• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Yes right now all we can do is speculate and look at facts. However just seeing Squares past partnerships I don't see it. I hope Square takes this as a lesson though. Perhaps they will sell Geno to Nintendo and he will now be in the Mario & Luigi RPG's, if thats the case then even if he doesn't make it. Everyone will win, plus his chances of making it into the next Smash game will skyrocket because there will be no more red tape. Personally this is the situation I hope for, Sora/Dragon Quest character in Smash and Geno sold to Nintento and he will be added to the Mario & Luigi RPG's. In this scenario almost everyone wins, but right now its just a dream. Oh you should play it, I really hope they add the battle music to Ultimate. Some of the songs would fit super well, but again that means having to deal with Square and their demands.

I cant find what scandal he was caught in I think it was something else. Its also possible they changed it so they couldn't get sued. There seem to be various reports why they changed the name. However I do know for sure originally Balrog was going to be Mike Bison and M. Bison was going to be Vega. Then all of a sudden they changed everything around.
That's definitely the best solution. I agree.
I just post recently that a Minecraft event is happening X Smash. Soo apparently money wins Microsoft side. Character not confirmed yet, but we're 5 days away. It's Nov. 9th. I guess it's getting tighter n tighter for Geno.. *gulp*

I think I'm better off not knowing, thanks anyway :)

Edit: That Minecraft X Smash thing turned out to be nothing, crap it. Geno's still on.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's definitely the best solution. I agree.
I just post recently that a Minecraft event is happening X Smash. Soo apparently money wins Microsoft side. Character not confirmed yet, but we're 5 days away. It's Nov. 9th. I guess it's getting tighter n tighter for Geno.. *gulp*

I think I'm better off not knowing, thanks anyway :)

Wait what

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just out of curiosity, did we get someone to confirm or deny the idea that DLC characters were originally going to be included in the base game but got cut due to time restraints?

If it's true, then this could give us a really good idea of who to expect.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Please Elaborate.
What do you mean by Minecraft X Smash? Is it an announcement?

Or is it a gaming event, similar to Nintendo Live?
The wording was difficult to translate as they threw some words out, but it appears (as the ad says) an event of Minecraft X Smash happening Nov. 9th. It doesn't say Minecraft specifically but come on that's so obvious. The poster avatar was similar to Steve too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, either they're really zoomed in or using a different stage setting, or they sized the hell up on Yoshi's story, and probably a lot of the other old small stages.
8 Player Smash in every stage.

Shroob

Sup?
The wording was difficult to translate as they threw some words out, but it appears (as the ad says) an event of Minecraft X Smash happening Nov. 9th. It doesn't say Minecraft specifically but come on that's so obvious. The poster avatar was similar to Steve too.
And where did you get this from?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just out of curiosity, did we get someone to confirm or deny the idea that DLC characters were originally going to be included in the base game but got cut due to time restraints?

If it's true, then this could give us a really good idea of who to expect.
As far as I know, all we have is that they were decided some time before Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out, given Rex is a Mii costume purchase bonus. Sakurai himself said they've not done any development on the main 5 in the pack with only the pre-order bonus Piranha Plant to show.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I thought the black color is a reference to MGS4.
Perfectly honest, I could definitely see that being the case. It certainly has that dark hue (albeit like an off-color or matte). If memory serves, though, Snake didn't have an alt in Brawl that referenced the Octocamo like that, which is why I'm heavily leaning on it being a more up to date nod to Ground Zeroes and V. The similarities between the Sneaking Suit that Solid wears and the one in Ground Zeroes/V is also really, really strong as well. Octocamo had weird widgets and didn't quite look like anything that the playable Snakes had prior.

Just my take on it, though. Def not an authority.

Smooth Criminal

NineS

Smash Lord
Official Smash feed
Alright, did some checking.
It's nothing to look into, I believe.

These are people who have videos uploaded to Nintendo of Japan's youtube channel. All they're going to do is show off footage of them playing Minecraft and Smash Bros. Ultimate on NoJ's Youtube channel

They usually have videos such as these
This is the original tweet:

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Translation...?
I'll try..
よゐこのスマブラで大乱闘生活
収録は11月9日(金)のお昼頃から
Yowiko's Smash Bros life (as in a match)
From around noon on November 9 (Friday)

Alright, did some checking.
It's nothing to look into, I believe.

These are people who have videos uploaded to Nintendo of Japan's youtube channel. All they're going to do is show off footage of them playing Minecraft and Smash Bros. Ultimate on NoJ's Youtube channel

They usually have videos such as these
Pheww, that's a relief. I hope you're %100 on this. I don't want Steve X)

trivialEquinox

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0888-9891-1486
Let's be real here, would Steve even fit in Smash? Don't get me wrong I like the game, but I literally just cannot see him in Smash as a playable character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
These themed events never give us anything Smash-related. Remember how everyone wasted their whole day watching Minecon just in case Steve got a reveal?

If we're getting someone new in Smash, Nintendo themselves will announce it an a scheduled event, like a Direct, that's specifically made for showing off upcoming content, not during a gameplay stream as a random suprise.

Let's be real here, would Steve even fit in Smash? Don't get me wrong I like the game, but I literally just cannot see him in Smash as a playable character.
I think he could easily work as a full character. It's just a matter of convincing me that he won't be the ugliest character on the roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes he would. Steve has a wide array of tools and Minecraft monsters to use as inspiration for his moveset.

I would hate his inclusion, but it's more than possible to make him work.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Piranha Plant is a playable character.

I don't think us mere mortals can comprehend what works and what doesn't until we see it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm starting to wonder if the final smash meter will be utilized in tournament play.
I think they'll give it a trial run but I have a feeling that it won't be in the long run

trivialEquinox

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0888-9891-1486
I've gotten over Piranha Plant as a character really quick. I didn't think of him while making this post, sorry

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fear of Steve in Smash is so funny to me.

''OH NO I DON'T WANT THIS ICONIC GAMING CHARACTER BECAUSE THE CHILDREN. THE CHILDREN THEY LIKE HIM."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've gotten over Piranha Plant as a character really quick. I didn't think of him while making this post, sorry
Yeah, it's sometimes easy to forget how nuts Smash is.

Cloud can use Death's Scythe to kill Pac-Man on Green Hill Zone.

NineS

Smash Lord
The fear of Steve in Smash is so funny to me.

''OH NO I DON'T WANT THIS ICONIC GAMING CHARACTER BECAUSE THE CHILDREN. THE CHILDREN THEY LIKE HIM."
Don't you know?
The children.
They're evil.

With their demonic spinning for fidgeters, and heretic dabbing for the devil, building forts at night all day long
:ultsimon: and :ultrichter: must cleanse their souls with their holy water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom