• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

“Sonic’s alts are all a shade of blue”

I dunno about y’all but this doesn’t look like a shade of blue to me.

It’s black as the ace of spades!
Oboi he's got a single alt costume that isn't trash. It only took 3 games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some of his moveset does, and I literally couldn't care less. I don't like Richter's design as much as Simon's, and Simon's in more games of the series, as well as the original protagonist.
*cries in trevor belmont*
*cries in christopher belmont*

Oboi he's got a single alt costume that isn't trash. It only took 3 games.
With those ****ty wristbands it still ain't good enough

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley is a psychopath and Dark Samus is some ancient being of infection, but both like living and being in control of their actions.

Someone taking over their mind is an insult to them. Real easy to see why they'd team up.

A mix of the desire to survive and personal pride.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Off topic but...

Gametheory post an interesting Ultimate video discussing and theorizing the demographic of who will be likely be chosen based on gender, culture, countries, etc.

The demographic survey is voted by 500,000 people from different demographics!

Which character is favored by what demographic?

>Gametheory

Welp, I'm out.

Alright, let's try something different. It's Smash 64, and Sakurai has announced that you get three characters as DLC (go with it). Which three characters would fit Smash 64 the best and be the most interesting choices?

beans

Smash Lord
Also with all the talk about Marvel here, just gonna drop that looking from the outside, Hawkeye is the one with biggest pair in there.
Dude isnt on a high-tech suit of armor, doesnt has radiation super powers, isnt a god, isnt a mutant or inhuman (whatever they call them those days), and isnt even on the super-soldier juice (Cap would still a patriotic little guy, but still a little guy).
What does he bring to the table: A piece of metal with some string and pointy sticks.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Also with all the talk about Marvel here, just gonna drop that looking from the outside, Hawkeye is the one with biggest pair in there.
Dude isnt on a high-tech suit of armor, doesnt has radiation super powers, isnt a god, isnt a mutant or inhuman (whatever they call them those days), and isnt even on the super-soldier juice (Cap would still a patriotic little guy, but still a little guy).
What does he bring to the table: A piece of metal with some string and pointy sticks.
Black Window has guns and nick fury has a pager.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Since I've never done this before I suppose I'll go ahead and rank how hyped I am for all the new characters.

:ultkrool: 1. King K. Rool - He's finally here (performing for you)! But seriously, I've been campaigning for this guy since Brawl. I've always felt that he'd fit perfectly in the world of Smash, and our patience has finally been rewarded. Honestly, it's still hard to believe he's here. And he looks just like I'd always wanted - the Blunderbuss, crown toss, and helicopter pack. He's perfectly crafted.
:ultinkling: 2. Inkling - I love the world and characters of Splatoon, and with their recent surge in popularity, there was no doubt they'd show up - but honestly, even though I expected them, they're translated directly from Splatoon, and that makes me excited.
:ultsimon: 3. Simon - Castlevania had a big impact on classic gaming, and the character is once again translated beautifully from their home series. His reach has got me excited and it makes me ready to fight once again.
:ultridley: 4. Ridley - I'm still in the camp of "he's too big" and that they had to sacrifice a bit of the character to make it work, but damn, does he look menacing. He clashes hard with most of the cast - and honestly, it fits the sadistic villain he is fantastically. He deserves the slot.
:ultincineroar: 5. Incineroar - I may have preferred Decidueye, but the really cool wrestling motif makes me excited for him.
:ultisabelle: 6. Isabelle - I still don't want her in the game, but that's only because she's too cute to hurt. That said, I like her alternate take on Villager's moveset. Especially with the fishing rod, that always felt missing on Villager.
:ultdaisy: 7. Daisy - I like Daisy's spunky personality, even if I'm not the biggest fan of Peach's playstyle.
:ultken: 8. Ken - I like Ryu in Smash, and it's cool that they gave Ken some of his own moves instead of making him a direct copy.
:ultrichter: 9. Richter - I wish Richter would have gotten the same treatment Ken did, but I like what I've seen of Simon's moveset, so I'm sure I'll be fine with Richter too.
:ultdarksamus: 10. Dark Samus - I'm not a big fan of Samus' playstyle, so... eh.
:ultchrom: 11. Chrom - I really don't think he adds much that Roy and Lucina didn't already do, and I've already explained my problems with so many Fire Emblem characters.
:ultpiranha: 12. Seriously, screw this. There are so many characters who really deserve the slot more than a generic enemy that in his own series doesn't do anything but chomp.
I hope you don't consider irrelevant characters like Isaac, Banjo, and Geno as being more deserving than an iconic enemy like Piranha plant. Now a new Zelda character I can get behind.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
You could justify their assistance as short-term help for the sake of their own selfish goals.
Ganondorf can't rule a kingdom of statues, Ridley can't terrorize a dead galaxy, and Dark Samus is just looking for more stuff to infect.
You can defintely justify the villians joinging for the sake of being evil another day, but I don't think we can rule it out completely.

I mean we already know characters like Dracula have joined Gallem's side. So it's possibly Gannon and Ridley did too. Personally I'd rather that, it would make facing then a bigger deal, but I'm not expecting it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I get home to Marvel talk

Slow day eh boys

I hope you don't consider irrelevant characters like Isaac, Banjo, and Geno as being more deserving than an iconic enemy like Piranha plant. Now a new Zelda character I can get behind.
You cannot be ****ing serious lol
I plan to main Piranha Plant but are you deaf to one of the biggest messages of this game?
Notice how almost every pick for this game has been fan requested to a decently high extent. You're gonna act like "irrelevancy" rules out Isaac, Banjo, and Geno, 3 of the most requested Smash characters EVER?
This is what I was talking about when I say even some PP fans have been bus-ing numerous other characters for no reason.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Chances are Bowser Jr. would had been among the newcomers in Ultimate. He probably doesn't require as much work as supposedly the Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
You can defintely justify the villians joinging for the sake of being evil another day, but I don't think we can rule it out completely.

I mean we already know characters like Dracula have joined Gallem's side. So it's possibly Gannon and Ridley did too. Personally I'd rather that, it would make facing then a bigger deal, but I'm not expecting it.
Its interesting that :ultkrool: was swayed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
K Rool is definitely evil, but I don't think he's destroy the world evil. He'd have nothing to rule, and no Kongs to kill.
What he's done is pretty darn low though. Purposely stealing bananas so the Kongs could starve. Pretty evil if you ask me.

Once that failed he decided to kidnap his nemesis, something that took Bowser 20 years to decide to do!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like how we can all just now call characters like Banjo, Geno, and Isaac "irrelevant" still after Richter's reveal, Isaac becoming an AT again and having an actual voice actor and when Piranha Plant got announced.

I'm pretty sure nobody would be saying this had he not been announced as a bonus fighter.

Pakky

Smash Hero
K Rool is definitely evil, but I don't think he's destroy the world evil. He'd have nothing to rule, and no Kongs to kill.
No bananas no treasure... NO OUTFITS!!!!!

He is a pirate so, makes sense though seeing fight with :ultdk: would be great.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought Dracula, Galleom and the bosses were controlled like the characters were.

It's real hard to imagine Balder working for that thing.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

This reminds of the fact that this is basically the place where Kirby crashes in the World of Light trailer.

My new fan theory is that in Smash For, the characters were looking for new recruits to help them against the menace that is Galleem.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I like how we can all just now call characters like Banjo, Geno, and Isaac "irrelevant" still after Richter's reveal, Isaac becoming an AT again and having an actual voice actor and when Piranha Plant got announced.

I'm pretty sure nobody would be saying this had he not been announced as a bonus fighter.
>:( BUT TOTS HES A FREAKING SIDE CHARACTER!!! AND B&K ISN'T POPUALR ANYMORE AND GS IS A DEAD FRANCHISE!!!
Sorry, just, that stuff kinda gets me in relation to Smash.

D

Deleted member

We also have Punisher.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When you guys really get down to it. King K. Rool is a more successful villain in his schemes then Bowser has ever pulled. Helps that he's smarter too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Have we not learned that the relevancy argument is irrelevant?

Even when the characters chosen are relevant (:ultincineroar:), it's the fighter potential that pushes them over the edge into character territory.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I thought Dracula, Galleom and the bosses were controlled like the characters were.

It's real hard to imagine Balder working for that thing.
True

:ultbayonetta: papa NO!!!!

Balder: YES (Possessed by M.Bison)

When you guys really get down to it. King K. Rool is a more successful villain in his schemes then Bowser has ever pulled. Helps that he's smarter too.
He's like Eggman Smart which is terrifying...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Bowser wanted he could probably pull off some wicked schemes, but he's too in love with Peach too bother.

K Rool's mad genius doesn't have time for princesses, he's got some Kongs to take out.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

Richter was irrelevant prior to his reveal. He has nothing to do with Isaac, Banjo, or Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom