• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Not having a demo is going to be a grave mistake, they have an all new online system and they don't want to test it out?
Yeah, this amazes me. The Smash 3DS demo was a Club Nintendo thing, this time could be a Online Subscribers thing. Nintendo missed the opportunity

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Reps" aren't a thing that distributed to companies. Monster Hunter don't have anything to do with Mega Man or Street Fighter and actually it would be easier for them to add a character from it, since apparently MH creators are willing to work with Sakurai's team.

Not me.
That's True, I Guess.
That's Fine. Because it's a new page I'm gonna repost the question for other people: Anyone else here a furry?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sure a few of you saw this, but I just found it myself. Thought it was funny.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know who i’d Like to see that are next to impossible

Wonder Red and Alex Roivas. One is from a combo heavy action game that would be easy to develop, the other is a first party Nintendo survival horror character. That’s just, really unique.

The problem is they don’t have enough recognition to sell dlc. So if they’re not on the main roster, it’s no go.
SHUT UP WONDER RED ISN'T NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE HIS GAME IS THE BEST SELLING GAME OF ALL TIME RIGHT?

Also I'm considering getting Tales of Symphonia after remembering it's on PS3, any Lloyd fans want to sell me on the game?

D

Deleted member

I just realized Pokemon Let's Go is the perfect example of why you don't "save the best for last". At that point, you've already lost many potential customers that they won't be convinced by one thing no matter how big it is. I dunno, just something this fanbase should keep in mind.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just realized Pokemon Let's Go is the perfect example of why you don't "save the best for last". At that point, you've already lost many potential customers that they won't be convinced by one thing no matter how big it is. I dunno, just something this fanbase should keep in mind.
I think we better see how well it does before coming to conclusions about its marketing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"BUT THE LAST ONE MIGHT BE MY FAVOURITE!"
The people who are thinking this likely went "WHAT OLIMAR?", "WHY SHULK?!" and especially "I HAVE ****ING HAD IT WITH THESE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS AND THIS WITCH"

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
He's basically more different than the numbered semi-clones we have. It's weird.

* A decent number of them
Dont get me started on how this Echo branding makes no sense...

I miss just calling them clones and semi-clones.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What’s wrong with Let’s Go...as a human who doesn’t Pokémon?

D

Deleted member

I was thinking last night, picturing the whole roster in my head. And I realized something.
Everyone in Smash, every single character, deserved to be in. Even Lucina, Dr. Mario, the other Links, and Bayo. They all deserved it.
I hope that everyone else can have the same epiphany sometime.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dont get me started on how this Echo branding makes no sense...

I miss just calling them clones and semi-clones.
It doesn't make much sense but it prevented the hate against the clones significantly, so I'm not going to complain.

I was thinking last night, picturing the whole roster in my head. And I realized something.
Everyone in Smash, every single character, deserved to be in. Even Lucina, Dr. Mario, the other Links, and Bayo. They all deserved it.
I have it all the time. It's called watching the "Everyone is Here" and "World of Light" repeatedly.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's appealing to the Pokemon GO players, instead of the hardcore players... That being said, they promised that next year's Pokemon Game will be mainline, so that's shushing down the community a bit
Except Dark Pit /s

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
People don't like that its the most hand-holding, safety belty, newb friendly game in the franchise, and that it uses Pokemon Go mechanics in a "core" game. That's what you'll hear.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Tbh now that you mention it I still find it super surreal that Dr. Mario made it into Smash 4.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Tbh now that you mention it I still find it super surreal that Dr. Mario made it into Smash 4.
Yeah, I remember being a bit surprised to see him pop up in the leaks...
Even him. Every Character. EVERY Character. Just go through the roster in your head, everybody. Think about it.
I was joking... I had /s by the post for a reason

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's appealing to the Pokemon GO players, instead of the hardcore players... That being said, they promised that next year's Pokemon Game will be mainline, so that's shushing down the community a bit

Except Dark Pit /s
People don't like that its the most hand-holding, safety belty, newb friendly game in the franchise, and that it uses Pokemon Go mechanics in a "core" game. That's what you'll hear.
Ah...well atleast they get to have a main game in a year while LG can be used for introducing new players to the series or something
Even him. Every Character. EVERY Character. Just go through the roster in your head, everybody. Think about it.
Dark Pit got in due to not liking Palutena having her own trailer and attention...he stole a spot from Magnus since he didn’t want to be alone with Viridi...all the truth

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It'd probably be easier to list the things that's right about it, which are Meltan, a few of the character designs and swole Meltan.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have and I think that's stupid.
Characters don't "deserve" anything.
Whether they should be in is up to ones' personal taste

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know, I have read some comments regarding characters likely for DLC, and well, I'd like to take a look at Monster Hunter again and take a shot at it.

+There's many MH games that have been on Nintendo systems, the latest one being MH Gen Ultimate from this August (well technically earlier in JP under the name XX (Double Cross))
+We already got Rathalos in the game as a boss and AT, and likely a stage that looks like Ancestral Steppe.
+We already have playable Capcom characters in Smash via Mega Man, Ryu and recently Ken, so it's safe to say another Capcom character in Smash is perhaps possible as DLC.

Neutral: It might be good for marketing "if" another MH game is being announced or coming on the Switch soon.
Neutral?: The series is highly popular in JP; not sure how popular it is in the West. But similar to the above, this could improve marketing in JP, I think...?
Neutral: MH was been a playable character in MvCi, not that it matters at all, except what to think of what a possible moveset could look like.
Neutral: Smash 4's Rathian/Rathalos Mii costumes.

-Sadly not a commonly wanted character, though that probably doesn't matter much since Nintendo's picking the DLC.
-Similar to above, MH is a character very likely to be overshadowed by other choices.
-Considering each DLC is a bundle of a character, stage, and music (I think?), we technically already have the "stage", at least I assume the place where Rathalos is seen in is a stage, there'd have to be another MH stage, which is not likely to happen at all.

I may give MH's chances 40-50%.
Sorry if some info is wrong or not. It's my first time doing one of these things, plus it seemed like something I could participate in. Plus as one who wants MH to be playable, I'm really hoping that this character was chosen. At this point, I probably give MH's chances better than KI Medusa, unless Sakurai bias is still around.
World just did over 10 million worldwide and Generation Ultimate opened to 'robust sales' according to Capcom despite being a late port, so it's probably relatively not too far off in popularity in the west as it is in Japan nowadays.

As for Ancestral Steppe, since it's not an actual stage currently maybe it could be repurposed, though I could see them forego it for something from World as well.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I didn't know what that meant. I realize now that it meant sarcasm (right?) but I had a bit of a brain waft if you get what I mean.
Oh yeah, you're a bit newish here... Sorry about that
Ah...well atleast they get to have a main game in a year while LG can be used for introducing new players to the series or something

Dark Pit got in due to not liking Palutena having her own trailer and attention...he stole a spot from Magnus since he didn’t want to be alone with Viridi...all the truth
It all makes sense now...

D

Deleted member

My wishlist for Crash music in Smash:

-Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot Warped)
-N. Sanity Beach
-Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back)
-Generator Room (Crash 1)
-Hog Wild (Crash 1)
-Cortex Theme (All trilogy in one)
-Sunset Vista (Crash 1)
-Hang Eight (Cortex Strikes Back)
-Bear It (Crash 2)
-Rock it (Crash 2)
-Toad Village (Warped)
-Road Crash (Warped)
-Tomb Wander (Warped)
-N.Sanity Beach (Crash Twinsanity)
-Neo Cortex/Mecha Bandicoot (Twinsanity)
-Humilliskate (Twinsanity)
-Cortex and the Elementals battle (Wrath Of Cortex)
-Crash Bandicoot Dance (Japanese Song)

Note: the Warped theme includes the themes from all the bosses who appear there if my idea for a Warproom stage becomes a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom