• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
Personally if we get a new FE Rep for DLC it will be either Sharena or Edelgard and i can see valid arguments for either
if we get a fire emblem or mobile game character i am really hoping they make it unique and not just a blue haired or blonde sword character. Alphonse from FEH euden from dragalia and katalina from granblue all seem boring to me. edelgard could be fun with an axe, magic and sword from what we saw from the first trailer

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
for some reason i am really hoping for a lot of platforming animals for my characters, after springman isaac and waluigi got deconfirmed now im really hoping for banjo, rayman and crash for our DLC

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm not gonna lie. Nintendo wanting to use Yoshi's Crafted World as a promotional tool would be the best case scenario for me :yoshi:
And who could object to a playable Poochy? Or another canine fighter? Well, apart from :ultincineroar: of course

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
if we get a fire emblem or mobile game character i am really hoping they make it unique and not just a blue haired or blonde sword character. Alphonse from FEH euden from dragalia and katalina from granblue all seem boring to me. edelgard could be fun with an axe, magic and sword from what we saw from the first trailer
Sharena has a fun and unquie weapon that could make for an intrestingh Smash playstyle

Sharena_Skill.png

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Likely:
1 - Dragon Quest seems very likely to be where this mysterious new SE rep comes from. Especially now that we know Nintendo is picking the DLC.
2 - Protagonists are usually chosen first when adding a new franchise into Smash, and Erdrick is DQ's most iconic hero. Heck, he apparently won some sort of poll for favorite character back in 2010: https://nintendoeverything.com/japa...choose-their-favorite-game-monster-character/
3 - If Dragon Quest doesn't receive a generic "DQ" as the series' symbol, I think it'd be the one pictured below.
This symbol is associated with Erdrick. Not only does it appear on his equipment, but it's also used in various DQ merchandise and whatnot.
It's very likely that it'd be used as DQ's Smash symbol, and since it's literally Erdrick's mark...
4 - I remember hearing that DQ3 was Sakurai's favorite Dragon Quest game. Guess who happens to be the protagonist of that game.

Unlikely:
1 - It's very possible that the SE rep isn't from Dragon Quest.
2 - There's a chance that Slime would be chosen instead (which would disappoint me greatly). It's the only thing that those unfamiliar with the franchise recognize.
3 - It's possible that Eight or the Luminary will be chosen instead (but I honestly wouldn't mind that at all. I just want an actual DQ character).
4 - I doubt Erdrick got many votes on the ballot (this might not matter too much, though).
I think Erdrick would be the character chosen and the series icon would be a Slime.

D

Deleted member

Hi Everybody!
I'm sorry about yesterday, I will stick to Smash discussion from now on.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not gonna lie, Ruins of Ark Polaris makes me kind of hope we get a Splatoon DLC character just so we can get a Salmon Run stage. And an obligatory OP Flyfish stage hazard.

D

Deleted member

Is the scrambled wishlist thing still going? I have a few more that you could try:
Ribbon Cat
Marauder
Bowtie Club

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not gonna lie, Ruins of Ark Polaris makes me kind of hope we get a Splatoon DLC character just so we can get a Salmon Run stage. And an obligatory OP Flyfish stage hazard.
We could get Octolings as a semi-clone like Lucas and Isabelle. Chargers and the Splatbrella haven't been implemented yet, so I think there's enough material left for a unique character.

Although, I don't know how likely that is for DLC, especially since the Inklings are already newcomers who can promote Splatoon 2. I think we might have to wait until the next Smash before Splatoon gets more representation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know who i’d Like to see that are next to impossible

Wonder Red and Alex Roivas. One is from a combo heavy action game that would be easy to develop, the other is a first party Nintendo survival horror character. That’s just, really unique.

The problem is they don’t have enough recognition to sell dlc. So if they’re not on the main roster, it’s no go.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

for some reason i am really hoping for a lot of platforming animals for my characters, after springman isaac and waluigi got deconfirmed now im really hoping for banjo, rayman and crash for our DLC
Rayman is a vegetable, wait no... a thingamajig!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Damn, so walking through, well, any patch of grass really, is considered animal cruelty, to the grass? Huh.
People keep joking about plants in response to this. All I can say is “Yeah, but Piranha Plant”

Applying science to that thing, to move the way it does, it has to at least have a nervous system. Which is more animal than plant. It might also have an actual digestive track instead of the facsimile that actual Venus flytraps have. It’s like a sponge. It looks like a plant, but is actually way more animal than you would think.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
We could get Octolings as a semi-clone like Lucas and Isabelle. Chargers and the Splatbrella haven't been implemented yet, so I think there's enough material left for a unique character.

Although, I don't know how likely that is for DLC, especially since the Inklings are already newcomers who can promote Splatoon 2. I think we might have to wait until the next Smash before Splatoon gets more representation.
Yeah, a semi-clone Octoling could be a thing, given how much of Splatoon's weaponry is still not part of a moveset. I can also see it happening because everyone thinks that Octolings would be an echo: so many people were thinking the same thing for Isabelle, and look how that turned out.

While I agree that Nintendo might not have a big need to promote Splatoon 2, especially as they're now winding down support for the game, Splatoon's success makes me think they could throw in another character just out of recognition. I have no doubts that they'd sell well and pure sales will be just as important as promotion - if not more so - for this round of DLC.

I'd also like an Off the Hook tag-team fighter a la :ulticeclimbers:, but that's definitely more of a pipe dream

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hey, here's more comment from Hitagi himself- well hum...

Asked about Katalina's news.
Ya alot of people have been hitting me up recently about that news. Various youtubers or people who claim to be youtubers want to do like a discussion on it but I'm probably not going to.

As far as Katalina, I haven't really been on top of keeping up with it but as far as I remember things were looking good so we'll see
Asked about his opinion on DLC/Rumored Characters
Pretty cool I guess. The only characters I ever cared about, Marth and Rosalina, are already in the game, so I don't really care who's in the game. And besides, DLC is just gonna make a **** ton of money for Nintendo because the characters are pretty cool themselves I guess
Source

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I started playing Dragalia Lost and please tell me these characters get more interesting because they better if they wanna step it up and get into Smash one day.
Elisanne kind of does though it's only bits and pieces. She and the other secondary cast members and the dragons also do get stories that you can acquire by building them up, which helps in making them at least a bit more likeable.

Euden is still rather vanilla though. His relationship with his siblings (especially his twin sister) may go somewhere since that dynamic is the most unique thing about him, but right now I'd say most of the cast is stronger then him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey, here's more comment from Hitagi himself- well hum...

Asked about Katalina's news.

Asked about his opinion on DLC/Rumored Characters

Source
Geese make up your mind. First the talks are going good, then they fell through, then they’re good again! Oy vey.

Oh well. I actually like the idea of Katalina. I’m not a fan of her series at all, but seeing what she does, she looks like she would play well and be a welcome addition to my arsenal.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Geese make up your mind. First the talks are going good, then they fell through, then they’re good again! Oy vey.

Oh well. I actually like the idea of Katalina. I’m not a fan of her series at all, but seeing what she does, she looks like she would play well and be a welcome addition to my arsenal.
No one said the talk fell through. Just that everyone should stop Panicking because the talk COULD have fell through

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What’s with the talk about mobile characters now, did Verg say something?
Where have you been the last few months with the rumors regarding Katalina from Granblue possibly making it into Smash?
Yeah, I'm kinda glad that she was brought up in the rumor mill, that way I could see how fun of a character she could be...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No one said the talk fell through. Just that everyone should stop Panicking because the talk COULD have fell through
Arg. I wish leaking weren’t a thing. At first I was glad it existed because it felt like people got to know who was in season passes before the company revealed all of them so they could make educated purchases. But now it’s just a bunch of guesses and a practical 007 game of corporate espionage and talking to “sources”. It’s a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom