• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
DEE EL SI PREDICTIONS!
Sakurai will go full anime and add the following iconic anime/manga characters
Goku, for his constant demand and influence
Astro Boy, the pioneer of anime
Luffy, from the best selling manga of all time
Naruto, for the iconic Naturo Run
Cutie Honey, for being the first female protagonist in a shonen (according to Go Nagai anyway) and because Sakurai wants to bump up the age rating significantly higher than Bayonetta could hope to
EDIT: Warning, don't look up Cutie Honey as it's pretty damn NSFW
Me: “Cutie Honey? I’ve heard some people talk about this, I’ll give it a shot.”

5 minutes into the first episode: “Never again.”

osby

Smash Obsessed
How did Piranha Plant receive the smash invitation

Does this specific one have a mailbox or did he just kinda ask Bowser to bring along someone other than his son and retconned children
He's like :ultridley: or :ultbayonetta:: he invited himself.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Wait, so what's this blue falcon thing you guys were talking about. Does it have a redesign or something?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He's like :ultridley: or :ultbayonetta:: he invited himself.
But, I like to think Ridley got really excited when he opened the letter and he packed his bags and drove his sedan to Smash HQ

Bayonetta yeah probably just invited herself

D

Deleted member

Wait, so what's this blue falcon thing you guys were talking about. Does it have a redesign or something?
Yes.
And some see the idea of Nintendo pulling something similar to the Luigi's Mansion 3 stuff with F-Zero as a possible thing.

I am one of those persons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
But, I like to think Ridley got really excited when he opened the letter and he packed his bags and drove his sedan to Smash HQ

How the heck would Ridley fit his bags in the car? He would have to strap them to the roof.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Yeah but like

How did Dark Samus get invited

This is a primal being that just wants to destroy and dominate everything. How're you just gonna walk up and go "Hey you wanna go fight the dog from Animal Crossing" and live?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
DEE EL SI PREDICTIONS!
Cutie Honey, for being the first female protagonist in a shonen (according to Go Nagai anyway) and because Sakurai wants to bump up the age rating significantly higher than Bayonetta could hope to
I would grumble that Kenshiro isn't in here, since Dragon Ball built upon the foundations that Fist of the North Star established.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm scared to ask...
Basically, you know how lots of games or anime try getting away with ridiculous fanservice by going "uwu it's symbolic" or "uwu she breathes through her skin"? Go Nagai goes "Oh no I was ABSOLUTELY horny" "Mr. Nagai doesn't that make that scene where Honey gets petrified disturbing as ****? Considering her friends then accidentally mol-" "Do not kinkshame me Mr. Interviewer" Side note, the original manga is awful.
Other side note, the reason I'm ok with Cutie Honey because if you admit you're doing shameless fanservice cause you were shameless then I respect that significantly more

To make this Smash related again, I'm curious why Galleon gets to return on a Shadow Moses arena but we don't get a Metal mother-Gear-****ing REX boss fight, that **** is probably the most iconic mech in gaming after all

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah but like

This is a primal being that just wants to destroy and dominate everything. How're you just gonna walk up and go "Hey you wanna go fight the dog from Animal Crossing" and live?
Uh... bring an offering, like brownies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Me: “Cutie Honey? I’ve heard some people talk about this, I’ll give it a shot.”

5 minutes into the first episode: “Never again.”
Oh god please tell me it wasn't Universe as that **** is garbage
I would grumble that Kenshiro isn't in here, since Dragon Ball built upon the foundations that Fist of the North Star established.
Honestly I was drawing blanks after Luffy, only reason I even remembered Cutie Honey is cause a friend linked me the full opening of Re:
Yeah but like

Dark Samus got resurrected by Dracula but severely weakened and sent her to Smash cause he wants to **** around with the Belmonts

D

Deleted member

K.Rool is in a way the Mariotehplumber of the DK universe.

He wants things the way he wants so, and destroys islands if anyone goes against his oppinions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Basically, you know how lots of games or anime try getting away with ridiculous fanservice by going "uwu it's symbolic" or "uwu she breathes through her skin"? Go Nagai goes "Oh no I was ABSOLUTELY horny" "Mr. Nagai doesn't that make that scene where Honey gets petrified disturbing as ****? Considering her friends then accidentally mol-" "Do not kinkshame me Mr. Interviewer" Side note, the original manga is awful.
Other side note, the reason I'm ok with Cutie Honey because if you admit you're doing shameless fanservice cause you were shameless then I respect that significantly more

To make this Smash related again, I'm curious why Galleon gets to return on a Shadow Moses arena but we don't get a Metal mother-Gear-****ing REX boss fight, that **** is probably the most iconic mech in gaming after all
Maybe they just couldn't negotiated the bosses. Like, as far as we know, Sonic still doesn't have a boss while Castlevania and possibly Bayonetta have.

D

Deleted member

DEE EL SI PREDICTIONS!
No Deku no buy
How did Piranha Plant receive the smash invitation

Does this specific one have a mailbox or did he just kinda ask Bowser to bring along someone other than his son and retconned children
Piranha Plant was always there in Smash, only now did it get a pot for it to be able to actually fight.
Other headcanons include:
-Chrom being invited after Robin and Lucina convinced Master Hand to let him in.
"I already have to drag him around for my FS, at least let him fight by himself."
"Fine fine. But you still have to throw him at people sometimes, I ain't inviting another one of you in."

-Dark Samus is just kinda there standing on the corner. No one knows who invited her or how she got there, all they know is that one day they noticed her and now imeveryone is too afraid too even ask because it doesn't seem like she's even alive.

-Dracula showed up one day because someone accidentally sent an invintation to the wrong address(looking at you, Kirby) so they had to call Simon to clean the mess up. Richter is there because the letter was addressed to "Belmonto" so now they just have two of them hanging around and this is why Kirby is no longer in charge of sending out invintations.

Samus, with her power suit destroyed, panting and dragging Ridley's body by his tail: "WHO THE **** INVITED RIDLEY!?"
Kirby, eating a cake on the other side of the room: "POYO!"
Samus, smiling because she could never get mad at Kirby: "You're forgiven, sweetie..."

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, seeing how people talk about driving, let's talk about how hypothetical additions get brought in.

Dribble & Spitz: Sakurai himself asks to be driven to Smash HQ. Once they arrive, he tells them to get out of the cab, because they're in.
Bandana Waddle Dee: Drives to Smash HQ using a car he managed to stash away from the Haltmann invasion.
Dixie Kong: Asks Funky to fly her there with his barrel airplane.
Rayman: Hitches a ride on Moskito.
Black Shadow: BLACK BULL!!

Last edited:

Donavitch

Smash Rookie
The space between what you say and what you mean
I was wondering this myself, and after a quick google search I came to the conclusion that this sadly amounts to nothing. Apparently, at the beginning of the World of Light trailer, the Blue Falcon had an emblem on its right side that people thought was new and possibly a hint at a new F-Zero game; however, it has been part of its design since Melee.

Which is a damn shame, 'cause god knows we need a new F-Zero.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No Deku no buy

Piranha Plant was always there in Smash, only now did it get a pot for it to be able to actually fight.
Other headcanons include:
-Chrom being invited after Robin and Lucina convinced Master Hand to let him in.
"I already have to drag him around for my FS, at least let him fight by himself."
"Fine fine. But you still have to throw him at people sometimes, I ain't inviting another one of you in."

-Dark Samus is just kinda there standing on the corner. No one knows who invited her or how she got there, all they know is that one day they noticed her and now imeveryone is too afraid too even ask because it doesn't seem like she's even alive.

-Dracula showed up one day because someone accidentally sent an invintation to the wrong address(looking at you, Kirby) so they had to call Simon to clean the mess up. Richter is there because the letter was addressed to "Belmonto" so now they just have two of them hanging around and this is why Kirby is no longer in charge of sending out invintations.

Samus, with her power suit destroyed, panting and dragging Ridley's body by his tail: "WHO THE **** INVITED RIDLEY!?"
Kirby, eating a cake on the other side of the room: "POYO!"
Samus, smiling because she could never get mad at Kirby: "You're forgiven, sweetie..."
I don't know what's better, Kirby being such a saint Samus no longer gets mad at the source of her PTSD or the vampire trivia you included about Dracula holy **** that's good

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Maybe they just couldn't negotiated the bosses. Like, as far as we know, Sonic still doesn't have a boss while Castlevania and possibly Bayonetta have.
As someone who hasn't played Metal Gear Solid 1 yet, would a REX fight even work in a game like Smash Bros? Isn't all its weaponry ranged, so in a game where most characters are up close and hitting it, that'd be kind of a problem design-wise?

So since Galleom is a design that's already been shown to work and is a mechanical being, it makes sense that he could be a Metal Gear stand-in for the Smash universe.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Whenever someone calls an anthropomorphic animal a waifu the first thing that comes to my mind is bestiality

promise me bro

Fat question for you does Heiachi shoot lightning?

Trying to think of a set for him.

I think if Namco is getting someone he's more likely than Lyold though both are in the lead.

Gil is trying but he might be too slow.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love the fact that World of Light has you actually go through Video Game worlds, that was one of my issues with Subspace.
Sure it's an overworld and not actual platforming levels but it's better than nothing.

D

Deleted member

How did Smash as a thing even start in-universe? IRL (or irl in-game I guess) they’re supposed to be dolls, but consider the animal crossing trailers it’s clear that the character actually are straight-up the characters from their respective games. What do they see master hand as then?

(also hey I got an avatar neat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom