• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gks1

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0697-2103-4616
Incineroar can be male and female, in the Pokemon's games have 87,5% male and 12,5% female

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I think the only one else with a defined gender is Jiggs, she is female, not sure about the others tho
Technically Jigglypuff is also ambiguous, there's no visual difference between male and female Jigglypuff. The only reason why it wears female hats cause of its effeminate design. They always referred as an it.
Jigglypuff has a ratio of 75% female and 25% male.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can maybe see it. So far I haven't really been able to pinpoint anything as an exact match to any obvious landmarks from different games. It would be neat if the one on the right is Castlevania, though, because it almost looks like there's an upside down mirror image of the structure on that island.
Oh **** I didn't even notice that. My guess was on the left one because the sole small island would make sense being the area where the stage is based off(there would be a stairway connecting it but Smash's version cuts it off).
As far as specific landmarks, we do see an area in the trailer that's clearly meant to be the Pac-Man Maze so I expect some areas to be directly based off the games.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshi's Island Big Boss theme rock remix please Sakurai!

Such an intense theme, will fit so well in Smash!
Yes, all the yes!!!

But wait, the Yoshi games never had any intensity and stakes involved. It's all about being cute and casual. That's what I keep being told anyways...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, right, the whole "Did you know Pikachu Libre is a Female?" thing.

I dont even know how i forgot.
tbf, I forgot Spiky-eared Pichu was a girl till I recently looked it up on the wiki lol

since Pichu, as far as I know, doesnt have an indicater of its a male or female, I couldnt tell

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think the only one else with a defined gender is Jiggs, she is female, not sure about the others tho
Actually, Lucario was stated in Snake's codec to be a he...
Possibly due to being the same Lucario from the eighth Pokemon movie
If this is true, then he is also one of the few canonically dead characters, along with Dark Samus

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh **** I didn't even notice that. My guess was on the left one because the sole small island would make sense being the area where the stage is based off(there would be a stairway connecting it but Smash's version cuts it off).
As far as specific landmarks, we do see an area in the trailer that's clearly meant to be the Pac-Man Maze so I expect some areas to be directly based off the games.
Apparently, some folks had noticed there's a city with buildings shaped like game consoles, including a monument for the N64.

Actually, Lucario was stated in Snake's codec to be a he...
Possibly due to being the same Lucario from the eighth Pokemon movie
Almost makes you wonder what they'd do when they get to a playable Birdo. America and France respectively go with a different gender than the other (which I learned the hard way when reading through Soleil's translation of the Super Mario Encyclopedia). I mean, you can change languages in the game again now, and all..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saw someone mention this about Incineroar before but it seems it'll be great on advantage but struggle on neutral and disadvantage.
Slow run speed and no projectiles makes it impossible to approach and none of its moves have good reach. Its best option to approach is the Side B but that's laggy as we've seen. Knock it off the stage and its only option is to suicide pretty much.
But should it manage to get in? Oh boy, Darkest Lariat can challenge pretty much anything, grab game is strong, Side B Lariat is an early kill move and Revenge punishes people trying to get out by attacking.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Yoshi's Island Big Boss theme rock remix please Sakurai!

Such an intense theme, will fit so well in Smash!
I say this as someone who first experienced Yoshi's Island on the mangled mess that was the GBA music channels.
Yoshi's Island has one of the best soundtracks ever. Aside from the pure musical brilliance of some its pieces, the fact that it pulls it off while on a system no more powerful than a Minecraft redstone computer is simply amazing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yup (Actually, Not all. Some are only male, Some are only female), Some Pokemon even have major differences between each genders, like one of my personal favorites, Meowstic
unf, I love Meowstic so much, i even bought the male and female toys from pokemon center

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hm I read all the Greninja, Charizard, and Jigglypuff trophies in Smash 4.

Only uses it and they. No gender specific pronouns.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Definitely friend, can't wait to find out who is correct in the upcoming DLC's. :)
Hmmm quite fascinating, I had no idea that Goemon had so much history with Konami. I was slightly aware of the folklore Goemon Ishikawa as he was a playable character in Samurai Warriors. Based on all you explained I can see why you would want Goemon in Smash bros, I definitely see him representing Konami very well. I would definitely support him if they started adding a 3rd representative for 3rd parties
. Does he have a high popularity in the West as well or is it mostly in the East?
Yes Jeremy Soule's music tends to be more epic like that of Lord of the RIngs, in fact so people have even made it into playlists. There's even playlists of Elder Scrolls music that help people sleep, but yeah it might not fit in Smash Bros. I personally would love this track to make it in. Its also known as Ryu Hayabusa's theme. Which is another huge reason I want Ryu Hayabusa in Smash Bros. Ninja Gaiden just has some incredible music.
Also I havent heard the song your speaking of, please send me the link I would love to hear it.
Thanks buddy. I'm as eager :)

Thanks, any support is appreciated. Popularity wise, well, it's unfortuantely mostly east side, that includes surrounding countries like Korea, Hong Kong .. etc. but mainly of course Japan. If we're counting per population I'd say Europe is next then NA, not sure about SA. Fans of Goemon are definitely there but scattered and more on the silent side (It's how Konami went berserk with Metal Gear and Catlevania only almost forgotting about all their IPs, is what I believe caused that silence. I blame Kojima partailly for that).

Since we're at it please allow me to continue a few more things. Ishikawa Goemon when finally caught was sentenced to death by boiling oil. A great couldren filled with boiling oil was set. He and his son then were thrown in it, Goemon however held his son up high standing submerged to save his sun. That impressed the emperor, for that his son was excused, but Goemon was left to burn till death. You now know why some hot bath tubs in Japan are called Goemon.
I said Goemon games are 34+, with ports they are 54+. That of course doesn't count cameos, because well, I don't know the numbers. Goemon is so important to Konami that he has a cameo in almost every single game they've released (music piece, masks, figures, costumes.. etc.), you just have to look for it (you won't find them doing it for their other IPs, at least as much). Snake and Simon (aside from being a Sakurai wish) were selected purely on global appeal basis (unfortunately).

I don't think I have specified a song but, no worries Goemon games have plenty of that (music though). I'm not sure if you're into Japanese folklore, so I have something for you.
So this is mainly the Goemon theme (from Mr.Goemon/Arcade, his first debut).

And since you like Metal Gear and epic music. This is the hidden (he's a ninja afterall) Goemon theme in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

That's the shorter/quicker version of Sundowner's Garden (hence the name alert), which's this..

Respects to Ninja Gaiden and Ryu Hayabusa for sure.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you want pureness to counter the rule 34 just look up how much fan art there is of Isabelle taking various other Smashers in as her new besties. Cloud, Snake, Incineroar, Kirby, you name it. There's probably fan art of her as their buddy:

It's probably one of my favorite things about her inclusion in Smash Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We all can debate on what character, if any, will be revealed at the game awards. But what TYPE of character do you think it'll be? I think it'll be a high profile third party tbh

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Zinith Zinith Do you know who I think the cutest Nintendo character..

Edit: Admittedly.. Kirby too.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thanks buddy. I'm as eager :)

Thanks, any support is appreciated. Popularity wise, well, it's unfortuantely mostly east side, that includes surrounding countries like Korea, Hong Kong .. etc. but mainly of course Japan. If we're counting per population I'd say Europe is next then NA, not sure about SA. Fans of Goemon are definitely there but scattered and more on the silent side (It's how Konami went berserk with Metal Gear and Catlevania only almost forgotting about all their IPs, is what I believe caused that silence. I blame Kojima partailly for that).

Since we're at it please allow me to continue a few more things. Ishikawa Goemon when finally caught was sentenced to death by boiling oil. A great couldren filled with boiling oil was set. He and his son then were thrown in it, Goemon however held his son up high standing submerged to save his sun. That impressed the emperor, for that his son was excused, but Goemon was left to burn till death. You now know why some hot bath tubs in Japan are called Goemon.
I said Goemon games are 34+, with ports they are 54+. That of course doesn't count cameos, because well, I don't know the numbers. Goemon is so important to Konami that he has a cameo in almost every single game they've released (music piece, masks, figures, costumes.. etc.), you just have to look for it (you won't find them doing it for their other IPs, at least as much). Snake and Simon (aside from being a Sakurai wish) were selected purely on global appeal basis (unfortunately).

I don't think I have specified a song but, no worries Goemon games have plenty of that (music though). I'm not sure if you're into Japanese folklore, so I have something for you.
So this is mainly the Goemon theme (from Mr.Goemon/Arcade, his first debut).

And since you like Metal Gear and epic music. This is the hidden (he's a ninja afterall) Goemon theme in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

That's the shorter/quicker version of Sundowner's Garden (hence the name alert), which's this..

Respects to Ninja Gaiden and Ryu Hayabusa for sure.
If Granblue's Katalina does indeed get in here, that would be the second time Sakurai breaks the "global appeal only!" rule, which could give Goemon some leeway.

Also, why Konami eventually stopped having other people do Metal Gear spin-offs before Survive is beyond me.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I have a few things to say:
First: Nekoo Nekoo : You've inspired me, kind of. I'm currently working on drawing every Smash character. I'm not nearly as good as you, but I might post them somewhere eventually.
Second: I rated the newcomers and returning veterans in the order of how excited I am for them: :ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf::ultken::ultdaisy::ultsnake::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultridley::ultchrom::ultincineroar::ultpichu::ultyounglink:
And third... well, I have a question: does anyone here hate me? Be honest, I know I can be annoying sometimes... :urg:

Gks1

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0697-2103-4616
We all can debate on what character, if any, will be revealed at the game awards. But what TYPE of character do you think it'll be? I think it'll be a high profile third party tbh
I think that they show the name of the first DLC character that would be Skull Kid or Tidus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom