• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't want you to get spoilers on him because it's a 12 year old game but here's kind of what he can do:

- swordplay (it's kinda like a lightsabre)
- conjure lightning bolts
- PSI/PK powers
- ****ing FLY
He can also be the best brother in the world lol

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
PS All Stars is shutting its Severs down (if its been mentioned before i got a headache and dont remember)
I just got an email notice about this. Kinda stinks as I didnt HATE the game and still dont got all the trophies..
However it still can be put into online multiplayer via LAN connection..

D

Deleted member

I don't want you to get spoilers on him because it's a 12 year old game but here's kind of what he can do:

- swordplay (it's kinda like a lightsabre)
- conjure lightning bolts
- PSI/PK powers
- ****ing FLY
The Franklin Badge is still an item in Smash Ultimate.

I would like to not break down into tears while I have the badge on while facing him, so no thanks on Masked Man, actually.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Based on Vergeben and Hitagi there DLC Fighters are

A Bandai Namco Rep (Hitagi accidentally let this slip to @Graizen)
A Square Rep (We aint sure who)
Steve
A First Party Rep with a Sword who isnt from Fire Emblem, Zelda, or Xenoblade
Possibly Katalina but he is still flip flopping around on it.
Whelp there goes Banjo. If Verge is involved, he'r right then.

Well guys I guess the speculation is all over then. It was fun while it lasted though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it's not a Fire Emblem character, and if it's not from Xenoblade... who does that leave?

There is a possibility, and I'm just thinking here, that Felix from Golden Sun could be that "outside swordsfighter", which would be absurd since Isaac was the central character of Golden Sun... yet, for some strange reason, when Isaac was revealed, they didn't say "Golden Sun series", they just said "Golden Sun", as if it was just that one game. But, Felix did play a somewhat larger role in the story as a whole since you play as him in The Lost Age, and if you played the original game, you would understand his motivations, as opposed to Isaac, who was originally cast as the standard "Here's the guy you control, he's got the personality of a baked potato, and it's up to you to make sure he saves the world. Somehow" type of character RPGs tend to do.

I dunno... it could be some character from a failed Satelliview or Nintendo Power prototype.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I swear to ****ing Christ I will give you a Mother 3 ROM and whatever emulator needed with the English Translation Patch for you to play the greatest game Nintendo has ever put out.

This guy is from Mother 3. "Masked Man." DON'T SEARCH HIS NAME BECAUSE BIG SPOILERS.

AKA The Greatest Game Nintendo Has Ever Put Out.
Imagine Emily Rogers was actually right about Mother 3 (Make it the trilogy plz) but just late and Nintendo is doing a crossover with Smash lol?

Hell, Masked man could even be the "Gun" sakurai was using as a model (even though 3 years ago seems like a stretch for DLC...)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The Franklin Badge is still an item in Smash Ultimate.

I would like to not break down into tears while I have the badge on while facing him, so no thanks on Masked Man, actually.
omg I didn't realize that

...especially if Masked Man has a thunderbolt attack

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD

Steve
I think Katalina is German/Swahili for Shrek, so...

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Thanks, don't worry about it and..

:'*HAPPY BIRTHDAY \(^0^)/*';

I'll agree on everything you wrote today XD

No no no, Jin would be the most perfect choice, absolutely the best X)
Pics you say, sure thing :)
Oliver:

Evan:

Ohh, Edelgard sounds so cool, this is probably the greatest idea ever. You're nailing it XD

That's how I thought too, free space. As I have no clue who'll fill that.

Rayman would definitely be better than Steve.

Last, please have a very very pleasant day O/

Thank you buddy, unfortunately I spent the day sick with vertigo ha. So sorry for my late response I just had not been feeling well :(.

Lol its ok you don't have to agree with everything well maybe just Edelgard ha jk. In all seriousness I enjoy seeing your opinion and its very informative as you know much information I do not. Plus having someone debate my picks is interesting as it helps me see flaws in my arguments. Thats the fun part of speculation, the debates ha. You know for some odd reason Oliver and Evan remind me of Studio Ghibli, maybe its the art style. And I love the the Hayao Miyazaki films so Im down ha.

Yeah I honestly have no idea who could go in that free space, though if Hitagi leaks are correct and there is no Nintendo characters. Perhaps a Bethesda rep or Rayman? It Hitagi is to believed we might get Rayman and Steve which would be pretty cool.

And whats your opinion on the following songs?

God of War

Abandoned Memories- I could see a remix of this playing in Luigis Mansion

Dragon Quest 11 Battle Theme- Not gonna lie I don't like it :/, please link some good Dragon Quest music

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thank you buddy, unfortunately I spent the day sick with vertigo ha. So sorry for my late response I just had not been feeling well :(.

Lol its ok you don't have to agree with everything well maybe just Edelgard ha jk. In all seriousness I enjoy seeing your opinion and its very informative as you know much information I do not. Plus having someone debate my picks is interesting as it helps me see flaws in my arguments. Thats the fun part of speculation, the debates ha. You know for some odd reason Oliver and Evan remind me of Studio Ghibli, maybe its the art style. And I love the the Hayao Miyazaki films so Im down ha.

Yeah I honestly have no idea who could go in that free space, though if Hitagi leaks are correct and there is no Nintendo characters. Perhaps a Bethesda rep or Rayman? It Hitagi is to believed we might get Rayman and Steve which would be pretty cool.

And whats your opinion on the following songs?

God of War

Abandoned Memories- I could see a remix of this playing in Luigis Mansion

Dragon Quest 11 Battle Theme- Not gonna lie I don't like it :/, please link some good Dragon Quest music
Late happy birthday my guy!!

D

Deleted member

I actually don't like Madoka Magica, but for an anime fighter, Homura would be cool. I'm more into stuff like Symphogear.

Also Star Butterfly would be ****ing rad.
We just need an anime fighter that consists entirely of characters from various magical girl franchises, and then throw Star in there as the American magical girl. It'd be perfect.

Starbound

Imagine Emily Rogers was actually right about Mother 3 (Make it the trilogy plz) but just late and Nintendo is doing a crossover with Smash lol?

Hell, Masked man could even be the "Gun" sakurai was using as a model (even though 3 years ago seems like a stretch for DLC...)
Does Masked Man have a gun?

I mean he's basically a swiss army knife so I wouldn't be surprised

I been knew Starbound! I've been spoiled on 3 for years. But I do appreciate you doing that.
I'm just laughing at the irony, no worries.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Does Vergeben saying he trusts the person inherently mean that the person's word has the credibility of Verge?

Also, don't you just LOVE it when posts you personally like get lost in the shuffle?

D

Deleted member

Steve
Considering the Grinch Leak made me very disappoint, I think this is a realistic lineup. At which case, I'll probably hazard a guess:

*Heihachi Mishima (Presumably using recycled audio lines, given that he was also voiced by the same CV as Incineroar)
*Likely Dragon Quest character, due to easier licensing for music and more familiarity with the style of Akira Toriyama
*Eh, I'd prefer an actual character, but... you gotta take castor oil sometimes
*This one's the really strange one. If it's not these, and it can't be Dragalia Lost, then perhaps it has to be Felix from Golden Sun, since he is First Party, uses a Sword, and would be from a new universe.
*Who knows how this'll turn out?

I'm still hoping that Echo DLC will happen as 2019 and 2020 rolls around as an optional spending bonus, given how slapdash the new echoes have been.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I watched an entire playthrough of Mother 3 because I knew it was Japan exclusive and I thought i'd never get my hands on it.

Then I found the English translation, after I watched the Let's Play and learned all the secrets...

1497638722042s.jpg

D

Deleted member

Fun Fact: The following new Donkey Kong remixes are as follows.

Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr. Medley
Gang-Plank Galleon
Bonus Room Blitz / Simian Segue

So, already beats out whatever Smash For brought and is really aiming for Brawl's throat.
God bless K. Rool's return so we could have more amazing DK remixes.

NOW CAN WE HAVE A ****ING WARIOWORLD REMIX, SAKURAI???

D

Deleted member

Yet, he won’t fully vouch for Hitagi’s pucks, not even Steve. Merely support Minecraft content of some kind and Steve is probable based off that, but not certain.
Verge actually talked about Steve again recently on GameFAQs. Granted, it was in a more speculative manner, but he kinda hinted that Steve being a character might actually be legit because of how DLC is working this time.

Double K

Smash Lord
We just need an anime fighter that consists entirely of characters from various magical girl franchises, and then throw Star in there as the American magical girl. It'd be perfect.
Tag fighter

Hibiki has a 2-frame super armor rush on wakeup, Star has a multhit assist that extends combos

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Gang-Plank Galleon

So, already beats out whatever Smash For brought and is really aiming for Brawl's throat.

The soundtrack never wins until Stickerbrush Symphony comes back

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Does Masked Man have a gun?

I mean he's basically a swiss army knife so I wouldn't be surprised

I'm just laughing at the irony, no worries.
Yup he has an arm cannon lol.

I'd assume mainly a sword user with a few canon/psi based moves. And if you know Mother 3 then it makes perfect sense why he'd be another optimal Smash character.

He'd probably also be much easier to make over someone like Porky, considering there are several arm cannon users already in the roster and several characters his stature.

Anyway for me it's a dream I don't like to think about haha. Masked Man would be such a killer addition to the game.

D

Deleted member

I watched an entire playthrough of Mother 3 because I knew it was Japan exclusive and I thought i'd never get my hands on it.

Then I found the English translation, after I watched the Let's Play and learned all the secrets...

View attachment 177705
Just, uh...

Do yourself a favor and don't google the unused content.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Gang-Plank Galleon

I appreciate how it's all from the first game.

I'm sure DKC 2 and 3 have awesome songs, but i've only played the first one. So these songs are more personal to me.

Starbound

Holy **** a Mother trilogy game in HD would be hype

And Nintendo will only make 4 copies.

for the world.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I love how I was just catching up one person to what they missed since the final direct, and now everyone is replying to it. lol

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I was going over the music tracks for Dragon Quest. And pardon my ignorance on the subject, but is there some very great music tracks they would include if a Dragon Quest character got in? I went over Dragon Quest11's music and its just ok.

Im just curious based on the seemingly high confidence lately, that the Square rep will most likely will be a DQ rep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom