• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Important thing right here
Nintendo's buddy buddy with ILLUMINATION, Disney's competitor.
And Nintendo give Right to Disney to do Switch family show, and the EVO smash right.

It's not a world of Black vs White or Good vs Evil-
You can make a deal with company A without Company B hates you.

Except if you're called Sony with Nintendo :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I'm planning to play some Smash 64. :)
Nice. I wanna play some Smash 64 and some Melee before Ultimate comes out as well. All the games in the series hold up super well, and playing all of them makes the final month wait more bearable.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
And Nintendo give Right to Disney to do Switch family show, and the EVO smash right.

Yeah but that was like over a year ago. Since then, Nintendo has made decisions directly with Disney's competitors. To call them buddies is a stretch is all I'm saying.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but that was like over a year ago. Since then, Nintendo has made decisions directly with Disney's competitors. To call them buddies is a stretch is all I'm saying.
Disney also used Mario music on Disneyland this year.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Disney hasn't really been buddy buddy with Nintendo lately.

Nintendo World is part of Universal. The Mario movie is made by Illumination, their biggest competitor and the only things they're really doing together right now are likely part of a TV deal that hasn't run out on Disney Channel.
Yes, you are right to an extent. Visitor's at EPCOT said they heard a remixed version of the Mario Kart melody that has not been heard anywhere before. It is very likely this will appear in Wreck it Ralph 2. We know Mario was referenced in Wreck it Ralph 1, so its highly possible he will appear in Wreck it Ralph2.

As for parks, this is due to the fact that Disney has its hands full with acquiring FOX. They are trying to implement many parts of Pixar and Marvel within its many parks. If it involved Nintendo, they would not have the time or resources to add them in. So Nintendo went with Universal, this does not mean the two company's are not in current good standing. And of course they will choose Illumination they just created a partnership with Universal they want to take advantage of that. If the timing of all of this had happened differently and Disney did not have it hands full. It may have led to Nintendo choosing to go with Disney instead of Universal. They obviously have a good relationship otherwise they would not be doing a collaborated contest that promotes the Nintendo Switch.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

One of their direct competitors characters appearing as premium DLC in their biggest game is a different case imo but still a valid point

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
But KHIII wasn't announced 10 years ago my man.

Actually, Square-Enix is just unlucky, never once they announced a project when "it just start".

The roots of their planning missmanagement comes back all the way back to the Fabula Nova Crystallis game trilogy with FFXIII/FF Versus XIII (XV)/ Project Agito (Type-0) and the first version of FF XIV. At first, everything went smoothly for the development of all of those titles but soon, FFXIII had to **** the bed and had disastrous internal problem with the engine. The team from both Versus XIII and Agito got pulled from their project to help quickly and continue the development of the game for like 2 years.
Then FFXIII was released, they all went back to work...Then came FFXIV.

Guess what? FFXIV 1.0 was a disaster too, and the team of Versus XIII and the Ex-member of FFXIII had to come and help fixing the game. During that time, Agito became Type-0 and it's development went smoothly, explaining why it went out normally. But a good part of the FF versus XIII team was still helping managing FFXIV. And another part went to help to end the FFXIII trilogy with XIII-2 and Lightning Return. Leaving a barebore team for Nomura to work with... Then they all were over and FINALLY. FF Versus XIII went full development and became FF XV and had a good start... But Nomura got pulled out from the project, replaced by Tabata who was kinda done since Type-0 to work on KH III who had a whole new engine...And guess what?
They ****ed up too, but instead of asking other team to help it, since Square-Enix probably would never want FFXV to get delayed AGAIN, they went to use Unreal Engine 4.

As for the Remake of FFVII, while it's announcement was a surprise for Nomura, it supposedly wasn't for Kitase, Hashimoto and others, and CyberConnect 2 were on the project and supposedly were working...Smoothly.
Until CyberConnect 2 **** the bed and Square-Enix thinks the quality of their product was awful, going back to 0 and doing FFVIIR in house.

Like really...It's not that Square-Enix are bad with announcement or anything...Maybe they're a bit too quick on the draw but to put it simple.

They're ****ing unlucky ever since FFXIII went it comes to development crisis. But hey- ever since that Engine change, KH III have no issue, and for playing the game like 6 times on Demo, it will look and play absolutely fantastically.
Im just hoping it runs well on a base PS4 at this point.

D

Deleted member

has sora ever actually shown up in anything besides kingdom hearts
-Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

-Free DLC summon in World Of Final Fantasy.

-Disney Infinity had the keyblade and a King Mickey skin for the Mickey figurine.

D

Deleted member

Correct me if I’m wrong but if Sora is DLC, eventually the license for him will expire and he’ll be taken off the store right?

beans

Smash Lord

That reminds me of the fact Nintendo basicaly created their rival.
Nintendo backed out of a deal of cd player with Sony to do a similar deal with Philips.
Sony got a really big hateboner with Nintendo cause of that and entered in the game market with the CD-Player of the deal.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Conker being Smash would be a bit bad, honestly.

I see two choices the Smash team will take: they go with the E-rated Diddy Kong Racing/Pocket Tales Conker, who not many people care about, or they go with Bad Fur Day Conker, but censor and tone him down and take out all the fun adult stuff, like getting drunk and pissing for an attack, making him boring.

---

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
has sora ever actually shown up in anything besides kingdom hearts
World of Final Fantasy.
Final Fantasy Record keepers.

One of their direct competitors characters appearing as premium DLC in their biggest game is a different case imo but still a valid point
Again. Nintendo isn't in competition with Disney? If that was the case, we wouldn't get a PARTNER DEAL with them this year about that Switch Game Show?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
With the Squenix rep..

If it's Sora, one of my IRL best friends will be over the moon as he was for Cloud, so I'll be able to be happy for him big time, as well as my friends like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and Nekoo Nekoo

If a DQ rep gets in I'll just be ****ing sad. I can muster some love for Slime at least, but that's really it. Actually I'd enjoy that Jade girl but that's really it.

If Geno's in, my entire life is complete.

So...I'm in a tough area!

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Ah yes Billy who fought for the Grinch Leak
Agree I would take it with a grain of salt, thats why I said rumor. I personally was not a believer of the Grinch leak so i understand your skepticism when it comes to him.

I extremely doubt it would happen as it does not make sense. Despite being one of the most famous characters, his move set would be heavily limited. Its more likely if Square chose a DQ rep it would be one of their new DQ characters and use it for cross promotion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
World of Final Fantasy.

Again. Nintendo isn't in competition with Disney? If that was the case, we wouldn't get a PARTNER DEAL with them this year about that Switch Game Show?
What I'm trying to get at is that it's curious that they're working with Illumination who directly competes with Disney. That's all.
Nintendo and Disney's hypothetical competition is the least of Sora's issues which is why I don't see this as a point to bring up.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
With the Squenix rep..

If it's Sora, one of my IRL best friends will be over the moon as he was for Cloud, so I'll be able to be happy for him big time, as well as my friends like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and Nekoo Nekoo

If a DQ rep gets in I'll just be ****ing sad. I can muster some love for Slime at least, but that's really it. Actually I'd enjoy that Jade girl but that's really it.

If Geno's in, my entire life is complete.

So...I'm in a tough area!
what if its Noctis?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Correct me if I’m wrong but if Sora is DLC, eventually the license for him will expire and he’ll be taken off the store right?
I recall people saying Disney would be fine with Sora in Smash (they also only use him after asking Square out of respect), but they didn't specify this licensing thing, which did happen with World of Final Fantasy and Thanos in Fortnite...

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
World of Final Fantasy.

Agree Nintendo and Disney hold a strong partnership, why would they want to jeopardize that by competing?

beans

Smash Lord
Sora showed up to my brothers wedding. Real nice guy but when he took a couple drinks the reception got awkward
It was weird, I was there when they called Riku to bring Sora home.
You never really seen something bizarre when you see Riku using the car key of his

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I recall people saying Disney would be fine with Sora in Smash, but they didn't specify this licensing thing, which did happen with World of Final Fantasy and Thanos in Fortnite...
And then Thanos snapped fortnite out of existance and became the best marvel hero of all time.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure if Sora would get in or not, but I'm not really expecting any Smash reveals at the VGAs. If Sakurai is telling the truth and DLC on the five characters hasn't begun, then I don't see how he could possibly have a new character ready to show off to the public in less than two months.

We probably won't hear anything until 2019. At least that's my prediction anyway.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yo- Noctis is in an okay game, but he have such a good moveset potential, y'all can't be serious about him getting in a tragedy.

Lightning however... :denzel:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Really the only character I need to worry about is Steve because I've gambled so much ego into him.

But the payoff will be worth it. :072:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom