• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wonder how appealing a new FE character would be? I didn't DL Corrin in 4.
I guess Steve is meant to appeal for MC fans not Smash core fans.
I personally don't expect any more FE characters at all, but there are still a lot of people who want more.

Remember, controversial =/= unpopular. Corrin, especially female Corrin, was actually a very popular character overall, even despite having a vocal hate base among both the FE and Smash Bros communities.

D

Deleted member

>people genuinely wanting Steve
You know, knowing this board's luck at affecting causality, something tells me we'll probably have neither him nor Banjo, and just wind up with someone completely different.

At least Microsoft and Rare are still around. I don't know what'll happen to Earthworm Jim. :(
CLIPPY
Helps out!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We need more than 1 new Nintendogs remix...obviously

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm just saying that a fair bit of what those two had going for them is the nostalgia, or at least it seems that way. I didn't really want Simon, and that's probably because I wasn't even born when Castlevania was popular.
Well you're...you're wrong?
Both had FAR more than nostalgia going for them

And even if that were the case there is a very distinct difference. B&K has been defunct since 2008 and has 3 games.
Castlevania's a ****in' behemoth that keeps raging on
K. Rool is...a first party

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Does "a spellcaster who casts magic without a tome at the cost of her health, with higher health forfeiture leading to higher damage output, who specializes in fire and light magic" sound good to you? :p
No.
Sorry, don't try me with FE charcaters. They're the least favorite in Smash for me.

D

Deleted member

This Banjo drama reminded me that i was born the same year as Godzilla:Final Wars, and how we had to wait 14 years to see the King Of The Monsters back to decent territory (With the 2014 movie), and 16 to finally see Toho bringing him to glory with Shin Godzilla (on 2016).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just saying that a fair bit of what those two had going for them is the nostalgia, or at least it seems that way. I didn't really want Simon, and that's probably because I wasn't even born when Castlevania was popular.
Were you born in like 2010 or something? :confused:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Give the thanks to Roy's genes, not Chrom.
True, Roy looks fantastic in Ultimate, but I never saw the counter yet. But Jesus, Mid-stage of Hyrule Castle 64 against an F-tilt around 100% That's pretty nice.

Hello police why is Nekoo using a Chrom icon and not Sora
Had a Chrom icon then an Hyde from UNIEL before using Sora before E3 lmao- Just wanted to go back to my fav first party being in.

While I wait for the Square-Enix rep to be announced. DW, Sora will be back :4pacman:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I personally don't expect any more FE characters at all, but there are still a lot of people who want more.
Remember, controversial =/= unpopular. Corrin, especially female Corrin, was actually a very popular character overall, even despite having a vocal hate base among both the FE and Smash Bros communities.
For one who don't know or care much about Fire Emblem, that wasn't my reason. I didn't download anything beyond Ryu, and even that I was hesitant about. (yes, that does include Bayonetta too). Actually, I thought Corrin was the coolest FE charcater, but just didn't feel I needed that download, so I skipped.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I love Fire Emblem but I'm not enthusiastic to see another rep for it.
I really wanted Black Knight but he's an AT. So besides that there's no one who could plausibly get in that I want.

D

Deleted member

Looking at some footage, it looks like the Zero assist trophy also uses Ryuenjin in addition to Hadangeki. Pretty cool.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Castlevania's a ****in' behemoth that keeps raging on
K. Rool is...a first party
Given that, it'd be cool if characters like Goemon and Captain Syrup (just to give out examples, not saying they're immediately likely) can eventually have big enough fanbases drummed up to get them into Smash.

There's gonna be a big snowballing effect 10 years from now, I feel. All thanks to a barbarian and a croc.

D

Deleted member

I really need to stop typing before thinking. I'm sorry, I hadn't realized both had more than nostalgia going for them... :facepalm:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm fine with Fire Emblem characters as long as they bring something new to the table like Corrin...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My meter of "okay that's a little too much" would disagree with that notion.
But then I wouldn't be able to do a three character Squad Strike with my three favorite lords.

Ari plz

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Given that, it'd be cool if characters like Goemon and Captain Syrup (just to give out examples, not saying they're immediately likely) can eventually have big enough fanbases drummed up to get them into Smash.

There's gonna be a big snowballing effect 10 years from now, I feel. All thanks to a barbarian and a croc.
With how many big first/third parties are being eliminated that's plausible.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wonder how appealing a new FE character would be? I didn't DL Corrin in 4.
Well, you have:
-Hector = Big armoured Tank character with an giant axe
-Celica = Uses a sword and magic like Robin, but without a Tome(when you don't include FEHeroes) and the cost of health
-Fjorm = Uses a Lance, ice magic that can shoot out giant ice crystals like Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon and make a defensive barrier that can absorb magic and use it to enhance her own damage
-Veronica = Uses Dark Magic. Can also use Staves. And her shtick in her game is forcing characters to do her bidding, so some semblance of controlling opponent's movements or messing player's controls?
Then you have 3 of the main characters in the next game not using swords, with one using an axe, one using a lance and one using a bow.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Break Free (Lead the Way) and Kass’s Theme confirmed for Smash Ultimate

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But then I wouldn't be able to do a three character Squad Strike with my three favorite lords.

Ari plz
IF IT AIN'T SIGURD THEN IT'S ABSURD

Actually in all seriousness there really is too much FE if Sakurai himself mentions it. Add another clone to it, well that just sentiments the thoughts of others further. I mean, Chrom obviously stole Dixie Kong's echo slot.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know. I have to be honest.

People keep saying "well he's an axe user" but...how is that really gonna set any axe user apart from a sword user like Ike?
I think people undersell Hector by just calling him an axe user.

He's a big cursed thunder axe user. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom