• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's all subjective. Think about it - if during the Wii U era all the DLC was based on promotions we would have gotten a lineup something like...

Elma, Captain Toad, Bayonetta, Yarn Yoshi, Corrin, Wonder Red

Are you going to tell me that's a bad lineup?
Nope, I think that's better than what we actually got, personally.

It is a subjective thing, I talked about that in my post. I was just sharing personal preference. :)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
As in TTYD Vivian? **** that nois

Make her playable instead alongside a TTYD Deluxe so I can finally play that stupid game
You know what, you're totally right

Also I feel really saddened by the lack of art featuring Link and Falcon about to do a midair joust after they had jumped out of their vehicles (you know since Falcon has the Blue Falcon and Link now has the Master Cycle Zero)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I love stages that can morph.
Whiny Voice: BUT YOU'VE GOT MARIO MAKER FOR THAAAAAAAT.
(also actual Stage Morph)
Worldwide lol thats not as good as you think
It really depends on the genre and budget.

But yeah, 400'000 is... not that great.
-------------------------------------------
This showed up in my Youtube feed, it was a pretty fun fight to watch.

beans

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
Anything new?
I heard youtube is coming to the switch tomorrow, is it legit?

400,000 is an actual abysmal sales number, even for a port
Is the Clover curse.
Any games made by Clover (basicaly Platinum Games when they worked with Capcom) will sell nothing despite how good they are.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Oh snap, was that Green?!

Not an exact match, but Red and "Leaf" have never been a part of the same story outside of the Manga. This is the first thing that's actually got me genuinely interested in Let's go, haha.

D

Deleted member

I'll just say that people sleep on Rayman a lot. I don't think I need to remind anyone he was the first 3rd Party represented from a company without a playable character with his trophy in Smash 4. Ever since then, Nintendo has been in bed with Ubisoft and they gave birth to Mario+Rabbids and we do have Rabbid Spirits in Ultimate. I'm very confident tha he's likely for DLC, specially if Nintendo made the character list.
besides, this way Sakurai can make him outrange the Belmonts and not have to wait for Springman become relevant for him to fill his reach powercreep fetish

D

Deleted member

I'm currently working on an actually updated version of the Everyone is Here trailer, I might post it soon.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So Sakurai confirmed yesterday that they finalized DLC and also said, in essence, "never ask me anything again."

Am I interpreting his tweets correctly? :p

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Whiny Voice: BUT YOU'VE GOT MARIO MAKER FOR THAAAAAAAT.
(also actual Stage Morph)

It really depends on the genre and budget.

But yeah, 400'000 is... not that great.
-------------------------------------------
This showed up in my Youtube feed, it was a pretty fun fight to watch.
I wanna be able to morph Mario Maker into a DIFFERENT MARIO MAKER

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Nope, I think that's better than what we actually got, personally.

It is a subjective thing, I talked about that in my post. I was just sharing personal preference. :)
Yeah, I was just expanding on your point. I thought it was good! Sorry about the confusion.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So Sakurai confirmed yesterday that they finalized DLC and also said, in essence, "never ask me anything again."

He also said that Nintendo themselves decided all the DLC this time, and people are taking that to mean the decisions will be more corporate and promotional.

D

Deleted member

Oh snap, was that Green?!

Not an exact match, but Red and "Leaf" have never been a part of the same story outside of the Manga. This is the first thing that's actually got me genuinely interested in Let's go, haha.
"Oh god what did they do to you, Lance?"
*Sees Giovanni*
"OOOOOH HELLO DAD"
*sees Blue*
"Really don't--"
*Red*
"OH MY--
*Leaf appearing outside of a playable character*
*With her manga design*
"MOTHER****ERS WHY DID THEY TOOK SO LONG TO SHOW SOMETHING ACTUALLY GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME"

D

Deleted member

I know that Mario Maker has a stage.

But i want even more morphing stages.

KMDP

Smash Legend
400,000 is an actual abysmal sales number, even for a port
400'000 sales is a sales figure you'd expect of an indie game.

Sakurai has selected who he's going to make, and essentially told fans that after this point feedback won't do anything until that batch of DLC is finished (which won't be until around February 2020).

No "never ask me for anything again", it's more "asking me now won't do anything".

P.Kat

Smash Champion
And here I am, hoping this news will finally be enough to get people to take the Champions more seriously.

I could be wrong, but I have this innate feeling that we didn't get a Zelda newcomer on the base roster because Nintendo penciled in one for DLC. Won't deny that it's nothing more than me trying to rationalize why a character I want could get in, but I think most people can agree that Nintendo promoting BotW isn't too outlandish.
Having Mipha, Urbosa or Revali would be amazing. But I also find myself wanting Tetra or Fi just as much as well. Yep I'm one of the few who unironically desires Fi as a playable character for DLC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ah...oof. Idk if I like the sound of that. Thanks.
What Mega Bidoof said is actually a little misleading (at least in the way he phrased it).

It's more that Nintendo gave Sakurai a shortlist of characters to select from, not that they told him which 5 characters to make.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think that characters aren't ONLY chosen for their advertisement potential. There's bound to be a couple characters on that list that Nintendo just thought would make a good character and Sakurai was like "yeah okay that sounds cool"

definitely not shilling for elma

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Can you imagine in fifty years when we're all old and gray and we're on our Moon condo with our grandkids and they just bought an iPad 38 and jailbroke it. And they ask you what they should play on their Nintendo Switch emulator and you say Smash Bros Ultimate and you sit down with your grandkids and kick their butts because you spent the last fifty years playing this epic game.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Can you imagine in fifty years when we're all old and gray and we're on our Moon condo with our grandkids and they just bought an iPad 38 and jailbroke it. And they ask you what they should play on their Nintendo Switch emulator and you say Smash Bros Ultimate and you sit down with your grandkids and kick their butts because you spent the last fifty years playing this epic game.
Then they will just say: "You mean you have to use your hands to play this game... ? That's like a baby's toy!"

beans

Smash Lord
"Grandpa, whats a Melee?"

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
none of us are gonna live for the next fifty years at the rate everything's going. depressio again oops
Yeah, I cant really picture a future.

I love how pesimistic are we in this era.

Back then, everyone pictured flying cars and a nice future. Now, we cant imagine a future.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
He also said that Nintendo themselves decided all the DLC this time, and people are taking that to mean the decisions will be more corporate and promotional.
Which makes all the sense in the world even more coming from such a close minded company. The good thing now is that i literally expect nothing, now that my favorite characters are deconfirmed there´s really no reason for me to expect something even if they added another FE character, steve, goomba, or whatever they want, im just like "alright".

KMDP

Smash Legend
Then they will just say: "You mean you have to use your hands to play this game... ? That's like a baby's toy!"
Jam it up your pee hole!
('tis a Game Grumps joke)

More seriously, considering the.... success of the Kinect and it's games, I don't think controllers are ever going to truly go out of style.

At least until Holodecks become a thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m hoping Palutena’s Guidance, Snake Codecs, and the Star Fox conversations are all back (even though the latter is down one stage that includes talking)

D

Deleted member

My personal DLC predictions:
1. goomba
2. lady goomba
3. goomba riding the first two goombas
4. another fe character except this time its 6 characters in one that transform into each other
5. elma and rex and skull kid and midna please daddy

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Jam it up your pee hole!
('tis a Game Grumps joke)

More seriously, considering the.... success of the Kinect and it's games, I don't think controllers are ever going to truly go out of style.

At least until Holodecks become a thing.
Was a reference to Back to the Future, but yeah.

Controllers will stay for a long time.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
how many spirits do you think there are in the game. i've counted 450 so far and i hope there's three times more than that

KMDP

Smash Legend
Was a reference to Back to the Future, but yeah.

Controllers will stay for a long time.
Now that you say that, I get the reference. :laugh:

I need to watch Back to the Future again...

Also, everyone seems dead set on being doom and gloom about the Smash DLC being 100% corporate and promotional, any attempts to inform people that Sakurai had a certain amount of choice in his selection even with Nintendo limiting his options seem to get ignored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom