pettier, but he isn't. I'd have much less self-constraint.

* Having said that, Nintendo and Sakurai do like to dunk on Waluigi - but it's not meant as an attack on his fans

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I think Pokemon are interesting and unique. In your opinion, what makes them not?

Also seems a bit insulting to call peoples favorites "uninstresting". I'm not offended, just saying it probably isn't the same for others. Also, what's bad about wanting those characters? :p
Pokemon can slide, but not all of'em. I mean come on.. Pichu?
That was Sakurai's quote "not vey interesting", same. And sorry, but if I find a charcater not interesting I'll say so. You can call Goemon that too if you want.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meanwhile Goemon would be a Literal Who to me if it weren't for this thread lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Playable unique fighter > echo > part of a character's moveset > Mii costume > Assist trophy > Stage hazard/Boss > Stage dressing > Spirit

Regardless, having a character being an assist trophy definitely isn't a calculated insult to the fans*: Sakurai could be, and deserves to be, a lot pettier, but he isn't. I'd have much less self-constraint.

* Having said that, Nintendo and Sakurai do like to dunk on Waluigi - but it's not meant as an attack on his fans
I can't blame them, dunking on Waluigi is fun, even his fans do it sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Liking things is bad and you're dumb.

Unless it's the things I like. Then you're a genius with excellent taste.

:4pacman:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pokemon can slide, but not all of'em. I mean come on.. Pichu?
That was Sakurai's quote "not vey interesting", same. And sorry, but if I find a charcater not interesting I'll say so. You can call Goemon that too if you want.
I feel the context he used the word in was nicer. He was just more so questioning if people found that instresting. (Also, it said typical earlier? did you just edit it?) And yeah, your titled to your own opinions, just calling out other people probably isn't the best way to do it. Also, not gonna bash Goemon cuz I know nothing about his franchise.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
1) Nintendo better not change the fire attack spirit (for the love of god Nintendo, Ignore resetera and twitter)
2) That Like Like looks so gross
Well as much of Ignore ResetEra is good advice. For anyone. Generally. Doesnt mtter its always appluicable... I am pretty sure they dont want to get doxxed by them so

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1) Nintendo better not change the fire attack spirit (for the love of god Nintendo, Ignore resetera and twitter)
2) That Like Like looks so gross
I'm hoping they change it. We actually have standards today.

D

Deleted member

Imagine being so salty you didn’t get your character you resorted to ****-talking Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Because it’s clearly the fault of the two series Isaac/Geno/Whoever didn’t get in. They’re responsible.

This brought to you by Smash Fandom Conspiracy Theorists.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Well as much of Ignore ResetEra is good advice. For anyone. Generally. Doesnt mtter its always appluicable... I am pretty sure they dont want to get doxxed by them so
They're already patching out mr game and watch's attack, so I'm almost positive they'll patch out the spirit too. You know that Nintendo doesn't like controversies, reguardless of how stupid they are.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Imagine being so salty you didn’t get your character you resorted to ****-talking Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Because it’s clearly the fault of the two series Isaac/Geno/Whoever didn’t get in. They’re responsible.

This brought to you by Smash Fandom Conspiracy Theorists.
I mean to be fair, Pokemon and Fire Emblem haven’t been good for years, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom