• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I saw a cute picture of Krystal sleeping with a Fox plushie on DeviantART.

Mod Edit: Image removed
OOOOH NOOOOOO

Look man, i'm not judging what you're into. I get a little weird myself, but you can't just post that stuff here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Tbf if Euden made it in, considering a huge chunk of the music in his game is DAOKO, and I’ve been listening to her for a long while before the game came out, I’d be down for his inclusion especially if we get some sort of good remix (we won’t)

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
First off, that's offensive. Please watch what you post.

Second, he's nothing like Shulk in anything besides appearance. If anything he's closer to Roy or Corrin, but even then he's unique, using a different fighting style and being able to turn into a full dragon compared to Corrin's semi-transformations.

He's also a great way to promote Nintendo's partnership with Cygames and Nintendo Mobile, which only continues to grow larger as Nintendo releases more mobile games and they become more popular. Dragalia Lost is Nintendo's first original IP on mobile, and adding the main character of that game into Smash would be an amazing way to promote not just the game itself, but Nintendo's entire mobile lineup.

Not like you care given the dismissive tone in your post, but I'd say he's one of the top contenders for this DLC cycle.
I mean, i was just asking who he was and my response was a joke but
k.jpg

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Please, if you think something is inappropriate, or unnecessary, or otherwise against the rules DO NOT respond to it. Just report it and move on.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
All users should draw their own avatars so that all credit is implied.
Well I can draw something for my avatar, I'm not sure what should I fit in that small box.
Also my art work is very cutesy(someone said they got diabetes from my artwork), smiley faced and pretty simplistic. I have a habit of drawing the eight dolls in my sig a lot...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Boy picked up Hyrule Warriors again and now I remember why I dropped it.

By God, is there a lot of busywork in that game.
Still though, I get to play as Young Link with Fierce Deity and cut moons in half, so I guess it's a fair trade-off.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Boy picked up Hyrule Warriors again and now I remember why I dropped it.

By God, is there a lot of busywork in that game.
Still though, I get to play as Young Link with Fierce Deity and cut moons in half, so I guess it's a fair trade-off.
Warriors games tend to be grind-fests.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
A question came into my mind: Does what is canon or non canon affect a characters chances of getting into Smash?

For example, BWD, besides Revenge of the King/SSU, has two major roles that actually affect the story: Rainbow Curse (rescuing Kirby and thus allowing the two to go on their adventure) and Battle Royale (is your partner throughout the story mode). Thing is these games are spin-offs, which are almost always agreed to be non canon. Would this affect Dee's chances? Or let's say, Dee only uses his parasol in Battle Royale, which is non canon. If BWD does get in, would the fact that he only uses his Parasol in a non canon game affect the chance of him using it in Smash?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'd say he's one of the top contenders for this DLC cycle.
Personally, I'm split 50/50 on Euden's inclusion.

In terms of want, I wouldn't mind his inclusion at all. We'd get our 1st mobile rep (one that is related to Nintendo), some addictive music tracks and his dragon-changing ability could function as an interesting moveset.

I'm hesitant on actually predicting him for 2 reasons:

1. Would Nintendo want to push a mobile rep over a console rep? This is my main debate for whether or not he's a likely candidate. Does Nintendo benefit more from a mobile-exclusive IP over a console IP in Smash? I honestly don't know.

2. If Nintendo does go for a mobile rep, they could pull someone from Fire Emblem Heroes, which is an established IP that many people expect to get a DLC character anyway. We could get a Heroes rep like Anna, Veronica, or Fjorm to push that game more. It has been proven financially successful, while Dragalia Lost is still financially uncertain since it's still in its early stages.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
All users should draw their own avatars so that all credit is implied.
I quite dislike my own art. If I draw anything, I usually keep it to myself :/

EDIT: That doesn't mean you won't find anything I've posted online. It's just not on this site, and none of it is based on any copyrights.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Alright, let’s get this thread back on the right path.

Who are you predicting the 5 DLC fighters to be? At least list 1.
- Bandanna Dee
- Square Enix character (Either Geno, or a Dragon Quest character like Erdrick or a Slime)
- Elma
- A Namco character (Maybe Lloyd)
- Dixie Kong, or a promotional Nintendo character of some kind. Euden from Dragalia Lost might be a good choice, and probably hold a fair bit of significance, being the first original Nintendo IP on Smartphones.

What if Joker from Persona was in?
Obligatory "YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIIIIIIIING!"But honestly, Joker or Yu Narukami are some of my dream wants. I'd love either of them to be in Smash Bros. Can we have a new Persona Arena game, ArcSys?

As for pre-orders, I've got a physical copy pre-ordered for quite some time, so I should be fine.
and re:avis, I typically prefer to use official art of some kind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom