• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Reminder that if Katalina gets in Smash (Which I think it's sort of unlikely), she will be the second character in Smash that appeared in a Platinum Games developed game with the second character being Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What's this about a sword user now? Someone mind getting me caught up with what's being discussed here?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I mean if Zelda, FE AND Xenoblade are not the series this guy is from then things get REAL interesting. I kinda hope that's the case.
Yeah that would be wild because there aren't really any options that aren't ATs.

Having FE/XB in the pool makes it interesting though, as much as I wouldn't want another FE sword and XB literally just adds Elma at this point.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Reminder that if Katalina gets in Smash (Which I think it's sort of unlikely), she will be the second character in Smash that appeared in a Platinum Games developed game with the second character being Bayonetta.
... I mean all of the Starfox characters precede her AND Bayo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In the game it’s classified as a club. The “Magnus Club” as it’s called can also be used by Pit! An almost melee exclusive weapon, the only real projectile it has is a short wave like projectile not unlike those the Ragnell (Ike’s sword) produces!
The Magnus Club is actually just a magic replica of Magnus's actual sword, Magnus himself isn't able to produce those shockwaves.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What's this about a sword user now? Someone mind getting me caught up with what's being discussed here?
Hitagi claimed that one of the DLC characters is from Nintendo and is a sword user.

Based on his past claims, it seems like that character is not from Zelda (which he straight up said no more Zelda characters), Fire Emblem (allegedly, we haven't found a source yet) and Xenoblade (allegedly, idk where the source for this is).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Snake had a cameo in MGR iirc

Also Star Fox Zero

Roberk

Smash Champion
No FE or Xenoblade are just rumors, all Hitagi said is that it's a Nintendo sword-wielder that he can't recognize. Though I feel like it'd be pretty easy to recognize an FE lord at this point with Heroes (and basic Googleing) and I can't imagine a Xenoblade sword-wielder that he wouldn't recognize being a significant enough character to get in. It all comes down to this guy's knowledge of Nintendo when it comes to narrowing down a pick.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
I'm sure this has already been said but...

I heard a rumor that may get additional free dlc in addition to the dlc pack. Which could explain the phone game character being free as promotion and may mean echoes like Shadow and Dixie getting in eventually. That would be amazing. I'm fine with any dlc character as ling as it's free. The 5 fighter pack characters need to be fan favorites, well known, or highly unique imo. But if this rumor is true that may just happen!!

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hitagi claimed that one of the DLC characters is from Nintendo and is a sword user.

Based on his past claims, it seems like that character is not from Zelda (which he straight up said no more Zelda characters), Fire Emblem (allegedly, we haven't found a source yet) and Xenoblade (allegedly, idk where the source for this is).
Hmmm, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an FE character honestly, I think Sakurai knows people are sick of swordsmen from that franchise already. I'm very curious if they're not from Xenoblade though, cause otherwise I'd immediately come to the conclusion that it would be Elma.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Been away from DLC speculation and i don't feel like going back and reading, someone give me a quick run-down of what's been happening.
Based on Vergeben and Hitagi there DLC Fighters are

A Bandai Namco Rep (Hitagi accidentally let this slip to Graizen Graizen )
A Square Rep (We aint sure who)
Steve
A First Party Rep with a Sword who isnt from Fire Emblem, Zelda, or Xenoblade
Possibly Katalina but he is still flip flopping around on it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Unrelated but man

I need to finish my anime backlog because talking Smash is getting some ideas of fighting games in my head and I wanna pen out the concept for the Magical Girl fighter.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sbk97

I neeed to play as my Symphogears
Well we got Braixen in Pokken and boy oh boy, is fighting her a pain in the ass.

Double K

Smash Lord
Well we got Braixen in Pokken and boy oh boy, is fighting her a pain in the ***.
Yes, but I want like a full magical girl anime fighter

I wanna punch through **** with Hibiki
I wanna shoot out blades of magic energy with Prisma Illya
I wanna use rainbow magic with Cure Black and Cure White
I don't care but it'd be cool to use Homura time magic

D

Deleted member

I don't even **** with that series but this dude would be hype
I swear to ****ing Christ I will give you a Mother 3 ROM and whatever emulator needed with the English Translation Patch for you to play the greatest game Nintendo has ever put out.

This guy is from Mother 3. "Masked Man." DON'T SEARCH HIS NAME BECAUSE BIG SPOILERS.

AKA The Greatest Game Nintendo Has Ever Put Out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sure this has already been said but...

I heard a rumor that may get additional free dlc in addition to the dlc pack. Which could explain the phone game character being free as promotion and may mean echoes like Shadow and Dixie getting in eventually. That would be amazing. I'm fine with any dlc character as ling as it's free. The 5 fighter pack characters need to be fan favorites, well known, or highly unique imo. But if this rumor is true that may just happen!!
Honestly this just sounds like wishful thinking to me. Characters are a lot of work and I don't think they'd want to give too many unique ones for free. Even echo fighters take more effort then a lot of people probably give them credit for. Honestly I think Piranha Plant is going to be our only freebie here.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the Hitagi leak just does not appeal and does not make sense.
Why a sword user that is not Zelda, Xenoblade or FE? That would make no sense for DLC really.
I doubt the Hitagi leak is real.

Double K

Smash Lord
Did I find someone else that wants Homura in Smash?
I actually don't like Madoka Magica, but for an anime fighter, Homura would be cool. I'm more into stuff like Symphogear.

Also Star Butterfly would be ****ing rad.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I swear to ****ing Christ I will give you a Mother 3 ROM and whatever emulator needed with the English Translation Patch for you to play the greatest game Nintendo has ever put out.

This guy is from Mother 3. "Masked Man." DON'T SEARCH HIS NAME BECAUSE BIG SPOILERS.

AKA The Greatest Game Nintendo Has Ever Put Out.
NGL the fandom of Mother 3 has messed with it for me, and I already know the storyline and the spoilers

But you are very kind Tots

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don't even **** with that series but this dude would be hype
I don't want you to get spoilers on him because it's a 12 year old game but here's kind of what he can do:

- swordplay (it's kinda like a lightsabre)
- conjure lightning bolts
- PSI/PK powers
- ****ing FLY

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey so what was up with that toy gun Sakurai got

My guess is that Sakurai got it for something minor and only mentioned it because he thought it was cool, yet we Smash fans, being as obsessive and over analytical as we've always been, just read way too far into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom