• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
You know, Galeem wiping out all life from the galaxy in the trailer was basically the same thing as Halo.

beans

Smash Lord
Hey, didnt ALL the Dream Allies got datamined.
I pretty sure we already have all their names and know how many waves we getting

Bionichute

Smash Champion
That'd be gravy, I just need to know if Magolor, Prince Fluff and Elline are in there.

At least Kirby stuff is easier to guess, there aren't that many noteworthy characters left to add there.
oh do you not know who the last three characters are? because they were leaked a long time ago

Iridium

Smash Hero
How did I manage to miss 67 pages that quickly? What are we talking about this time?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I don't think that characters aren't ONLY chosen for their advertisement potential. There's bound to be a couple characters on that list that Nintendo just thought would make a good character and Sakurai was like "yeah okay that sounds cool"

definitely not shilling for elma
You mean to tell me Piranha Plant wasn't chosen so more Nintendo fans would know about the niche Mario series?

beans

Smash Lord
Them and the Mages, that's the info i got. Was pretty no duh.
Thats isnt really confidential info, its public knowledge basicaly.
Someone datamined tha game after the first Dream Friend update, thats how we got the names

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
oh do you not know who the last three characters are? because they were leaked a long time ago
Yeah, Wave 3 is supposed to be Magalor, Taranza, and Susie.
Them and the Mages, that's the info i got. Was pretty no duh.
Aw, well at least I got 1 out of 3.

How did I manage to miss 67 pages that quickly? What are we talking about this time?
Politics, N64 Mini rumor, Geno and one user's divisive taste for waifus.

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Is Wario A Libertarian" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,
wut?

The fact that it got over 12000 pages is kind of silly, because I don't think any Mario character bar a select few are well characterised enough (in that specific way) to pin down a singular Political leaning.

We can have an idea about Wario's opinion on Economics ("money in my pocket is good, more money is better"), but not enough about anything else political Wario may or may not have an opinion on.

Like, what is Wario's opinion on Immigration? Education? Separation of Church and State? Gun Control? Drug Control? Government Control and Surveillance?

Who the hell knows? I don't even think he'd care about most of that stuff until it directly effected him anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The wily vs eggman for president debate is pretty simple if you ask me.
Eggman’s best robot is, what, Metal Sonic? The robot that betrayed him in sonic heroes and is constantly getting dismantled?
Wily on the other hand created Zero, who’s just really ****ing cool. Plus wily and zero are both assist trophies, while I don’t see a metal sonic or eggman assist trophy anywhere.
#VoteWily

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Thats isnt really confidential info, its public knowledge basicaly.
Someone datamined tha game after the first Dream Friend update, thats how we got the names
Eh, I am pretty sure my friend may be just relaying me already leaked info at this point to look cool.. I just roll with it cuz otherwise he's a cool dude and i dont really follow that kind of leak stuff.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
After 11 hours in an iron maiden for making me look dumb for trusting his intel, he's recovering just fine.
Being fair to your source, maybe s/he saw the piranha plant video and assumed that it was in game content instead of DLC.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The Digimon Adventure anime made Agumon try to count some numbers, but he have just 3 fingers
Looks like he is giving the finger kkkk

caa711cd101c7a311e07bc97fab7c4240ee8d9e91adddbde859319422777e11c.jpg

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
wut?

The fact that it got over 12000 pages is kind of silly, because I don't think any Mario character bar a select few are well characterised enough (in that specific way) to pin down a singular Political leaning.

We can have an idea about Wario's opinion on Economics ("money in my pocket is good, more money is better"), but not enough about anything else political Wario may or may not have an opinion on.

Like, what is Wario's opinion on Immigration? Education? Separation of Church and State? Gun Control? Drug Control? Government Control and Surveillance?

Who the hell knows? I don't even think he'd care about most of that stuff until it directly effected him anyway.
I hate to ruin your fun, but the thread never actually existed. It was a joke by some guy and it got repeated over and over until all Google search results for it resulted only in people talking about it like it was real.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
wut?

I'm going ape****

beans

Smash Lord
I hate to ruin your fun, but the thread never actually existed. It was a joke by some guy and it got repeated over and over until all Google search results for it resulted only in people talking about it like it was real.
Thats a really big keikaku
Was the OP joke guy the grinch leaker?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Sure thing. I'll say though, it seems heading DQ side more.

Umm, so say it's 6yrs from now. Last actual Goemon game was 2005. That'd be 20yrs! Who'd know he even existed then? Personally, I'd never give up on Goemon no matter what, it's not my IP however. Thanks for your engouragement nevertheless :)

Well every line has the bad and good, I'm pointing solely at the good ones.
I looked it up, looks amazing. Didn't know it even existed, so thanks.
I'm a Bomberman fan too btw. I think you'll find better tracks in B64 despite Hero being the better at gameplay.

Here's the playlist of all
sigh. so I went to link you the tracks I love then I got lost in'em. I wanted to pick the bests for you but it' was so hard. I love every single one of them. That's the thing about Goemon tracks. Yeah I'm having a hard time picking from 68 tracks.
If you have the time and want to try going through them in quick skips I'll link you. If you don't, give me a number and I'll try my best to pick from those according to your number.

Btw, are you a fan of DragonBall subbed or dubbed?
Time will tell I can see why people would believe its a Dragon Quest character, but we will see. I just really hope the rumor its Slime is not true. They should give that spot to Erdrick, Jade or the hero from DQ11.

I still think its Sora though, especially because Disney is going to do an event with Nintendo to promote the Nintendo Switch. It seems right now both Disney and Square have been very buddy like with Nintendo. The timing of everything for me personally, is making too much sense.

Hmm, why don't we make this bet more interesting if you are willing. If I lose I will change my profile picture for one week to the Dragon Quest character that made it in. If you lose you have to change your profile picture to Sora for one week. If we both lose and Geno or another Square rep make it in then we both have to change our profile picture to character that made it in for one week.

Ah thats the spirit buddy, I actually believe he has very high chances next Smash. Even if it takes a while to get here, it will still be epic when it comes. Yes the Stained Glass room is incredible I would say its one of Spain's most exquisite sites. Hmm I haven't heard those songs before Ill have to check them out.

Ah if you find those Goemon tracks send me them or even send me a playlist. Tell you what why don't we do it this way. Choose your top 5 favorite game music songs that have not been shared yet. You can choose to have all Goemon songs or mix it up. And I in return will share my top 5 game music songs that have not been shared yet.

I watch both Dub and Sub. For all of Dragon Ball Super I watched subbed. That being said I really Sean Schemmel's and Chris Sabat's performance of Goku and Vegeta. So if I had to choose, I would say I prefer dubbed.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Time will tell I can see why people would believe its a Dragon Quest character, but we will see. I just really hope the rumor its Slime is not true. They should give that spot to Erdrick, Jade or the hero from DQ11.

I still think its Sora though, especially because Disney is going to do an event with Nintendo to promote the Nintendo Switch. It seems right now both Disney and Square have been very buddy like with Nintendo. The timing of everything for me personally, is making too much sense.

Hmm, why don't we make this bet more interesting if you are willing. If I lose I will change my profile picture for one week to the Dragon Quest character that made it in. If you lose you have to change your profile picture to Sora for one week. If we both lose and Geno or another Square rep make it in then we both have to change our profile picture to character that made it in for one week.

Ah thats the spirit buddy, I actually believe he has very high chances next Smash. Even if it takes a while to get here, it will still be epic when it comes. Yes the Stained Glass room is incredible I would say its one of Spain's most exquisite sites. Hmm I haven't heard those songs before Ill have to check them out.

Ah if you find those Goemon tracks send me them or even send me a playlist. Tell you what why don't we do it this way. Choose your top 5 favorite game music songs that have not been shared yet. You can choose to have all Goemon songs or mix it up. And I in return will share my top 5 game music songs that have not been shared yet.

I will listen to both Dub and Sub. For all of Dragon Ball Super I watched subbed. That being said I really Sean Schemmel's and Chris Sabat's performance of Goku and Vegeta. So if I had to choose, I would say I prefer dubbed.
Where's the Slime rumor from?

KMDP

Smash Legend
You didn't ruin my fun at all.

You made me glad people weren't stupid enough to actually argue about such a thing for so many pages.

Although people have argued for years about things about that inane so I wouldn't have been surprised (link to related Fact Fiend video).
Secondary link to a Fact Fiend video about people arguing over a photo of a cow for weeks.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman

I will listen to both Dub and Sub. For all of Dragon Ball Super I watched subbed. That being said I really Sean Schemmel's and Chris Sabat's performance of Goku and Vegeta. So if I had to choose, I would say I prefer dubbed.
Disney hasn't really been buddy buddy with Nintendo lately.

Nintendo World is part of Universal. The Mario movie is made by Illumination, their biggest competitor and the only things they're really doing together right now are likely part of a TV deal that hasn't run out on Disney Channel.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
You didn't ruin my fun at all.

You made me glad people weren't stupid enough to actually argue about such a thing for so many pages.

Although people have argued for years about things about that inane so I wouldn't have been surprised (link to related Fact Fiend video).
Secondary link to a Fact Fiend video about people arguing over a photo of a cow for weeks.
I doubt thered be much debate, i mean look at poor Yoshi! He gets one Audit and now he's an Ancap for life :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Disney hasn't really been buddy buddy with Nintendo lately.

Nintendo World is part of Universal. The Mario movie is made by Illumination, their biggest competitor and the only things they're really doing together right now are likely part of a TV deal that hasn't run out on Disney Channel.
Important thing right here
Nintendo's buddy buddy with ILLUMINATION, Disney's competitor.

D

Deleted member

Hey, didnt ALL the Dream Allies got datamined.
I pretty sure we already have all their names and know how many waves we getting
Kinda. We still don't know what's up with...

Hyness and the Mages. Signs are pointing towards playable, but no one's really sure how it fits in with the last 3 Dream Friends.

So, anyone here playing the old Smash games before Ultimate comes out? I've been playing 3DS throughout the year, and I would like to do a SSE run in Brawl before Dec. 7th if I can find the time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom