• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, I'm genuinely curious, do people genuinely think Rayman is a popular character, want him in the game, or is a likely pick..or do people only think that due to the Rayman trophy and fake leak in Smash 4?

Nothing against Rayman, but I can't help but think he wouldn't be brought up much at all if not for the latter reasons.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
sorry, depressio happened

honestly if a dragon quest character, basically any, happens, this will automatically be a better dlc selection than 4 because i'll actually buy anything from it.

Donavitch

Smash Rookie
The space between what you say and what you mean
I just can't think of many more Nintendo characters that would create enough hype who haven't already been made Assist Trophies.
Y'know, as long as a character is well-designed, has some name value to him (even if he/'s from an upcoming game), and looks like he could be fun to play, people will get hyped, even if the character wasn't widely requested before. Happend to Incineroar, will happen again.

And Nintendo's vaults are deeeep, man.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So, I'm genuinely curious, do people genuinely think Rayman is a popular character, want him in the game, or is a likely pick..or do people only think that due to the Rayman trophy and fake leak in Smash 4?

Nothing against Rayman, but I can't help but think he wouldn't be brought up much at all if not for the latter reasons.
i can't really say anything about that because i've been a rayman fan most of my life and he's been a Big Want for smash ever since 4 got announced

at this point rayman fans will take anything

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I just can't think of many more Nintendo characters that would create enough hype who haven't already been made Assist Trophies.

I mean, personally what I would want would be Banjo, Rayman, Medusa, Lola Pop, and Feraligatr. But aside from the 2 third parties there, I think the majority of people just wouldn't care.
Matthew alongside the announcement of a Golden Sun 4

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Did Verge say the Square character was Noctis??? I would actually prefer Lightning at that point lol
no he's hypothesizing dragon quest but its still just a guess. it could be literally anyone from square at this point

well anyone reasonable. hitman probably isnt going to make it

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I think there's a lot going on in this image but I'm just gonna say Daisy is actually long since dead

AnD thAtS jUSt A ThEorY!1!!1

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

A lot of it is only really became of the leak. I call it the "Chorus Kid Effect". Rayman really isn't that big, just look at the sales and he is pretty much nonexistent in Japan.

The most likely platformer mascot for dlc is probably Crash.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

I mean, personally what I would want would be Banjo, Rayman, Medusa, Lola Pop, and Feraligatr. But aside from the 2 third parties there, I think the majority of people just wouldn't care.
I think that if we're going to have Nintendo DLC chars, would be chars related to new games, you know, advertising.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
A lot of it is only really became of the leak. I call it the "Chorus Kid Effect". Rayman really isn't that big, just look at the sales and he is pretty much nonexistent in Japan.

The most likely platformer mascot for dlc is probably Crash.
let us dream man

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone at my highschool knows Rayman.

The fact that he has a decent and functional mobile game still popular to this day also helps.

Heck, i’m not invested in the character, but somehow i managed to own every main title on the franchise. Even Rayman 1.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Forget Geno, just add Fat Yoshi instead.
Geno wont get in, Isaac wont get in nor any long requested character.

Its pretty clear this dlc wont catter to core fans and it will be more oriented towards what they want, current trends and upcoming trends.

As long as everyone have this clear, speculation should be more "fun wishing" rather than predicting what we are getting, Sakurai had to explicitly tweet that people dont get hopes up idk whats clearer than that. Now theres no excuse to believe otherwise, with the leaks was a bit different but right now who evers get "pissed" or "mad" their character didnt get in, is just a delusional blinded fanboy.

D

Deleted member

Yep. Is not cool to pay for advertising lol.

Hopefully, Nintendo knows that people are nostalgic and would buy anything for nostalgia, so I'm very sure that Banjo is part of the DLC.
People also thought that Crash would sell just for nostalgia.

And now he is as huge as CoD inside Activision.

But i have to be honest too, if we also count Blizzard on this, he is still pretty hype between their properties, but not as much as Warcraft or Overwatch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The fight isn’t over.

Don’t bring that theme here or i will give you the Bayonetta and Vergil torture.
Bayonetta is dead though

I think there's a lot going on in this image but I'm just gonna say Daisy is actually long since dead

AnD thAtS jUSt A ThEorY!1!!1
Daisy isn’t here to give ****s about anything other than who she’s gonna kill next

Well...that and being a caring and loving girlfriend to Luigi (unlike Peach)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yep. Is not cool to pay for advertising lol.

Hopefully, Nintendo knows that people are nostalgic and would buy anything for nostalgia, so I'm very sure that Banjo is part of the DLC.
Not every single consumer is nostalgic for 90s.

D

Deleted member

Geno wont get in, Isaac wont get in nor any long requested character.

Its pretty clear this dlc wont catter to core fans and it will be more oriented towards what they want, current trends and upcoming trends.

As long as everyone have this clear, speculation should be more "fun wishing" rather than predicting what we are getting, Sakurai had to explicitly tweet that people dont get hopes up idk whats clearer than that. Now theres no excuse to believe otherwise, with the leaks was a bit different but right now who evers get "pissed" or "mad" their character didnt get in, is just a delusional blinded fanboy.
Okay? I don’t see what any of this has to do with a joke about Fat Yoshi, but alright.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Not every single consumer is nostalgic for 90s.
I know, im not nostalgic too, in fact, im gettin' tired of the nostalgic wave of this decade.

But NES and SNES mini sales were good, we're living in the nostalgia era. (Not a good thing IMHO) so that's why I think Banjo is part of the DLC.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
My post from last night sorta got buried in the G&W arguments, so I’ll bring this up again.

Someone on the Smash Bros reddit pointed out that 5 of Dark Samus’ alts are based on the hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters. However, there’s no alt color based on Sylux.

This might not mean anything, as we don’t even know if Sylux will be in MP4, but it’s certainly something interesting.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Okay? I don’t see what any of this has to do with a joke about Fat Yoshi, but alright.
Oh im dumb, it wasnt to reply that fat yoshi thing lol. It was to reply another post, my bad!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Where is Vergaben?

Stuff is hot now, he's gotta say something.

Last edited:

Donavitch

Smash Rookie
The space between what you say and what you mean
I actually think that some people in this thread worry too much about Nintendo shamelessly using Smash DLC as a pure opportunity to do some major shilling for characters/franches nobody cares about.

They might not have the same motivations or preferences as Sakurai, but I can't remember an instance where they really f***ed people over with DLC from the top of my head. Seems like they have a pretty good track record with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom