• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Lin on top of a Skell Spirit... it's almost like the "lack of X content" is because it wasn't spotlighted due to being the black sheep of the series. I'm sure Elma and Lao at least will show up.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Wonder what Pit makes of Galeem who looks like a a jacked-up Old Testament angel

Also, do we know whether Spirits have descriptions? That was the main thing I liked about trophies tbh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Lol Spirits are pretty damn great of a concept tbh
I'm totally 100% on board now. I think my initial reaction to them was just a "but trophies" reaction but I realized I dont think I ever cared too much about em
Spirit fights are neat

*watching GameXplain's 10 minutes of WoL, where they're fighting Metal Sonic, literally Sonic but he's metal and starts with a jetpack*
I'm the same way honestly, although I started warming up to the idea really fast when I realized just how many characters are getting in through this and just how cool and silly spirit battles have the potential to be. At this point I'm actually hyped for them as well.

I didn't vote nay or yay on Spirits, but I think I ought to change that vote to "yay" now.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Interesting. Sheik is one of the characters you can choose to awake almost directly after Mario. So unlocking characters doesn't seem to go in number order.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The assist trophy showing up to help the spirit of that assist trophy fight twists my brain in knots "story"-wise but I get it

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lin on top of a Skell Spirit... it's almost like the "lack of X content" is because it wasn't spotlighted due to being the black sheep of the series. I'm sure Elma and Lao at least will show up.
I assumed it was the case. Gamexplain already counted over 400 spirits. The Direct wasn't gonna showcase every spirit in the game. I wonder if the total number of spirits would break a thousand.

But now that we know there is indeed X content, that just increases Phoenix's chances. There's zero content of Ace Attorney has in Smash. It's obvious it's all being saved for a Phoenix Wright DLC reveal alongside an announcement of another Ace Attorney Trilogy port/new Ace Attorney game exclusive for the Switch.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So Sakurai sez that the Smash cast is just toys come to life. And in previous games, clearing Classic rewarded us with their trophies. But are the fighters just trophies? Or are the assist trophies the only form of trophy technically left in Smash? Hmmmmm

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We can have eight Kirbys in one stage, plus Samus and Mario are two characters. I feel like development team stopped caring.
Or they just found it funny
Well I mean, considering Palutena's Guidance almost certainly isn't returning and Viridi is stuck as a stage cameo, she's not really in a position to be disrespecting others. She's essentially been downgraded, which is a feat in and of itself. :p
Palutena’s Temple is coming back fella, even if there’s no new lines for the other characters (give them the dlc treatment if that’s gonna be the case), same with Snake Codecs...though of course Pit and Viridi could get new lines and just talk to each other

Plus, you can’t get downgraded when you never wanted to be a fighter (only a human murderer), have nothing to lose other than a voice while gaining a new model that actually moves, gets to be turned into a Spirit, and will likely keep all your old lines from the past (like with the Starfox team...only they changed their voices with each stage)...don’t **** with the Viridi

D

Deleted member

Just got done watching Wolf's Classic Mode, and daaaaang that looks so cool! I loved that mini platforming segment, I wonder if every character has their own unique one?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think Incineroar's theme will be based around championship matches (Obviously) and characters who have elements of that type of fighting.
So obviously :ultlittlemac::ultvillager::ultbowserjr::ultkrool:, but who else? The boss is probably just Rayquaza, hopefully Mega.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I expect Pokemon Trainer's entire Classic Mode to be themed around fighting the other Pokemon of the roster.

They better bring back Rayquaza for that. Everyone isn't truly here if my favorite flying green noodle doesn't come back. I guess he'll still be in the Kalos Pokemon League even if he doesn't return as a boss though.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Elma is confirmed as a spirit...</3
Hopefully all those who weren't familiar to her before this speculation cycle at least gained some sort of recognition of her and maybe considered giving her and her game a chance!
(Not saying spirits are outright deconfirms, but just going to take it as one to soften the blow)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hopefully all those who weren't familiar to her before this speculation cycle at least gained some sort of recognition of her and maybe considered giving her and her game a chance!
(Not saying spirits are outright deconfirms, but just going to take it as one to soften the blow)
She's a spirit? Dang...

D

Deleted member

Welp, RIP any hope Xenoblade had for a newcomer.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If Elma's a spirit and all the rabbids are spirits I hope that a Rayman spirit isn't lurking out there, waiting to be found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom