• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Knowing Sakurai. Could be one of his ways of trolling with "Sike! We were gonna add Golden Sun representation anyways!"
Knowing Sakurai? Has he ever done something like that?

Usually his "sike" moments are cleared up within a few seconds, and people then use "Sakurai is a troll" to try and justify a conspiracy theory about him having some sort of masterplan. Remember when people thought he was just trolling by implying Riddles was a stage boss in 4?

Double K

Smash Lord
Knowing Sakurai. Could be one of his ways of trolling with "Sike! We were gonna add Golden Sun representation anyways!"
God, this whole "Sakurai trolls people XD" is a stupid meme

Guys, he's an actual game dev. They may put things in as a joke, but they never put something in a high profile project like this, solely to "troll" people, since that's a PR disaster

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Bro, you really think they would add Matthew over Isaac when he comes from a much less popular game?
They wouldn’t add Matthew over Isaac unless they’re planning on making a sequel game to Dark Dawn.

Edit..

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Does he have any actual precedence for this though? The closest thing I've seen happen is Robin over Chrom, but that's... stretching it compared to Matthew over Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Nearest one to me became a barber shop as far as I remember. Which is kind of odd as it had started as a barber shop beforehand as well.
I gotta check around then to see if there are any others.
Nice thing about it being MLP is that it's a wide appeal mega franchise, so lots of different places will probably carry it. I hope you can find it when it comes out! :)

Alright, back on topic. Has Vergeben corroborated Hitagi's recent claims at all?

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I’m getting really hopeful for my most wanted as DLC now! Hearing that it’s a sword user not from FE or anything makes me excited! Magnus doesn’t use a sword, but I can see someone mistaking it as a sword! He’s not an assist trophy this time :’( and there hasn’t been a Magnus Mii Costume discovered yet! It’s making me excited, but I doubt it’ll happen

TriggerX

Smash Ace
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Takamaru?file=Takamaru_-_SSB4.png

If what Hitagi says is true, and this is a Nintendo character not from FE, Xeno,or LoZ, then my money is on Takamaru a dragalia lost character, or Samurai Goroh from Fzero. There arent too many sword characters that are worth looking at. And yeah, we got that pirahna plant which a lot of people seem to think opens the flood gates for other generic type characters to join the fray. Personally I think the plant is a one off, and we wont see another character like this.

-Takamaru from the mysterious castle might be someone to look at. Dont know much about this character, but he was a costume previously.
And we have yet to receive a "retro" character this time around.

-Dragalia Lost has a lot of potential simply because of talks with Cygames and the marketing potential. It would be a good chance financially to boost sales on a mobile game that is actually current and could use the publicity.

-Samurai Goroh, well he technically has a sword. And being a veteran series I am surprised it is so under represented.

Depending on how you want to interpret "Nintendo picking the characters", I think Sakurai still has some kind of say in the matter. How the selection may differ from the past is that 1st and 3rd party characters werent brought to them, rather they knew what characters they wanted before hand.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

If what Hitagi says is true, and this is a Nintendo character not from FE, Xeno,or LoZ, then my money is on Takamaru a dragalia lost character, or Samurai Goroh from Fzero. There arent too many sword characters that are worth looking at. And yeah, we got that pirahna plant which a lot of people seem to think opens the flood gates for other generic type characters to join the fray. Personally I think the plant is a one off, and we wont see another character like this.

-Takamaru from the mysterious castle might be someone to look at. Dont know much about this character, but he was a costume previously.

-Dragalia Lost has a lot of potential simply because of talks with Cygames and the marketing potential. It would be a good chance financially to boost sales on a mobile game that is actually current and could use the publicity.

-Samurai Goroh, well he technically has a sword. And being a veteran series I am surprised it is so under represented.

Depending on how you want to interpret "Nintendo picking the characters", I think Sakurai still has some kind of say in the matter. How the selection may differ from the past is that 1st and 3rd party characters werent brought to them, rather they knew what characters they wanted before hand.
Assist Trophies buried your list ecept for Dragalia

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I’m getting really hopeful for my most wanted as DLC now! Hearing that it’s a sword user not from FE or anything makes me excited! Magnus doesn’t use a sword, but I can see someone mistaking it as a sword! He’s not an assist trophy this time :’( and there hasn’t been a Magnus Mii Costume discovered yet! It’s making me excited, but I doubt it’ll happen
What? That's clearly a giant greatsword.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

You do realize Takamaru and Samurai Goroh are assist trophies right?

In b4 assist trophies can be promoted.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If he does get announced as a DLC character then maybe in an upcoming Direct we’ll get a new Kid Icarus game announced. I know Sakurai said he wasn’t going to make one, but someone else could be.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's Bandana Waddle Dee, but in a shocker. He's in to support a new Kirby game where he uses a sword instead of a spear.

Millions of his fans cry out in agony at once.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's Bandana Waddle Dee, but in a shocker. He's in to support a new Kirby game where he uses a sword instead of a spear.

Millions of his fan's cry out in agony at once.
I'd love that. Who cares if it isn't with a spear, we'd get a new Kirby character! That would be so cool IMO.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If an Assist Trophy got promoted to a playable fighter within the same game, I'd want off this crazy ride.

I can't go through another "Please Shadow, you can make it." phase.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
You do realize Takamaru and Samurai Goroh are assist trophies right?

In b4 assist trophies can be promoted.
Nope,lol I did not realize that. Yup I definitely should have looked at that. None of em really jumped out at me during the presentation I guess. Thats my bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Watch Hitagi be right and the character is something nuts like Morpho Knight.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What? That's clearly a giant greatsword.
They're probably confused by the Magnus Club, a weapon in the club category that Pit can wield which looks exactly identical to Magnus's Sword.

There's another "club" that is actually a sword called the Hewdraw Club though, so I don't think KI:U weapon classes are to be taken to literally. It's kind of like how in FE, a hammer is classified as an axe.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Most of OU meta is wall breakers
Who?
Medicham?

Maybe I've been out the game a little while.

But like aren't things like Mega Metagross and Lucario still banned? While Ash Greninja is legal?

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo picks some characters and then Sakurai decides if they can be made into Fighters.

Which of course is weird to me considering he made the DuckHunt dog a fighter, so I don’t see why it would be too hard to make any character playable. I feel like Nintendo would have to try really hard to find a character Sakurai couldn’t work with..

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imma need more Splatoon remixes released (especially the ones with Squid Sisters singing)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll say it again.

Unless and until someone provides a source, the "Hitagi said it isn't from Fire Emblem or Zelda" rumor is completely unsubstantiated.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo picks some characters and then Sakurai decides if they can be made into Fighters.

Which of course is weird to me considering he made the DuckHunt dog a fighter, so I don’t see why it would be too hard to make any character playable. I feel like Nintendo would have to try really hard to find a character Sakurai couldn’t work with..
This might not mean much but there have been situations where he couldnt make a character work. We have balloon fighter, mach rider and heihachi, so there is definitely precedence for this.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Verge said not to trust spawn waves sources cause he backed the grinch leak, but spawn never backed the grinch leak lmao what is he on about?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
>Hitagi says there were some negotiations about Katalina, but something might have changed
>Says a sword user from a first party game not Zelda/Xeno/FE is in
>Nintendo picking the DLC might mean some sort of promotional picks
>DL is a massive success

This smells of Euden from a mile away.
Considering Dragalia Lost is like a month old, I highly doubt this would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom