• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Guys, I'd like to ask of you. What will you be doing to pass the time unill the direct starts?

As for me, I'm rewatching the Smash Direct in August. What about you?
Probably getting ready for work...
Right after the Direct ends, I need to depart, so I might as well get ready beforehand...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, I'd like to ask of you. What will you be doing to pass the time unill the direct starts?

As for me, I'm rewatching the Smash Direct in August. What about you?
Doing my job, still got work for a few hours after my lunch break and it takes like 45 minutes to get home so I'll be smart and turn the wifi on my phone off so my ******** friends can't spoil it for me

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I swear to god if Sakurai destroys all forms of speculation as we know it, or in fact confirms one of our many leaks.... but DOESN'T say "These are your final new challengers..."

This place is going to have a meltdown.
Honestly... They could save one or two characters for closer to launch. Emphasis on could. Which may explain a missing incinaroar in a certain leak.

I dont want to believe

D

Deleted member

Y’know, it’s a bit annoying that only these big gaming news sites get inside info, while us commoners are left to dry.
Oi, insiders, send your info to me, I’m trustworthy and reliable.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I do see Shantae very likely as an AT. as other people have mentioned, Sans would be cool too, and quote, to complete the indie pantheon.
saw a video teh other day about "reasons" why shantae was a playable character in smash.. and honestly 90% of the video was massive straw grasping, but the 10% related to some wayforward stuff seems convincing. the problem is that theory works both, for her as a playable character, or for her as an assist.

I also was hoping to get Guile as a Street fighter assist :0 and a couple more of returning one like phospora, saki and the like.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if there was an ESRB leak back when Smash 64 was close to being released.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Would they even be spoilers then? Even then would that even matter in this topic considering it's set up to talk about next info and speculate and whatnot?
They'd be spoilers cause I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours and then another hour until I'm at home.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Hmmmm...... is everyone suddenly on TeamFake? I see more people calling Mach Rider an assis
It is ironic now I feel being TeamReal is the only way to get Isaac :urg:
People are just scared of being disappointed if the leak isn't real so they're moving to team fake

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I do see Shantae very likely as an AT. as other people have mentioned, Sans would be cool too, and quote, to complete the indie pantheon.
saw a video teh other day about "reasons" why shantae was a playable character in smash.. and honestly 90% of the video was massive straw grasping, but the 10% related to some wayforward stuff seems convincing. the problem is that theory works both, for her as a playable character, or for her as an assist.

I also was hoping to get Guile as a Street fighter assist :0 and a couple more of returning one like phospora, saki and the like.
I want Chun-Li as the SF assist...
But in return, we can get 5 remixes of Guile's theme
Let's go, baby!

Shroob

Sup?
Imagine if there was an ESRB leak back when Smash 64 was close to being released.
Considering there really wasn't a fanbase, it wouldn't really have done anything. Hell, even Melee's roster leak was pretty unceremoniously leaked via Gamefaqs.

D

Deleted member

I mean Praline somehow avoided spoilers for what Dio's Stand does until like last week
So much of Jojo’s reputation and jokes are built on spoilers, it would be rather difficult to go in spoiler free i’d imagine.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Do you guys have a live chat somewhere, where we can watch the direct together? I don't want to have to spam F5 to see everyone's reaction

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I wonder who the other three names Gaming Intel were told about that they were less confident towards. I’d assume its Shadow, Isaac, and Geno since they’re some of the ones with the most doubt around them.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, is it two hours until the Direct? Just trying to make sure because of time zones and whatnot.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If Goku gets confirmed can I be designated as the psycho user that knew it all along, and permanently recognized as the guy who wanted goku and actually got goku?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I want Chun-Li as the SF assist...
But in return, we can get 5 remixes of Guile's theme
Let's go, baby!
i want to keep guile as an assist in the secret hope that Chun li may become a playable someday XD but yeah.. chun li works too... although guile is perfect for the assist... he have like.... 2 moves? 3 if you count the shades :p

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I swear to god if Sakurai destroys all forms of speculation as we know it, or in fact confirms one of our many leaks.... but DOESN'T say "These are your final new challengers..."

I can't see in any form how we all won't have a meltdown in the end.

Grinch leak- Meltdown
Grinch leak, It's never ogre- MELTDOWN
Grinch leak completely wrong- Meltdown
Ken and Incineroar only- Melt ****ing down

I personally still can't see it being fake no matter what insiders say. Everything is just too deliberate, but I'm prepared for it to be fake

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
God that ****ing icon fills me with seven levels of "NOPE"
:laugh:

I forgot I had that avatar for yesterday before I posted my question. Although it's nice to see I spooked one more person before I realized I still had it and changed it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll I can say on this is December 6th.

:nifty:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm actually surprised that there isn't a Smashboards discord. I saw Splatboards had one, so I thought the same would go for Smash.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If Goku gets confirmed can I be designated as the psycho user that knew it all along, and permanently recognized as the guy who wanted goku and actually got goku?
Sure, but know that 99% of people who say "URGH GOKU" are actually people who want him but need to act like intellect people.

I say this because Goku managed to beat every discussion of newcomers we had since March and the discussion were actually pretty serious.

We are all children at heart, and we would all jump in joy deep inside.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If BWD gets revealed as the #69 character, I can already imagine what toxic behavior that would be going on in sites like 4chan ("hurr durr Hat Goomba"), especially since it kinda BTFOs the Grinch leak. Which is why I really want Incineroar to be #69 as a scapegoat.
Pro
  • your most-wanted character is in Smash

Con
  • your most-wanted character is #69

Sure, why not? And I will be celebrating that the "no anime" rule is broken because it will mean Team Rocket Meowth and Captain N are possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom