• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Actually if they're basically just pngs they could potentially have like...

a really big number

Like 4 million, 372 thousand, four hundred and 6.
If they were insane, they'd go the whole next level and go with googol spirits. Not the search engine, but the number. Googol is a real number. Look it up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thing about spirits is that they're a good way of extending the game's single player life and promoting new stuff without paid DLC or much work for that matter.

All you need is artwork, an effect and an event match.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is anyone else completely baffled that anything Doom-related is even considered a remote possibility by a seemingly increasing number of people?
A little bit, yes...
Doom Guy would bump up the rating... especially if the name of his gun is anything to go by
But there is not another November Smash Direct happening. That says November 1st, not November 11th
I know, I was joking
:079:Is used to indicate obviously outdated info as kind of a joke, as if the person is slow to news...

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is anyone else completely baffled that anything Doom-related is even considered a remote possibility by a seemingly increasing number of people?
Doom has had a presence on Nintendo since the 90s, it's iconic, and Bethesda has met with Nintendo regarding Smash

Seems logical to me

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
So this is going to be my first smash, can someone explain why the online stuff in the direct was considered underwhelming? It seems like everyone is upset with how online play handles matchmaking but im not exactly sure why.
It's generally an issue of you possibly being shoved into a match type you don't actually want to play.
Those who want to play free for all with items being shoved into a 1v1 no items omega stage match isnt going to have a fun time, same for the reverse. If there aren't enough people looking for your conditions the game will likely push you into something that is "close enough"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I just watched the European version of the Direct and I didn't see where Sakurai said that DLC characters were ones that didn't make the roster.

What exactly is the quote?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Honestly I expect to see hundreds of spirits. A PNG and some stats are a billion times less work-intensive than modeling, texturing, posing, and writing the flavor text of around a hundred models.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
lol I agree. Why would they do another direct when they just had one? There's nothing more for them to show off.
I think the bigger issue is having a direct on Remembrance Day/Veterans Day.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thing about spirits is that they're a good way of extending the game's single player life and promoting new stuff without paid DLC or much work for that matter.

All you need is artwork, an effect and an event match.
Just realized...

Maybe the event match I thought of: :ultsnake: vs. :ultzss:(in White) might become a reality if there's a "The Boss" spirit.

Which, let's face it, there will be.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It is true.

Pretty sure the Aztec and Incan Empires engaged in a lot of warring with other Mexican/South American tribes.

It's not like they were pure and innocent.

Some might even call the reasons for the civil wars petty by our standards.
This is true. Natives warred constantly with one another. They stole from each other. They ravaged one another. They were very far from simply peaceful.

Even Disney’s Pocahontas starts by showing the warriors of her tribe coming back from a war before the white man came. Not that Disney is entirely accurate, but that part did come from history.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we're gonna argue that Doom's too graphic for smash, let me just tell you now...

Bayonetta is twice as
gory
sexual
and religious (satanic)

Doomguy's a guy with guns that shoots people.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Honestly I expect to see hundreds of spirits. A PNG and some stats are a billion times less work-intensive than modeling, texturing, posing, and writing the flavor text of around a hundred models.
Oh yeah, definitely. I expect there to be at least 400 or 500 spirits

Starbound

A little bit, yes...
Doom Guy would bump up the rating... especially if the name of his gun is anything to go by
I'm now picturing the interactions with this...

Doomguy: And this here is the BFG!

Pichu: ...what does BFG stand for?

Doomguy: well...

*Pikachu comes by and covers Pichu's ears*

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
If we're gonna argue that Doom's too graphic for smash, let me just tell you now...

Bayonetta is twice as
gory
sexual
and religious (satanic)

Doomguy's a guy with guns that shoots people.
We still don’t know who that Gun was for...

D

Deleted member

Are we really counting Youtube for him considering everyone knew it was coming to Switch? It was always a matter of when, not if.
The problem really is if we can count that since it's a when situation, yeah.

I kinda hoped the whole 10-0 thing would happen at the VGAs for maximum hype lmao

Untouch

Smash Master
A little bit, yes...

I know, I was joking
:079:Is used to indicate obviously outdated info as kind of a joke, as if the person is slow to news...
DLC can have a higher rating than the main game, and it WOULD make sense if they were saving him for DLC.

Starbound

I predict Boshi will be a Support Spirit that increases speed to aerial attacks...
If there's a Boshi spirit but now a Mallow spirit I won't know how to feel.

I mean Mallow sucked but he should at least get something if Boshi does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom