• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey, guys. I just woke up. Any news?
Palutena’s Guidances are back, but so far nothing for Snake Codec calls

Opossum Opossum ...what did I tell ya? What a great thing to get to wake up to after a **** Survivor Series

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, but I wouldn't be surprised, assuming Rabbid spirits are all but confirmed
Whelp... *sigh*
Well I mean I've actually gotten pretty lucky already. My top 5 (before K. Rool's confirmation) was :ultkrool:, Geno, :ultisabelle:, Rayman, Zoe. So I've got 2 out of 5... I guess I shouldn't complain! :3

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I never thought the "Elma's spirit not being spotted increases her chances" argument didn't hold much merit anyway, because it both assumed that....

1) she didn't have a spirit just because we haven't seen it from extremely limited footage
and
2) that spirits absolutely deconfirmed characters for DLC.

I'd hate to say it but it was kind of like the Music theory in that regard. Actually it was a lot like the music theory.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey, guys, what's u-

*Elma is a spirit*

... oh. Wonder what that means for her future.

Bandana Boi is still alive though, so that's great.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Whelp... *sigh*
Well I mean I've actually gotten pretty lucky already. My top 5 (before K. Rool's confirmation) was :ultkrool:, Geno, :ultisabelle:, Rayman, Zoe. So I've got 2 out of 5... I guess I shouldn't complain! :3
Yeah dude! You gotta look on the bright side!

Also, I think it's funny how Ultimate's reveals started with one of my most wanteds:ultinkling:and ended with another:ultincineroar:.
Still no Geno, but this game looks so good I don't even care.
I care a little.

D

Deleted member

****, I watch Max Payne for a couple of hours, and I miss new Ultimate footage lol. Can't blame me though, Max Payne looks awesome.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Whelp... *sigh*
You might still get Rayman and Geno

FreeFox

Smash Lord
GameXPlain has been showing off Classic Mode and WoL.
Palutena’s Guidances are back, but so far nothing for Snake Codec calls

Opossum Opossum ...what did I tell ya? What a great thing to get to wake up to after a **** Survivor Series
Check Gamexplain, they hold the answers.
Thanks everyone! I will go and check the videos.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda disappointed on them reusing Palutena's Guidance. I was really hoping they'd do something new, like Squid Sisters on the Moray Towers stage. But even if they couldn't do anything new, I would have preferred Snake's codecs over Palutena. Oh well.

And about World of Light, I'm gonna try to not look at stuff and get myself spoiled. I'd rather be surprised at the spirits/bosses myself.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Whelp... *sigh*

my 3 most wanted since brawl were geno,little mac, and banjo. im still extremely happy i at least got 1 out of three myself haha

as for ultimate, i always thought the biggest issue roster wise with smash4 was metroid and DK lacking newcomers and cutting characters like wolf and ice climbers...so between ridley/k rool/and everyone returning i got no complaints... though im still hopeful dlc might make my personal check list complete

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Has it been confirmed how we unlock the characters?
Yes, you can unlock them in multiple ways...
Most notably, in World of Light
And about World of Light, I'm gonna try to not look at stuff and get myself spoiled. I'd rather be surprised at the spirits/bosses myself.
Good luck with that.
If this is gonna be anything like Pokemon Sun and Moon and Super Mario Odyssey, Youtube thumbnails with spoilers will be rampant before the game even releases

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm kinda disappointed on them reusing Palutena's Guidance. I was really hoping they'd do something new, like Squid Sisters on the Moray Towers stage. But even if they couldn't do anything new, I would have preferred Snake's codecs over Palutena. Oh well.

I wish Codecs were back, but Guidances are better than nothing. Especially new ones.

my 3 most wanted since brawl were geno,little mac, and banjo. im still extremely happy i at least got 1 out of three myself haha

as for ultimate, i always thought the biggest issue roster wise with smash4 was metroid and DK lacking newcomers and cutting characters like wolf and ice climbers...so between ridley/k rool/and everyone returning i got no complaints... though im still hopeful dlc might make my personal check list complete
Geno or Banjo as dlc Sakurai please.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but for what I'm seeing this "solo" mode is just the event matches mode with a map instead of a menu, more events and a few cinematics. So for me that's not a solo mode in terms of what means a solo in fighting games.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you can unlock them in multiple ways...
Most notably, in World of Light

Good luck with that.
If this is gonna be anything like Pokemon Sun and Moon and Super Mario Odyssey, Youtube thumbnails with spoilers will be rampant before the game even releases
Do you know how long it will take to get all the characters roughly?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Whelp... *sigh*
Eh, I wouldn't give up just yet: Ubisoft developing a Mario game (plus putting Fox in Starlink) makes it seem pretty likely that they'll at least try to get one of their characters in Smash. And unlike Shantae's creators, who have been trying the same thing, Ubisoft's a big boi studio so has a lot more clout. Who knows what'll happen.

As for the rest of DLC, I'm really not fussed. Everyone else I want is either deconfirmed or never-ever happening, so IDGAF who the rest of the 4/5 DLC picks are if Rayman ends up getting in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm sorry but for what I'm seeing this "solo" mode is just the event matches mode with a map instead of a menu, more events and a few cinematics. So for me that's not a solo mode in terms of what means a solo in fighting games.
Eh, i'm satisfied with it. Then again i'm easy to please.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be honest I think calling spirit battles "event matches" is kind of a disservice to them. Event Matches, at least from my experience with them in Sm4sh, could be fun but they threw a lot of annoying BS at you through their win conditions, while the win conditions in spirit battles seem to be straitforward "KO the enemy". That means no "keep giant Ganondorf and his two sidekick Ganondorfs from destroying Skyworld with just Palutena lol". That is a massive improvement in my eyes.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Whelp... *sigh*
I was quite lucky too I got :ultwolf: back(I really missed him since he was missing from the previous game) and :ultisabelle: who I wanted to add to my group of dolls, the only thing I feel that's missing for me is Dixie but I can't let her absence hurt my interest for this game cause there's so many things that Ultimate has to enjoy.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

At this point I give up if Geno/Banjo don't make it as DLC.

For Geno: Sakurai has wanted him in the game for a decade and has expressed this multiple times. He's beyond even fan demand, getting his own personalized Mii Costume and title card. If he doesn't make it this time, it's either Square/Nintendo preventing him or he stopped caring about the character. It is HIS time, regardless of his relevancy as a Mario character. Yes, Chrono is my top pick, but Geno just closes such a big door.

For Banjo: Nintendo has nearly all of the biggest icons in gaming, especially those that represent it's own consoles, except Banjo. Banjo is the final piece of that puzzle. I totally get Microsoft picking Minecraft, but the opportunity to put Nintendo's final all star character in Smash would be sorely missed.

These 2, for all intents and purposes, do deserve slots on the roster, namely as DLC. All we can do is hope for the best, but I'm definitely super adamant on them getting in this time, they represent a big part of the core fan base (Geno) and Nintendo's history (Banjo) respectively.

Noipoi

Howdy!
To be honest I think calling spirit battles "event matches" is kind of a disservice to them. Event Matches, at least from my experience with them in Sm4sh, could be fun but they threw a lot of annoying BS at you through their win conditions, while the win conditions in spirit battles seem to be straitforward "KO the enemy". That means no "keep giant Ganondorf and his two sidekick Ganondorfs from destroying Skyworld with just Palutena lol". That is a massive improvement in my eyes.
As long as I don't have to keep Mr. G&W from touching the ship, i'm good.

D

Deleted member

Two things:

-I am curious about the theme of Samus and Dark Samus’s classic mode.

-If Rayman gets a spirit, and the western rep DLC leak is true... Then Crash got more likely.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Thanks for your help. Do you mind sharing the website or video you got the info from? Thank you
Oh, sure thing... It's this Gamexplain video right here
Whelp... *sigh*
Pretty sure the only character in my top five to make it in was :ultincineroar:
Tap Trial Girl, Elma, Ashely, and Bandanna Waddle Dee weren't as lucky, to say the least

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom