• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Currently i am thinking that this is going to end up being the 5 DLC Charcters.
Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Heroes)​
Malmetal (Pokemon Go/Pokemon Let's Go)/ Gen 8 Representation​
Steve (Minecraft)​
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)​
Doomguy (Doom: Eternal)​
Could very easily end up being wrong but this is my prediction.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might repost my drawings on page 7500
nvm I don't need to

Last edited by a moderator:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
My DLC wishlist:
1. Geno
2. Shrek (I mean it)
3. Minecraft Steve
4. Another MOTHER rep, preferably Duster or Flint or Poo
5. Soldier from Team Fortress 2

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
But the Switch releases didn't sell poorly. Neither version sold poorly
> Sold only 50,000 copies on the Wii U in Japan in its first week, many times lower than the first game.
> Sold less than 10,000 copies in its first week in Japan Switch version.

Didn't sell poorly? She's not this popular character people make her out to be. She got popularized BY Smash in fact moreso than her own games. I can tell you first hand that many people played Bayonetta after she was released as DLC.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
bayonetta (and cloud) should never have been in smash tbh

if steve is happening though i will gladly take this back

Bionichute

Smash Champion
it could be worse. could have been lightning

or noctis

noctis is gonna be the square character isnt he

Bionichute

Smash Champion
noctis is hype killing. if verge is right and this happens the day before the game releases and its h*cking noctis then i can only imagine that will be real bad for everyone

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is who I predict based on the recent tweet from Sakurai.

1. The Square-Enix character
  2. Steve from Minecraft?
  3. Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X
  4. A Fire Emblem Three Houses Rep
  5. Another character from a Nintendo Franchise.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
The more i think about it, Jibyanan makes a whole bunch of sense in terms of Marketability as well as the 2020 Olyimpics are likely going to be heavily promoted in Japan in 2019 and 2020 and Jibyanan is one of the mascots alongside Pikachu. Jibyanan is hugely popular in Japan.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
if noctis gets in i hope his entire gameplay is holding a button and him automatically fighting, but also you occasionally have to drink a potion. you know to be accurate to the source material

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I predict there will thankfully be no FE characters. None of the characters in 3 Houses are unique enough to justify their inclusion.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
if noctis gets in i hope his entire gameplay is holding a button and him automatically fighting, but also you occasionally have to drink a potion. you know to be accurate to the source material
and having to revive Prompto again and again and again

...I may needed to have paid more attention to him during fights though

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I predict there will thankfully be no FE characters. None of the characters in 3 Houses are unique enough to justify their inclusion.
Do we even know enough about the characters' gameplay to say this?

corrin still made it in though
Because he was unique enough, actually.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
keep telling yourself that
Yes, I will keep saying the official word on how he got in.

Never mind he's extremely unique compared to the rest of the FE cast, of which only 3 characters were clones anyway. He's as close to a lancer we have gameplay-wise, but also is a full out dragon transformation character as a part of their main gameplay(not just a Final Smash like with Yoshi's).

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The more i think about it, Jibyanan makes a whole bunch of sense in terms of Marketability as well as the 2020 Olyimpics are likely going to be heavily promoted in Japan in 2019 and 2020 and Jibyanan is one of the mascots alongside Pikachu. Jibyanan is hugely popular in Japan.
They kind of failed to bring Yokai-Watch to the west so maybe him in Smash + Yokai Watch 4 on Switch could jumpstart it back to life.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yes, I will keep saying the official word on how he got in.
mm-hmm. suuuure.

They kind of failed to bring Yokai-Watch to the west so maybe him in Smash + Yokai Watch 4 on Switch could jumpstart it back to life.
i mean its not actually doing terribly? especially not in the uk, its doing insanely well over there somehow, the latest games were at the top of the eshop charts there last time i checked. it really is likely that we'll see jibanyan, but i could be putting my biases too far into it

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I pity the next generation of human beings...
Same
Yeah, how dare some folks be offended by a (certainly unintentional) racist stereotype! The nerve.

It's just kind of funny to me that people are offended about other people being offended by this. Frankly I applaud Nintendo for changing it. Progress, and such.
I don’t find complaining about anything people find to be racist or offensive (when it’s not) progressive at all. It’s like changing Mr.Popo from black to blue, Marvel forcing out minority/lgbt characters for extra comic book sales, or WWE going to Saudi Arabia after a murdering occurred

I can only find it progressive when there feels like a genuine purpose in fighting occurs (not as major as MLK, but still genuine)

I’ll leave it at that considering I don’t want to get worked into some sort of political debate...I just wanna talk Smash like a responsible growing human

so...Chrom sucks cause he ain’t Lucina, who is also Marth

D

Deleted member

I love how if a character has a counter as their down special it magically negates the rest of their moveset and they become a clone.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I love how if a character has a counter as their down special it magically negates the rest of their moveset and they become a clone.
it is the least interesting move possible though. i find it boring in other fighting games too

D

Deleted member

it is the least interesting move possible though. i find it boring in other fighting games too
I get what you’re saying, but if the entire rest of Corrin’s moveset is unique, which it is, calling him a clone of any sort is objectively wrong. This goes for Ike too, because I’m seeing him being called a Marth clone more frequently as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom