• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Minor thing, but I'm so hyped that Balder is a boss. One of my favorite video game villains to come out of a (semi) recent game

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait, we got more bosses confirmed? Where?
From ssbwiki:
"When this mode (World of Light) is highlighted from the Spirits menu, the artwork on the left side of the screen depicts Galeem, Rathalos, the Werewolf, Balder/the Masked Lumen (from the Bayonetta series), and King Bulblin. This context implies that the latter three will have some sort of opponent presence in the mode (if not as a boss)."
Hope that answers your question.

But now, I have to go.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
My DLC speculation is in the signature, and I shall elaborate:

* Geno would be the Square representative. Barring everything we know from SSB4, we would have to consider the other series; Terra/Black Mage? Both would be good, but Final Fantasy was already covered, and if there's another FF rep, it would be just as limited. Dragon Quest? Popular in Japan, but a niche series at best elsewhere (people would no doubt recognize 'a slime draws near', but most know little else). Sora? Remember that DLC plans were likely known back in 2015, and KH3 was a speculated idea for the most part back then; Season 2 would be better if Square knows that Season 1 and the base game sell several copies. Not that confident in Crono either (much as I adore Chrono Trigger). Also, soundtrack would have quite a bit to choose from, helping that composer Yoko Shimomura is also involved with Smash.

* Banjo and Kazooie. Vergeben only said "Minecraft content", and you may have seen that widely-circulated graphic of Japanese votes. If he's in the top ten there, imagine the Western votes. To clarify, of all the not yet confirmed, he's only behind Geno, Magalor and Bandana Dee. And speaking of...

* Bandana Dee. Helping his case is he's loved in the West too. Unfortunately for Magalor, it would make sense for just one Kirby DLC pack for the time being.

* A Namco representative. (Not including echos) Konami has two, Capcom has two, Sega has two, Verg confirms Square will have two, so it makes sense that the series co-developer since 4 get a second. I won't rule out Heihachi, but consider Lloyd more likely and a more welcoming addition.

* I'll go out on a limb here and say a Western character. Most likely Rayman given the friendly interactions between Nintendo and Ubisoft, and the infamous Rayman hoax would help matters. Shantae is also possible, but I will say Rayman.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, Sakurai won't be happy till all the children are beating up their parents in Smash Brothers will he?

D

Deleted member

From ssbwiki:
"When this mode (World of Light) is highlighted from the Spirits menu, the artwork on the left side of the screen depicts Galeem, Rathalos, the Werewolf, Balder/the Masked Lumen (from the Bayonetta series), and King Bulblin. This context implies that the latter three will have some sort of opponent presence in the mode (if not as a boss)."
Hope that answers your question.

But now, I have to go.

Seems like it
Oh, ok, I knew about that, I just thought we had something more concrete because those are just their Spirit art(don't know if Rathalos uses his ingame model or not tho) and Werewolf is there even though we already have Dracula from CV and he's not there. I'd really love the Lumen Sage as a boss since I ****ing love his design but I want to be careful with my expectations on this

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
1 DLC could be a Fire Emblem Character from Four Seasons for Switch.
Other 4? Please, take a look on my sig

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What if Petey is a boss? Then you have Piranha Plant beating up his father.

Yes, I'm sticking to this head canon.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
What if Petey is a boss? Then you have Piranha Plant beating up his father.

Yes, I'm sticking to this head canon.
And then if PP uses his final smash you have Petey beating HIMSELF up.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So two bosses confirmed at least and without Galleom on that picture, we can assume that's not all of them yet.

Man, if only we got some of this info a little sooner

D

Deleted member

So two bosses confirmed at least and without Galleom on that picture, we can assume that's not all of them yet.

Man, if only we got some of this info a little sooner
See, the reason I don't want to take that as boss confirmations is that it would imply CV has TWO bosses. Like, if that's true then it would mean they're REALLY going all out with it but I highly doubt because that's too good to be true.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know how everyone was all ''Villager has the gleam of murder in his eye?"

I present to you Princess Daisy of Sarasaland...

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
See, the reason I don't want to take that as boss confirmations is that it would imply CV has TWO bosses. Like, if that's true then it would mean they're REALLY going all out with it but I highly doubt because that's too good to be true.
I feel like there's a strong amount of asset reuse going on. The werewolf is already part of the Castlevania stage and could be easily re-purposed. I also think it's a safe bet Petey Piranha is only the plant's final smash because he's also in WoL and he could be easily reused, and I'm also pretty confident the Black Knight will be pulling a Rathalos. EDIT: Same thing with King Bulblin. He's probably only a boss because the asset existed already for the Eldin stage.

Last edited:

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
so when we buy the game we won't immediately have all characters unlocked. i'm curious to what ways do we unlock the charracters. and i hope it doesn't take time i want to play with the inklings ASAP
Well we would have 8 (9 if you preoreder it) but i think Spirits story mode is the way to unlock them

You know how everyone was all ''Villager has the gleam of murder in his eye?"

I present to you Princess Daisy of Sarasaland...

I always knew Daisy was evil, she might've killed Waluigi for the invite !

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My DLC predictions are split between 3rd party and Nintendo owned characters as I have no idea what the ratio is (Geno is considered 3rd party for the sake of this list and Spirits are not dis-confirmation)

Nintendo Owned

Dixie Kong: If Isabelle can be a Semi-of Villager then Dixie can use Diddy as a base and make her own moveset
Bandanna Waddle Dee: Did well in all the polls, still haven't see him. Piranha Plant kills almost all arguments against.
Paper Mario: If Dragon Ball can sell basic Goku as DLC then Smash can sell Mario minus a dimension.
New Pokemon: Either Gen 8 or a fan favorite.
New Zelda character: Bit of a stretch but I still have hope for Impa and Hilda
Fire Emblem 3 Houses protag: Monolith Soft might not have Game Freak's preferential treatment but Intelligent systems seems to. Let's see if there's such thing as too many Fire Emblems

3rd Party

SE Character: Betting Geno, could be Sora
Microsoft-subsidiary owned character: Steve, Banjo & Kazooie, nuts to the console wars, let's fight together!
Ray-Man: Huge in Europe and a platforming legend, overshadowed by proto-minions. Kingdom Battle spirits are in the game so there's hope
Crash Bandicoot: This one is more dependant of Sakurai going out of his way to make Santa Monica feel bad about their lack of budget when making PSASBR rather than ballot votes but it could happen.
Shantae: Long stretch ATM if I'm honest but it's going on there anyway

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Rayquaza will probably be coming back as a boss in some fashion and I'd be surprised if Porky didn't make a reappearance.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I also just realized we've yet to see Piranha Plant hold an item.

Will he hold it in his tiny little leave hands? His mouth?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think it'll be the hands but I imagined it just shoving whatever it has in it's pot and that made me laugh, I want that now
I can imagine Bowser seeing Piranha Plant show up to the battle and going ''You were capable of this? All of this and all you did most of the time was hide in a pipe and slowly rise up so he could just....jump over you if he timed his jump perfectly? Remind me why I pay you again?"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, my boi will make SURE he doesn't jump the gun this time so Naval Piranha can have a fair shot. It's not Yoshi's fault he's such an effective platformer protagonist :yoshi:
Well jokes on you, Naval Piranha's family is sueing you alongside the parents of the one you roasted in 5-1

Also I am actually looking forward to the help options now cause we learned **** like the ledge grab limit and considering we only NOW know about K.Rool's belly breaking because goddamn did they do a terrible ****ing job at telling people what K.Rool does as this wasn't even in his goddamn blog post, what else is lying in there?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can imagine Bowser seeing Piranha Plant show up to the battle and going ''You were capable of this? All of this and all you did most of the time was hide in a pipe and slowly rise up so he could just....jump over you if he timed his jump perfectly? Remind me why I pay you again?"
"**** you you're denying me my union rights" is what I expect Audrey to say before dunking Bowser Falcon style

D

Deleted member

I feel like there's a strong amount of asset reuse going on. The werewolf is already part of the Castlevania stage and could be easily re-purposed. I also think it's a safe bet Petey Piranha is only the plant's final smash because he's also in WoL and he could be easily reused, and I'm also pretty confident the Black Knight will be pulling a Rathalos. EDIT: Same thing with King Bulblin. He's probably only a boss because the asset existed already for the Eldin stage.
I've seen some Dracula's Castle footage and the Medusa Head never interacted with the foreground, do we even know if those already have hurtbox/attack patterns at all?
I'm sure Petey is back along all the other SSE bosses though.
BUT DON'T MAKE ME EXCITED FOR A BLACK KNIGHT FIGHT THAT ASSIST LOOKED TOO ****ING GOOD

But still, it DOES make sense. Though there would still be some original ones such as the Lumen Sage(though it then begs the question why he isn't an AT too).
And looking at the stages, if a model is all they need, characters that could be reused are:
-Kraid(Don't think his is very high quality though?) from Brinstar Depths
-Kamek from MKU
-Twinrova from Gerudo Valley(possible second form?)
-All the Pokemon present in Spear Pillar, Unova League and Kalos League(hey, Rayquaza shows up here)
-Those two Pikmin enemies I forgot the names for
-METAL FACE from Gaur Plain(one of the most likely)
-Metal Gear from Shadow Moses
-Yellow Devil from Wily Castle
-That thing in the background of Umbra Clock Tower
-Dark Emperor from Find Mii
And finally but most importantly:
-Dog from Nintendogs

Also, I'd like to mention Arceus has been cut from the Pokeball roster and I've been theorizing it as a boss since August, hmm...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Rayquaza is cool, but I'm secretly hoping that Lusamine/Nihilego fusion is a boss. I feel like that would be an epic fight to see in Smash.

They’re teasing us, the ********.

View attachment 175897
A Paper Mario reference in a character's moveset is the next best thing to Paper Mario being playable, I guess.

...Why do I feel like crying?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just had the most genius match ever come to mind for when Piranha Plant releases.

4 man match.

Called Peach Stages An Uprising.

Theme? Peach convinces Bowser Jr and Piranha Plant to turn on Bowser through her positive charms while he has her kidnapped and it becomes Bowser vs the Princess and his son/minion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh god Black Knight as a boss Rathalos style would be terrifying as the ****** never flinches. He also double jumps apparantly so camping in the air won't work too well. If that does end up being true, then all they need to do is add a sword beam and he's ****ing perfectly adapted

D

Deleted member

"**** you you're denying me my union rights" is what I expect Audrey to say before dunking Bowser Falcon style
Piranha Plant being higher tier than Bowser is the working class overthrowing the tyrannical Koopa monarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom