• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Chrom could have been added later if they felt like they were ahead of schedule and thought they could add another echo to the base game.
There's nothing to outright support this, though. So far, we have nothing to suggest Echoes were late additions this time. We only have what Sakurai said, that he decided the roster in December 2015. He already noted Dark Samus and Chrom were highly popular. Ballot was already a thing. They were just easy additions. It just means they took less time than some, but it doesn't mean they were late additions.

What the information shown only suggests is they weren't given higher priority in being worked on compared to some characters. That's literally all we that's fairly obvious right now. They were easy additions, and clearly kept that way. Plus, Chrom got more updated moves than some Echoes, which already implies he had some higher priorities. The only actual Echoes that had little development shown at best are still Lucina and Dark Pit. The rest have more design factors for them. It's unlikely they were late additions if more work was done on them. Why give more work if they're way late? They don't have time to do that. The only thing clear is that fixing up models was done way later. Chrom, Wolf, and Young Link all had problematic models too. It's not an Echo thing. It's just some vets and Echoes clearly didn't have as much work put into them during the same time as some unique newcomers, that's all. Development has cycles. Some characters had details done later on over others. It's a matter of "doing what and when".

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Inkling girl better say Woomy and Inkling boy better say Ngyes or this game is instant -1000/10.
I've seen the word Woomy before and know that it's related to Splatoon, but have no idea what it means

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the online profile thing does equate to a spirit.. then yes.
It would be kind of weird for them to use Geno as an online profile image, but not as a spirit.
We don't know for sure, but it's still a possibility.
Regardless, if Geno is DLC, it just means they'll strike another deal with Square to use him again. Anything he has in the base game is already licensed.

Using him in other ways not agreed upon already requires more licensing.

Spirit or not, it's irrelevant at this point. It's just a matter of whether Square will say yes to using him in other ways and if Nintendo put him on the list for Sakurai to look at. Of course, it also depends if Sakurai chose him among the many possible characters. For all we know, he could be a later DLC and not part of the Season Pass. We won't know till it comes up or more information is given, really.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Smash 6, better have ****ing Dark Samus de-echoed, or I swear they better not even bother bringing her back.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Spirit

I’m just saying no need to worry about spirits deconfirming characters

Besides it shows Nintendo is aware and know s about geno and Vergeben hinted a square rep
I have never said being a Spirit would deconfirm a character nor did I ever look as if I was worried about Geno like he was my son.

D

Deleted member

I've seen the word Woomy before and know that it's related to Splatoon, but have no idea what it means
It's a sound that Inkling girls make when you use the "Booyah!" phrase in Splatoon. Inkling boys go "Ngyes" when they do it.

Octolings have their own versions as well: Girls go "Veemo", and boys go " Weyo" or "Oomi".

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Smash 6, better have ****ing Dark Samus de-echoed, or I swear they better not even bother bringing her back.
I bet she'll either come back as an echo or not come back at all. I don't see them using their time and money to make her a unique fighter (not saying they shouldn't, but just that I think they'd use their resources for new echoes and new unique fighters)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Regardless, if Geno is DLC, it just means they'll strike another deal with Square to use him again. Anything he has in the base game is already licensed.

Using him in other ways not agreed upon already requires more licensing.

Spirit or not, it's irrelevant at this point. It's just a matter of whether Square will say yes to using him in other ways and if Nintendo put him on the list for Sakurai to look at. Of course, it also depends if Sakurai chose him among the many possible characters. For all we know, he could be a later DLC and not part of the Season Pass. We won't know till it comes up or more information is given, really.
I wasn't implying Geno isn't possible for DLC; he has a realistic chance.

I'm only saying it would be kind of stupid for Nintendo to use him as an online profile pic, but not as a spirit with the same image. That's it.

I'm very much in the court of "spirits don't deconfirm DLC" since our options would be much more limited and easier to predict.

Unless we see a trend in the DLC characters, we can't make a statement on what spirits do to someone's DLC chances.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
That’s honestly what I hope for. I’m thankful she’s even in this game at all but she still had so much potential to be unique.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone. Been sick for a few days. Anything new in DLC world?
Hitagi has gone back on Katalina being in Smash. He thinks the negotiations were for a different project.

Steve, at this point, is the only character that's been outright stated by a leaker w/ some credibility (Hitagi).

Other than that, we're still trying to figure out everything else, including the Square rep.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh my gosh that was amazing. That was the hardest I've laughed all week.

Derpy Miis are always funny. Miitopia and Tomodachi life taught me this.
Give your father a hug, LA-CUNA...

Favorite part.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hope so, but for all we know she'll get the Lucina/Dark Pit curse and remain unchanged for years to come.
I'm not upset at all about Dark Pit or Lucina being echoes, but dang, seeing the treatment echoes are getting this time around almost makes me wish they were included in Ultimate first rather then 4. They should have at least given Lucina her father's new Final Smash, at the very least.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ugh, can the 7th just get here already so I can get through WoL to play these two badasses?
52F90A92-55CB-4A2F-8AD7-6854FE51F300.jpeg
BBA088EE-0DD7-4D5A-A091-57D0426779FF.jpeg

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, the Nintendo Live event in Kyoto will be happening in 5 days, so we'll get to see something good. Also, I think that's when Sakurai should be showing off WoL content, like he said he would.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, the Nintendo Live event in Kyoto will be happening in 5 days, so we'll get to see something good. Also, I think that's when Sakurai should be showing off WoL content, like he said he would.
You gotta link to where they'll be showing it or is it not up yet?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It's a sound that Inkling girls make when you use the "Booyah!" phrase in Splatoon. Inkling boys go "Ngyes" when they do it.

Octolings have their own versions as well: Girls go "Veemo", and boys go " Weyo" or "Oomi".
Huh... Well, that explains a lot

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Can't wait to see Ridley and Mewtwo. Greninja, too, but they wouldn't be that interesting. Maybe they will be.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly, probably not my guy. You can quote me on that. :troll:
*cries in pixel language or something*

Quote from Cave Story? I dunno. It doesn't seem too likely after what happened to SK
Yeah, him. X'D
Ngl, that SK part is true. However, he is completely absent and Nintendo and Nicalis are pretty close, so maybeee.
(Though, Pixel would have have to be willing to get on board with it, so there's that).

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait, has anyone else noticed the Robin blog post? Am I late once again?

I mean, nobody really cares anymore, but I'm bored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom