• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I am legit scared about the direct...
Supposedly now Incineroar isn't in?
Where's this exciting news coming from?

You know what? Speaking as soneone who likes Incineroar and had him as my first ever gen 7 starter, this sounds exciting if we have literally no idea now. All the more chance for Phoenix Wright, Shantae, NiGHTS or whoever, to make it in as a playable fighter.

Shroob

Sup?
Yup, time for me to duck out as well.

Even if Grinch leak is real, I want to see the **** for the first time in the Direct, not on some random Twitter post leaking ****.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
EVERYONE READ MY DIRECT PREDICTION.

It will open with the Incinaroar beating everyone up being a real heel and bad guy. Incinaroar is calling anyone and everyone out.

Screen fades to black.

Foot steps.

Then you hear the unmistakable voice of Masako Nozawa with a "KA"

And at that exact moment you all instantly know who it is, and can't F------- believe it.

D

Deleted member

Oh, we actually made it to page 6969 last night.

I didn't dream about Smash Bros. I dreamt about newspapers. And, no, the newspapers did not talk about Smash Bros.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
D

Deleted member

Yo, guys.

What time is it?

IT'S ADVENTURE DIRECT TIME!
No its not; don't lie to the nice people. Will still have an hour and thirty-five minutes (as of typing this) until the direct.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Seems to be an alternate universe kind of thing cause Undyne has both eyes and doesn't seem to know Alphys.
She actually does know her, but they aren't gf, they just rather happen to know each other.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I didn't dream about Smash Bros. I dreamt about newspapers. And, no, the newspapers did not talk about Smash Bros.
I had a dream about Smash Bros. the other night, though I can't really remember it.

I think it opened with implications that Taki and Ivy from Soulcalibur were going to be playable in Smash (actually showing them fighting in a field), and then it turned out it was a fake-out and it was Kratos instead.

Fun times.

D

Deleted member

I thought the N64 mini was a hoax? I could have sworn that was said somewhere, but I dont quite remember where. Could've dreamt it I suppose, but...I dont put much stock in the 'tipster' of a gaming site. I think the board here has better access to insiders; or at least knows where to look for them. Besides, who calls them 'tipsters'?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Are there more people who hope that Xander Mobus (the Announcer) will present the Direct, just like the Wii U 50 Fact Extravaganza?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Iunno if its been said yet, but Imran and Emily said that the Gaming Intel report was wrong for what its worth. But its really just more conflicting information piling more and more on top of one another.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Good morning, lads!

And what a good morning it is.

Two hours to go, until it all goes down!

I usually watch directs all the way to the end without stopping to post here until it's over, but i've got some time.

Hankstorm

Smash Rookie
[QUOTE="JDogindy, post: 22641652, member: 220786
I didn't dream about Smash Bros. I dreamt about newspapers. And, no, the newspapers did not talk about Smash Bros.[/QUOTE]
I did dream about Smash Bros last night. I was watching the direct and the only character that was revealed was Incineroar. I woke up extremely disappointed

KMDP

Smash Legend
Are there more people who hope that Xander Mobus (the Announcer) will present the Direct, just like the Wii U 50 Fact Extravaganza?
No, it'll be Sakurai.

I think it was said in one of the twitter posts announcing the direct that it will be hosted by Sakurai.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Iunno if its been said yet, but Imran and Emily said that the Gaming Intel report was wrong for what its worth. But its really just more conflicting information piling more and more on top of one another.
Soo... we have like 4 Possible outcomes?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only insider I truly trust is this guy.

I'll be hearing from him in a couple of hours--I'll let you know what my source says.
What if I were to tell you he wasn't the real insider? Maybe... The "real insiders" were the friends we've made along the way.

lol no, legalize pokefloats

KMDP

Smash Legend
Good morning, lads!

And what a good morning it is.

Two hours to go, until it all goes down!

I usually watch directs all the way to the end without stopping to post here until it's over, but i've got some time.
This what I do.

I might come back midway through to scream about Isaac or something if he happens, but don't count on it, I don't usually get that hype. :laugh:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Going to eat breakfast and clean myself up in preparation for this. I'm peacing out until the Direct is over since I really have nothing else to say here right now.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I do hope everyone is having a good morning because the Smash Direct is really close!

I wonder how many bosses we’ll get for the game, Brawl had like 10 right?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Soo... we have like 4 Possible outcomes?
Pretty much. It’s either Kencineroar + Possible Squeenix rep and other unknown Nintendo character vs Grinch vs Playable Isaac/Geno/Chorus Kids/Incineroar/Ken vs no Incineroar/Steve/Banjo vs something we don’t know about

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since smash ultimate was first announced in the March direct, I’ve repeatedly had dreams about Duke Nukem getting into smash bros. I don’t know why. (It’s not because of smash kingdom)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'll watch some speed-runs (probably something from Games Done Quick) to get through the next hour and a half. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Best case scenario, everyone on The Grinch leaks is revealed but on the wrong parts of the banner.

Then Incineroar shows up, somehow.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
OKAY, final support post for the Grinch leak being real! This is for all you pro-real people.

Instead of making illustrations that fit around gaps of characters or move characters that do not require more art, a fake leaker did probably the most complex thing here if he did not have assets.

20181101_081758.png

And no, I'm not talking about Greninja and his tongue, which is scarily accurate in terms of length because we can actually see how long the tongue was supposed to be in older banners (slightly longer than his arm) and this person got it extremely accurate.

I'm talking about ****ing Daisy. This ******* thought that in order to add his perfectly custom Banjo art into the banner, he HAD to move Daisy in a way she's never been moved before. As you can see, the banner has depth to it and Daisy currently resides as far back as possible in the Isabelle banner, just like she always has since June.

By adding Banjo, the fake leaker had to displace her I guess (and everyone around Banjo too), but her in such a way that brings a her from the background and closer to the middle so she is AT LEAST in front of Simon Belmonts whip when she is moved under Link in the leak. Additionally, we've never seen the left portions of her dress... literally ever, yet this guy displaced her and created brand new portions of her dress just because?

Listen, I know people can do this, and we've seen at least 1 person attempt to replicate it. But that's just it, it has never been someone's original idea to do something like this.

I can't fathom for the life of me why, if fake and a leaker lacks assets, why he/she "easily" plays around with character positions, changing the perspective on like 20 different people and adding additional art everywhere, JUST so he/she can fit their 7 incredibly original art assets into it, so it can be printed and wrapped on autocad printouts from an official company that does exactly these things, all while throwing an actual person under the bus for taking the video.

Anyway, team #real until the first 2 minutes of the direct where I either have a heart attack from it being true or a panic attack from it being fake.

Who's riding with me?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Either way, I fully expect either Incineroar or Isaac to be the first reveal. If one of them aren’t, it doesn’t deconfirm them, but they just seem like the perfect openers.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll watch some speed-runs (probably something from Games Done Quick) to get through the next hour and a half. Any suggestions?
Oats+Andy SMLTTP randomizer On Sunday was good. But it's like 4 hours long.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
For everyone saying "Good morning".
MORI-MORI-MORI MORI-OH CHO RADIO~! (We love Morioh Cho...)

"Good morning, it's a beautiful day here in Smash Land..."

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Best case scenario, everyone on The Grinch leaks is revealed but on the wrong parts of the banner.

Then Incineroar shows up, somehow.
You think its Kazooie but Incineroar pops up outta Banjo’s backpack

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
OKAY, final support post for the Grinch leak being real! This is for all you pro-real people.

Instead of making illustrations that fit around gaps of characters or move characters that do not require more art, a fake leaker did probably the most complex thing here if he did not have assets.

View attachment 174432

And no, I'm not talking about Greninja and his tongue, which is scarily accurate in terms of length because we can actually see how long the tongue was supposed to be in older banners (slightly longer than his arm) and this person got it extremely accurate.

I'm talking about ****ing Daisy. This ******* thought that in order to add his perfectly custom Banjo art into the banner, he HAD to move Daisy in a way she's never been moved before. As you can see, the banner has depth to it and Daisy currently resides as far back as possible in the Isabelle banner, just like she always has since June.

By adding Banjo, the fake leaker had to displace her I guess (and everyone around Banjo too), but her in such a way that brings a her from the background and closer to the middle so she is AT LEAST in front of Simon Belmonts whip when she is moved under Link in the leak. Additionally, we've never seen the left portions of her dress... literally ever, yet this guy displaced her and created brand new portions of her dress just because?

Listen, I know people can do this, and we've seen at least 1 person attempt to replicate it. But that's just it, it has never been someone's original idea to do something like this.

I can't fathom for the life of me why, if fake and a leaker lacks assets, why he/she "easily" plays around with character positions, changing the perspective on like 20 different people and adding additional art everywhere, JUST so he/she can fit their 7 incredibly original art assets into it, so it can be printed and wrapped on autocad printouts from an official company that does exactly these things, all while throwing an actual person under the bus for taking the video.

Anyway, team #real until the first 2 minutes of the direct where I either have a heart attack from it being true or a panic attack from it being fake.

Who's riding with me?
Amazing.

The leak has so many little details that there's no way it can't be true. I believe in it but I won't be mad if it turns out to be fake. The game is amazing nevertheless and we already have so many awesome characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom