• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why does it matter that Yoshi isn't in a trailer? It's a ****ing commercial.
Yeah, I didn't get Ike fighting Palutena and you don't see me complaining.

Though come on, that would've been the coolest shot...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, if anything complain about the fact that Chrom isn't in it.

It's stopping me from being able to call it a Chrommercial.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>site update is a really barebones explanation of spirits
I expected nothing and I was still disappointed. :facepalm:

Edit: My bad, it was a couple days ago. It's still stupid to not post the recent commercial/ad on the English side though.

I'm questioning why my boi doesn't seem to be a higher priority in Smash promotion than he is
And they STILL didn't give him a blog post yet...

I assume it's the extreme violence. Even in No More Heroes, a Japan-made game, or several modern Fist of the North Star games, the international versions get blood and violence, while the Japanese version (for No More Heroes, at least) has characters exploding into black dust.
Yeah, that makes sense. In that case, an MK character in Smash will be an impossible dream at this stage.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the character trailers, where who's in relies on two factors.

1. Who makes sense (DK in K Rool's, Samus in Ridley's, Little Mac in Incineroar's)
2. Whoever Sakurai likes (Mega Man and Mario in Ridley's, Dedede in K Rool's)
Speaking of trailers, it's rather odd that the only place where DK uses his boxing gloves at all was for a reference in K. Rool's trailer. Maybe we would have had that as an alt if they had more time, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh hey we reached thread lucky no. 7s.

Okay **** it, since I couldn't get another post here, let me claim this thread in the name of the King of Chaos, DEMI-FIEND
1541113786501.jpg

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
But Soren isn't in Awakening.

:lick:
Ah, but Feniriraga.

Soren works only for Ike.

So that means he's not the best tactician anyone could ask for, because you might as well not bother asking for him.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah, if anything complain about the fact that Chrom isn't in it.

It's stopping me from being able to call it a Chrommercial.
A post worthy of page 7777.

NA-NA-NA-NA !

Chromgratulation

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I like how you presume that my issues stem from that one commercial, when my problems stem from the totality of the promotion.

"Why does it matter that one of the most popular and recognizable characters in video game history is left out? You should be GRATEFUL?!!!"

I have every right to question it.

Double K

Smash Lord
Yeah, that makes sense. In that case, an MK character in Smash will be an impossible dream at this stage.
Could also be that despite its significance to the industry, MK is largely in the modern gamer's mind, not nearly as important. It has a heavy place in EVO, but I'd imagine that if you're going to get a significant fighting game rep that isn't SF, a safer bet would be Guilty Gear for anime fighters, or Virtua Fighter.

EDIT: Also the reason MK is significant to the industry is not for a reason the industry likes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like how you presume that my issues stem from that one commercial, when my problems stem from the totality of the promotion.

"Why does it matter that one of the most popular and recognizable characters in video game history is left out? You should be GRATEFUL?!!!"

I have every right to question it.
But he's in the game.

And I never said you had to be grateful, but complaining about a character not appearing in ads is just kind of silly, especially when none of it will matter when the game comes out in a few weeks, and you can play as Yoshi from the get go.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Hopefully posting on a good page. Im not sure what to talk about now though. I got to play a match yesterday and it was fun and doesnt seem like much to speculate on

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Page 7777? Four quadruple characters for a lucky spin, so gamble on everyone you want.
i better see some ninja gaiden, killer instinct, and doom i swear

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Could also be that despite its significance to the industry, MK is largely in the modern gamer's mind, not nearly as important. It has a heavy place in EVO, but I'd imagine that if you're going to get a significant fighting game rep that isn't SF, a safer bet would be Guilty Gear for anime fighters, or Virtua Fighter.

EDIT: Also the reason MK is significant to the industry is not for a reason the industry likes
Speaking of the latter, Virtua Fighter is stone dead, so GG seems like the next logical step. Or King of Fighters.

I'd like to believe in Akira though.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
The Grinch leak was pretty lucky with its 7 characters to have so many coincidences going for it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But he's in the game.

And I never said you had to be grateful, but complaining about a character not appearing in ads is just kind of silly, especially when none of it will matter when the game comes out in a few weeks, and you can play as Yoshi from the get go.
He's simply annoyed that the dino keeps getting the shaft in various ways, like being at the butt end of EVERYONE IS HERE, his FS being among the last ones to be revealed, etc. It may not seem like much, but to fans of the characters, it is insulting.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But he's in the game.

If their not giving my boi any attention in promotion leading up to release relative to his actual recognition and influence, why should I (or anyone else for that matter) expect the same in-game, which if the Story Mode trailer is anything to go by, seems to be the case...

Double K

Smash Lord
Who are you guys gonna pick as a secondary character? I'm personally going to try Roy.
I'll fiddl around for a bit, but the ones I'm looking at are PP, Snack, Nintendo Entertainment Super System, LOOK IN THE CLOUDS and FOR THE 1000000TH TIME SEARCH MY TWITTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom