• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Now we need the same for Isabelle being higher tier than Villager. DOWN WITH THE TYRANICAL MAYOR
Considering that god damn fishing pole and it's insane potential? This might actually be a possibility.

Homegirl has an insane grab throw move, that can bring people to her if it's out, she can use it to bring them into her Lloyd trap, she can use it as an extra means of recovery.

My girl is looking good. <3

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
A Paper Mario reference in a character's moveset is the next best thing to Paper Mario being playable, I guess.

...Why do I feel like crying?
He also has a Frost Piranha color swap, and don’t forget what's almost certainly a Pale Piranha color swap, considering it's lighter than an Inky Piranha.

Based Sakurai acknowledging characters unique to PM when literally nobody else does.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering that god damn fishing pole and it's insane potential? This might actually be a possibility.

Homegirl has an insane grab throw move, that can bring people to her if it's out, she can use it to bring them into her Lloyd trab, she can use it as an extra means of recovery.

That fishing pole is also the only grab in the game that doesn't work on shields. Though that's probably for the best

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That fishing pole is also the only grab in the game that doesn't work on shields. Though that's probably for the best
However I'm that troll who is gonna to let people think they've defeated me with their silly shield then yank them in when they least expect it.

Will it always work? No, but damn if I'm not gonna try.

''Fool! That was my plan all along."

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey, quick question...
Should we still be getting any music tracks added to the website this week?
If so... What do you think it's gonna be?...

I think it's finally time for them to show the masterpiece that is that Guile's Theme remix

D

Deleted member

You know before the direct I never liked Incineroar. I always thought she was bland and ugly, and her design didn't appeal to me. But Smash seems to have brought out her personality in the best way, so much so that I don't even see people irrationally hating on her for causing Grinch leak to be fake like people predicted. Her design still doesn't appeal to me, but now I'm fine with her addition to Smash and I'll probably try her out a bit! too bad she'll probably suck lmao look at that ****e run speed

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I've seen some Dracula's Castle footage and the Medusa Head never interacted with the foreground, do we even know if those already have hurtbox/attack patterns at all?
I'm sure Petey is back along all the other SSE bosses though.
BUT DON'T MAKE ME EXCITED FOR A BLACK KNIGHT FIGHT THAT ASSIST LOOKED TOO ****ING GOOD

But still, it DOES make sense. Though there would still be some original ones such as the Lumen Sage(though it then begs the question why he isn't an AT too).
And looking at the stages, if a model is all they need, characters that could be reused are:
-Kraid(Don't think his is very high quality though?) from Brinstar Depths
-Kamek from MKU
-Twinrova from Gerudo Valley(possible second form?)
-All the Pokemon present in Spear Pillar, Unova League and Kalos League(hey, Rayquaza shows up here)
-Those two Pikmin enemies I forgot the names for
-METAL FACE from Gaur Plain(one of the most likely)
-Metal Gear from Shadow Moses
-Yellow Devil from Wily Castle
-That thing in the background of Umbra Clock Tower
-Dark Emperor from Find Mii
And finally but most importantly:
-Dog from Nintendogs

Also, I'd like to mention Arceus has been cut from the Pokeball roster and I've been theorizing it as a boss since August, hmm...

If we assume this is an accurate representation of the various areas we'll be visiting, we could make some assumptions about the bosses we might encounter. King Bulblin could be encountered on that bridge in the middle of the map. There's two different castle cities here, I'd imagine one of them, at least, is for Fire Emblem. That sci-fi city is probably related to Corneria, and I'm really intrigued by those giant bramble vine looking things tucked away in the top left corner which I can't think of being for anything other than Donkey Kong.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Give me Andross (N64) as a boss in space or give me death.

Could even make it a cool Star Fox 64 reference. Fight him and corrupt Wolf on Venom.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gee... Thanks for reminding me that Gravity Falls ended.
...and that Sticker Star exists.
Ah the internet, where messages of hope are taken as depressing signs of entropy ^_^

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we assume this is an accurate representation of the various areas we'll be visiting, we could make some assumptions about the bosses we might encounter. King Bulblin could be encountered on that bridge in the middle of the map. There's two different castle cities here, I'd imagine one of them, at least, is for Fire Emblem. That sci-fi city is probably related to Corneria, and I'm really intrigued by those giant bramble vine looking things tucked away in the top left corner which I can't think of being for anything other than Donkey Kong.
Is that... is that floating island(the two left ones) supposed to be Castlevania or?

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
You know before the direct I never liked Incineroar. I always thought she was bland and ugly, and her design didn't appeal to me. But Smash seems to have brought out her personality in the best way, so much so that I don't even see people irrationally hating on her for causing Grinch leak to be fake like people predicted. Her design still doesn't appeal to me, but now I'm fine with her addition to Smash and I'll probably try her out a bit! too bad she'll probably suck lmao look at that ****e run speed
I agree. His design was something that never appealed to me, and the Pokemon himself was always very "meh" to me, but Sakurai knows how to make a really good fighter. He's so expressive in his moves, you can tell a lot of love was put into the character, like every other character.

At first, I was upset with the inclusion, but it's really hard for me to hate, or even dislike, something like this. I can see myself playing him a lot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Give me Andross (N64) as a boss in space or give me death.

Could even make it a cool Star Fox 64 reference. Fight him and corrupt Wolf on Venom.
Or for more kicking while down action, Polygon Andross flanked by Solid Snake and Cloud while the whole fight has a purple tinge to it...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I was neutral on Incineroar till I saw his moveset and that ending of his and Ken's trailer is a good little chuckle. His little ''Oh god. Seriously?" snort at them lining up to fight him was a good bit of character detail.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Is that... is that floating island(the two left ones) supposed to be Castlevania or?
I can maybe see it. So far I haven't really been able to pinpoint anything as an exact match to any obvious landmarks from different games. It would be neat if the one on the right is Castlevania, though, because it almost looks like there's an upside down mirror image of the structure on that island.

Gks1

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0697-2103-4616
I saw Incineroar and I think that he will be so good than expected

D

Deleted member

That run speed is genuinely awful tho, idk if she'll be able to get anywhere in the tier list just because of that

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I had a vivid-looking dream concerning me browsing this board last night. Among a few other things, I heard there was a support group for one of the Grandia protagonists (made of approximately 3 people, aptly enough), and one of the members of this board (not sure who it was exactly, but I think it was Mc.Rad Mc.Rad ) was being livid at SE holding characters hostage.

Now we need the same for Isabelle being higher tier than Villager. DOWN WITH THE TYRANICAL MAYOR

Homegirl has an insane grab throw move, that can bring people to her if it's out, she can use it to bring them into her Lloyd trap, she can use it as an extra means of recovery.

All we need now is the reset department. Guy needs to make a living, you know.

And I can't upload images right now, but you all know who I'm referring to.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, that is very clearly the Darigan Citadel. Neopets confirmed for Ultimate.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If you mean in terms of how fun he is going to be, definitely...
But in terms of viability, I'm not sure... him posing after every successful hit could make for some pretty long lag times, even if you do cancel them out
Incineroar, like most Pokemon can be either male or female. However, since the Litten line is more likely to be male, I would assume that Smash's Incineroar is a he.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Incineroar, like most Pokemon can be either male or female. However, since the Litten line is more likely to be male, I would assume that Smash's Incineroar is a he.
oh i know that, i was just confused why they said she is all pff

Well ill go by what Sakurai said and say it

Last edited:

Gks1

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0697-2103-4616
If you mean in terms of how fun he is going to be, definitely...
But in terms of viability, I'm not sure... him posing after every successful hit could make for some pretty long lag times, even if you do cancel them out

Yes, he is fun some slow but I think that Incineroar would be slower that I saw.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar´s a female? Did i miss something?

Edit: Ok, we dont know yet, i missed quite a lot of posts

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry, my Incineroar in S&M was a girl and I've been having trouble to not call it by female pronouns from muscle memory
nah, itts good fam, I just woke up so I was confused lol I think most of my starters in Pokrmon have always been dudes, I know my decidueye was and what I got a poplio, that was also a dude buuuut almost every wild pokemon I caught was a girl lol
it was like the game would rather me have one sex more then the other

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, I was just trying to understand Incineroar's situation and if speed meant life and death for viability...
That being said, now that you mention it, a lot of the slower characters are ususally pretty low on the tier lists
Sooo now we're discussing if Incineroar is a he or she.......

Heaven help us.
I mean to be fair, Pokemon do have genders in the games,
Incineroar could be either male or female...
I'm just gonna call Smash's Incineroar male, because it's pretty masculine, it and the rest of the Litten line is more likely to be male, and my Incineroar in my Sun and Moon playthrough, Johnny, was a he...

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Incineroar looks amazing, maybe top tier too(speed aside), and it went up my fav starter list very quickly.

Primarina is still the best tho.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Aside from Pikachu, aren't all Pokémon in Smash ambiguously gendered?

In my opinion, it's kinda up to the player to believe what gender they are.
I think the only one else with a defined gender is Jiggs, she is female, not sure about the others tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom