• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>Robin's Final Smash is still Chrom
>Chrom beats up himself
Wow he got so many chances he got in twice.

I'm not gonna but the rumor. I learned my lesson from the Grinch not to trust any leak.
You didn't learn it from Rayman but you learned from a rando on 4chan who just said "yeah we just messed around lol" :redface:

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Ok guys conspiracy. the 5 DLC were planned for base. Grinch leak had 5 unique characters. The Fighter pass has 5 slots for these 5 characters, since echoes aren't allowed and Shadow didn't have enough work on him they just brought back his AT which is why it was shown late. Isaac returning after being cut is weird and has new moves? That is because he was meant to be a fighter.

Tin foil hats on boys.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Oh cool, a new Paper Mario might be confirmed. Yaaaaaay.
It's still gonna be ****. We're never getting a PM game on the level of the original, TTYD or even SPM ever again.
Goddamn Miyamoto.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
They NOT did what with Robin's Final Smash?
xD Man, what a fail when a lot of Final Smashes got several changes or just aesthetical details.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The ballot has influence on the base roster, but probably not on DLC
Edit: Just look at Bayonetta. She was planned for and developed for Smash 4 before the DLC ballot even began
If all the characters were decided around the same time (which is a possibility since newer characters are already out of the picture), the ballot still could take effect.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how they're going to handle this with six more characters on it. I hope it doesn't end up weird and kinda ugly like Smash 4's final CSS.

From top bottom there are six rows. So if they add another character behind each row, it should still look okay I think. (Base characters would shuffle around offcourse)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If the DLC were indead characters cut from the launch roster, I think it could line up with the Protonmail rumor and Vergeben. In which case the DLC would be:

Geno/Sora/DQ Hero
Lloyd Irving
Heihachi
Bandana Waddle Dee
Steve/Banjo

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Crazy Tin Foil hat theory
”Don’t let a single one get away”
Fox and other chatracters that speak in WoL trailer are actually talking to Galeem, commanding it to catch them

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I agree he's a chill bro.

I wonder what was up with his source though?

I mean what's to gain from misleading someone who's just starting a channel?
I'm not going to go too deeply into Papageno's source because that's for him to decide if he wants to out them, but I know who it is and I have a pretty good sense why he believed them.

This wasn't really a case of intentional duping, but that is honestly worse because it's harder to vet. I've been a part of these leak discussions for years now, you can usually tell when you're being lied to, and when you're not. It just so happens that even when you're not being lied to, it doesn't mean the info is correct.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Robin's Final Smash is lame on multiple levels.
  1. It's just Chrom again. I can understand adding in a uniquely designed character would take some extra modeling, but Shulk got Fiora and the Earthbound characters got 2 helpers each, so I didn't think a character to replace Chrom would be a problem. Hell, just use Morgan and you can copy 95% of the assets since Morgan and Robin wear the same outfits. Using Chrom against Chrom himself feels tacky. A Grima FS would've also been neat.
  2. They got rid of a cool part of Robin's FS from 4, the Awakening crit animation cut-in. Sure, it's more streamlined with the rest of the Final Smash's now with the eye-focused Persona-like cut-in, but the Awakening cut-in made the FS much more unique imo.

Also, Richter. It's hard to find a GIF right now for Richter's Final Smash, but it's just Grand Cross, the same as Simon. Richter's Final Smash should've totally been Hydro Storm.
Yuuuuup.

Not to mention Young Link getting triforce slash when he doesn't even have the triforce instead of anything interesting. They shoulda used his MM incarnation...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
The ballot has influence on the base roster, but probably not on DLC
Edit: Just look at Bayonetta. She was planned for and developed for Smash 4 before the DLC ballot even began
I have still yet to see any actual evidence for this outside "OMGERD PLACEHOLDER"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think this puts Geno in a pretty good spot, considering the ballot was VERY relevant during that time.

My question is what does this mean for Sora? Was he a real ballot contender?
I mean, Sora's from a franchise with the most anticipated video game title. A TITLE. I'm not surprised at the possibility of a large amount of Kingdom Hearts fans voting Sora, I know at least two of my friends did and a third had he gotten into Smash sooner.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If all the characters were decided around the same time (which is a possibility since newer characters are already out of the picture), the ballot still could take effect.
Fair point. It's possible that it could for some of the characters, but do we know for sure that the dlc characters were chosen at the same time as the base roster? Or were they simply chosen before the game was finished (aka before this last direct)?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ok guys conspiracy. the 5 DLC were planned for base. Grinch leak had 5 unique characters. The Fighter pass has 5 slots for these 5 characters, since echoes aren't allowed and Shadow didn't have enough work on him they just brought back his AT which is why it was shown late. Isaac returning after being cut is weird and has new moves? That is because he was meant to be a fighter.

Tin foil hats on boys.
Aluminum! Get your Aluminum! $3.25 A ROLL! PERFECT FOR HAT-MAKING!
I want to marry you for that use of the Woah.
I saw my opening and I took it.

D

Deleted member

Why are people even talking about Rex when he's the character who got deconfirmed the hardest in the entirety of Smash history?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh cool, a new Paper Mario might be confirmed. Yaaaaaay.
It's still gonna be ****. We're never getting a PM game on the level of the original, TTYD or even SPM ever again.
Goddamn Miyamoto.
If they made Mario in the sandbox style like we wanted and made Mario Party like the old style we wanted... there's hope.

Not much, but it's literally all I have.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not ready for "leak" mania all over again...

Neither am I for insider vs. speculator fights another time...

If it happens, of course.

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused. So this was said supposedly in the direct for Japan, but why is taking over two days for it to be known now? This doesn't make sense to me.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
My hope considering all this

>the minecraft appearance is just a mii costume (also what music would minecraft be able to bring...)
>geno is the square enix represent and is dlc because square wanted the money, and they are greedy about it and don't want to give anything else as a fighter
>same goes for banjo&kazooie which was a late agreement
>same goes for Namco Bandai, courtesy of making the game for Sakurai, Yuri Lowell to chill tales of vesperia on switch
>then monster hunter rep was postponed due to be too long to make with each alternative costume being a different armor
>at last Rex is made with multiple blades like pokemon trainer with pyra, mythra, and nia (sorry for spoilers) and has 3 different smash ultimate depending on which blade he has at the moment

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why are people even talking about Rex when he's the character who got deconfirmed the hardest in the entirety of Smash history?
Rex will, at the very least, not be in the first DLC set, that's for sure.

That doesn't mean he can't be DLC eventually, obviously.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace

Tin foil hats on boys.
Except Ken artwork is different from the Grinch banner artwork which makes it completely made-up.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I don’t understand. The pictures I posted don’t have a 3D hammer, so it makes no sense to compare them to one that does. Am I missing something here?
The eyes of that render look nearly identical to the paper mario render in the spirits mode. Not to mention the hammer looks similar to the second paper mario render you posted.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Guys. I KNOW THE BALLOT IS NOT THE ONLY FACTOR.

There are multiple characters that make that pretty clear.

But you can't deny that the ballot has SOME influence on the roster, Sakurai clearly stated that's why K.Rool got in at all. It may be the main reason why Geno actually has a chance.
That and Sakuri said that he likes the character, but if I were square, would I seriously want Geno to be in smash? My theory is Nintendo wanted Geno for smash but square didn’t so instead they countered with Sora and Nintendo accepted.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still believe the most hurtfull loss and deconfirmation was
"Yup. It's him!"
For bomberman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom